Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:27   #37921
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Spotted this crashed Spresso outside of Valparai town couple of days ago.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2023_0430_141431_134.mov_000117433.jpg

It had been raining for past couple of hours and the driver probably lost control of the vehicle.

The sheer number of terrible riders and drivers we saw in and around Valparai was mind numbing! If anyone wants to learn how not to ride/drive, do visit Valparai and drive to Chalakudy.

Another accident along the same route, though minor.

Both vehicles had enough space to their sides, yet chose not to move due to elephant sized egos, resulting in the Traveler hitting the Bolero's side. Also notice the biker in the frame. He had been riding terribly for quite some time, trying to overtake the Traveler on blind curves. After the side swipe, the Traveler comes to an abrupt halt , and the biker very nearly crashed into it!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd May 2023 at 19:17. Reason: Repeared word deleted
GeneralJazz is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:39   #37922
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this was posted already,

https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/man-...ndtv_topscroll

Seems to be becoming a norm off late on the capital roads. Is that a TBHP sticker on the side? I sure hope not
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 15:50   #37923
Distinguished - BHPian

This was a freak and rarest of rare accident wherein a train that just went past a level crossing in North Nagpur at Bokhara, unpredictably reversed. The railway gatekeeper on duty was not present. The train started reversing and the Hyundai i 20 driver aged 35, upon seeing the train jumped out of his car. The car was damaged and the driver suffered injuries. The car upon being hit by the train, hit a biker alongside. Luckily, the biker too jumped leaving his bike but suffered a fracture.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nagpur-city-line_20230503.jpeg

In what could have been a serious accident, both the car driver and biker were lucky.

The car's frontal portion seems to have taken the hit. Else the car could have been a total loss.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd May 2023 at 15:55.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 21:52   #37924
BHPian

A lorry with granite load broke a bridge built by Britishers, in Andhra pradesh. Glad that there are no other cars, bikes on bridge that time.

ramki.grandhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 07:59   #37925
Senior - BHPian

Another mishap happened in Kerala day before yesterday.

Old Thar went out of control hitting a car and 2 scooters before ramming into a closed shop. One of the scooter riders reportedly succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday morning.

Last edited by self_driven : 4th May 2023 at 08:00.
self_driven is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 12:43   #37926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
One of the scooter riders reportedly succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday morning.
Probably the First Scooter person (female) might've succumbed. She didn't have any time neither to brake or correct herself. Another reason not to trail too close to cars by 2 wheelers. The second scooterist had time to brake, but the Scooter didn't stop.

Utility vehicles are not meant for driving fast. How the Thar Driver lost control can be determined only after looking at previous 100 Mts of drive by other cameras.

Last edited by jaaz : 4th May 2023 at 12:45.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:47   #37927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This was a freak and rarest of rare accident wherein a train that just went past a level crossing in North Nagpur at Bokhara, unpredictably reversed.
Update: Central Railway, Nagpur has ordered an inquiry into the incident that occurred involving a mysteriously reversing goods train that hit a car and a bike, injuring two people. The police have registered an offence and are seeking details from the railways. The railways have stated that the incident was due to :-

"unforeseen technical glitch due to stalled load at the gradient. The train reversed as wheels lost grip on the tracks.”

They have denied that the gatekeeper was not at the site at the time of this accident. Railways say that their gate keepers are ex-servicemen. Further investigation could reveal the truth.

Both the injured victims were young and aged 35 (car driver) and 30 (biker) respectively who acted instantly to duck the mysterious goods train. Imagine if there were medically less fit or aged persons with lower reflex action, lower than average presence of mind and disability. Under such adverse circumstances, they would simply be trapped to the fate of mercy in such a situation.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
anjan_c2007 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 14:46   #37928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
If anyone wants to learn how not to ride/drive, do visit Valparai and drive to Chalakudy.
Barring a handful, most drive/ride like crap. On narrow roads and season time, the idiot meets idiot probability shoots up exponentially. What you saw in TT vs Bolero is very civil. 5 years back I was driving Shani Signapur to Rahuri on Xmas day and saw 4 live road rage incidents where the fights went physical straightaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
a train that just went past a level crossing in North Nagpur at Bokhara, unpredictably reversed
How can a non agile vehicle like a train, unpredictably and suddenly reverse? And much more agile vehicles like a car and 2-wheeler not be able to react.

Living a km away from railway track and crossing it atleast 2 times a day. I see loads of stupid and suicidal stuff road users pull off at railway crossings. By far the worst (and retrospectively amusing) capture is this

narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 16:48   #37929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Probably the First Scooter person (female) might've succumbed. She didn't have any time neither to brake or correct herself. Another reason not to trail too close to cars by 2 wheelers. The second scooterist had time to brake, but the Scooter didn't stop.

Utility vehicles are not meant for driving fast. How the Thar Driver lost control can be determined only after looking at previous 100 Mts of drive by other cameras.
I winced when I saw the second 2 wheeler person take the impact. It was full on for that rider and looks like that rider really took a nasty hit.

Just scary watching such accidents that happen for no fault of others but it is they who take the brunt of it all.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 20:08   #37930
BHPian

Youtuber and rider Agastay died on spot while trying to reach top speed on a Ninja ZX 10 R
ramki.grandhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 20:52   #37931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Youtuber and rider Agastay died on spot while trying to reach top speed on a Ninja ZX 10 R
I really doubt he crashed 'while' trying to reach top speed. The clip being circulated on social media is from the last video uploaded on his channel. He reaches speeds of almost 280 km/hr in that clip which no doubt was a reckless and irresponsible thing to do.

His friend claims it was a hit and run accident. Not sure about the authenticity of it but damages to the bike also don't correspond to a high speed crash. RIP to the departed soul.
self_driven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 00:09   #37932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
I really doubt he crashed 'while' trying to reach top speed. The clip being circulated on social media is from the last video uploaded on his channel. He reaches speeds of almost 280 km/hr in that clip which no doubt was a reckless and irresponsible thing to do.
If anything, I feel sorry for the culture that tells people to go break the laws, and risk lives of people to get likes on social media. Its even worse if they try to make a living out of such likes. People who mess around so much with luck, will eventually bite the dust.

I am not sure why you have reason to doubt he was not speeding. Even the other youtuber says they speed for likes on YT, he squarely blames the people who watch. One cant look at pictures of damages on the bike, and dispute the media reporting. Sure, I would trust a police report from an accident investigator. It could also be that the damage is all on the side not seen in the pics. Now, we are both speculating. But, I really do not feel sorry for anything that happens to such people who speed on public roads for YT likes.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 06:40   #37933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
I am not sure why you have reason to doubt he was not speeding.
Most of his videos are related to speeding. There are many 200+ kmph videos. I am not saying that he was speeding on the day of accident, but speeding and girls reaction was an essential part of his YouTube channel. All of 20-22 yrs of age and riding such powerful bikes needs a calm and composed mind.

Again accidents do happen to many careful road users sometimes even to innocent pedestrians, but trying to get appreciated in SM by speeding is taunting fate.

And what is this craze of "cute girl reactions" videos? Finally this will cause hassle for other motorcyclists like me, who will finally get banned from all expressways.

Edit: I am sure his motovlog video must have caught the incident. Police will most probably investigate that and can tell more about what happened.

Last edited by masterChief007 : 5th May 2023 at 06:42.
masterChief007 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:36   #37934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's one less idiot on the roads trying to impress cute girls by putting others' lives at risk.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:59   #37935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Aren't ambulances carrying patients expected to travel at high speeds?
As far as i know, they are allowed "right of way" - all other vehicles need to make way for it, but ideally they should largely stick to the speed limit.

If say city speed limit is 50 kph & the ambulance is barreling along at even 70 kph - it is dangerous and can lead to accidents, as other vehicles might not get enough time (or space), to give way. Especially true for our congested cities & mix of traffic - which includes jay walkers, animals, 2 wheelers, tiny e-bikes, 3 wheelers, jugaads, cars, small & medium trucks.

In case of highways, since Ambulances are generally large & top-heavy and there are the usual hazards like crossing animals & bikes, wrong-side driving, break-down vehicles, etc - it is imperative that they stick to highway speed limit which is generally atleast 60 kmph & goes upto 100 kph I believe for HTVs.

Maruti van ambulances are a totally other story & should not even cross 60 kph.
jessie007 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks