Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 06:48   #37951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Youtuber and rider Agastay died on spot while trying to reach top speed on a Ninja ZX 10 R
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DGNhYPnd3Ac
No pity for these guys. They endanger the lives of so many people on the road for Cute Girl reactions One less idiot on the road.
And the nutcase explaining this video is riding with one hand and looks like another Darwin's theory waiting to happen. Such a fool!

Last edited by hrman : 6th May 2023 at 06:51.
hrman is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 09:06   #37952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
I
He can be seen apologizing afterwards; he also commit not to repeat rash driving and asks his followers not to indulge in it.
Just goes on to show the lax attitude of himself as an adult for the rule of law. And the Parents who enable them with 15-20 lakh rupees bikes without making them self sufficient, and imparting much needed advice. I am sure his parents too know about his rash driving.

I don't want to blame anyone else for the accident, apart from the accident victim himself for this (if he was speeding etc), and though my condolences are with the family for their loss. But this could have been avoided with proper intervention from his parents.

But finally as an adult it is your own responsibility to try to stay alive by not doing idiotic antics (includes selfie drops/speeding etc).
masterChief007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 10:46   #37953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
No pity for these guys. They endanger the lives of so many people on the road for Cute Girl reactions
He was earning 2 to 4 lakh rupees per month from reels on youtube etc. This was claimed in one of the videos I saw. Hence, it is not about cute girls only. Yes, to garner more likes and mint more money, cute girls may be part of the plot sometimes.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 18:37   #37954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This has to be a joke. His average speed looks like is 200+. To hit him means, it has to be one of these other “YouTube bikers”.
Looks like he was trying to hit 300.

https://twitter.com/InsAdmnHYDTP/sta...46326844436481
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 16:14   #37955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post

Just checked his Youtube channel. His last video was about attempting to hit 300 kmph, and then record some reactions of girls in Delhi. Oh Boy, the ambitions and goals of today's youth!
Since time immemorial one of the drives of young boys has always been to impress girls. Some forget there are other safer avenues like dance, music, acting to impress girls
StopUnderrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 16:35   #37956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
Since time immemorial one of the drives of young boys has always been to impress girls...
And it's time for young girls to have a bit more sense about what impresses them. Nothing else will help
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 18:25   #37957
BHPian

It is not just about impressing cute girls, if you watch his videos there are clips of girls in almost all his video. It is what brings in viewership from your audience and the age group of the audience. The audience of such youtubers is mostly the same age group that is not blessed with resources enough to get these kind of vehicles.

It is not limited to these biker youtubers but a universal phenomenon on the internet - you want viewers, try to include cute girls anyhow. Even many indian travel vloggers travelling offbeat countries like Central Asian Republics, South American countries will always somehow end up having a local girl on their videos. To find such channels, just search 'Indian in xyz country' and many such channels with similar names like - Travelling xyz, Passenger xyz, Nomad abc etc... will come up.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th May 2023 at 17:36. Reason: spacing for readability
Candy$Cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 04:41   #37958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
if you watch his videos there are clips of girls in almost all his video
The unsafe riding is just the icing on the cake. I checked out a couple of his videos out of curiosity and they feature him "impressing" underage girls e.g. those in school (not college) uniforms with shots zooming in from afar. It's extremely inappropriate and quite creepy behaviour.

The world is better off without such people.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 8th May 2023 at 05:00.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:12   #37959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
I have a very violent reaction to even seeing those videos of 'touching top speeds' on highways or city roads.... take their behinds and bikes to a race track and off the highways...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
No amount of training and certificates can save me if I decide to go 200kmph on public roads... Public roads are not to test speed limits..
I too have occasional itch to hit high speeds in 4W. So, I go to a test track, wear proper safety helmet (for 4W driving), follow the track rules, touch upto 200kmph and satiate the itch. It's an access controlled track, yet the amount of concentration required is very high; any lapse can result in big crash.

On public highways/ expressways, I rarely go beyond 98kmph where speed limit is 100kmph. Having cruise control helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And it's time for young girls to have a bit more sense about what impresses them. Nothing else will help
Though I understand your sentiments, but this is like prescribing flu vaccine when someone's been bit by a dog. It's these idiot riders/ drivers who should mend their acts. Why expect other parties to change when these people don't even care about their own lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezzer View Post
We went to the Renault service center to pick up our Kwid and I saw this badly mangled Triber. No idea what happened though.
Seems like rear under-run with a truck. Seems like the driver was able to brake the vehicle to some extent. The cabin has held up well, minimal intrusion. If the occupants were belted, I expect no major injuries.

What I don't understand is the T-Bone impact on rear left door. May be some bike was also involved.
AutoNoob is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 23:49   #37960
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Robin Jacob for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Sharing a few pictures involving an Ertiga.

This happened a couple of days back at Elaveezhapoonchira, a tourist spot in Kerala's Kottayam district.

1. The ghat road was recently resurfaced to bitumen macadam.

2. Reportedly, while travelling downhill, the vehicle lost its brakes and went off the road.

3. Passengers were admitted to a nearby hospital, and no casualties were reported.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1683537806941.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1683385737261.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1683385752069.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1683537802219.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1683537810356.jpg

Images courtesy Facebook posts.
Old 9th May 2023, 08:45   #37961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Youtuber and rider Agastay died on spot while trying to reach top speed on a Ninja ZX 10 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
I really doubt he crashed 'while' trying to reach top speed. The clip being circulated on social media is from the last video uploaded on his channel. He reaches speeds of almost 280 km/hr in that clip which no doubt was a reckless and irresponsible thing to do.

His friend claims it was a hit and run accident. Not sure about the authenticity of it but damages to the bike also don't correspond to a high speed crash. RIP to the departed soul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
Sure, I would trust a police report from an accident investigator. It could also be that the damage is all on the side not seen in the pics.

YouTuber Agastay Chauhan, Who Died In Superbike Crash, Was Doing 294 Kmph, Say Police

Source: NDTV

Quote:
Speaking about the crash, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kalanidhi Naithani said that they have recovered the action camera used by Agastay to record his high-speed run.

"When we recovered the camera he wore during the bike ride, we came to know that his bike hit a speed of 294 kmph moments before the crash. An investigation is on," he added.
AutoNoob is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 10:17   #37962
Senior - BHPian

Just witnessed an accident which is getting more and more common these days.

Signal at a big junction turned orange and was going to turn red. All the folks in the front line slowed to a stop. Second line two wheeler went and banged a two wheeler in the front line who had stopped!

Very busy signal next to the Government Secretariat so plenty of cops on scene to manage the inevitable chaos that would ensue.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 14:27   #37963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Oh yes, I've seen that happen too. While the amber is ideally the cue to slow down and come to a halt, it spurs several others to speed up instead to beat the red light. In my experience, they are very rarely able to beat the red, as the amber stays on for a surprisingly short duration only.

This invariably annoys both sides, especially if there is vehicular damage.
Small Bot is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 17:12   #37964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Reminds me of two very weird incidents.

I was waiting for the signal to turn green at a very busy road in Delhi. Just as it turned green, and the extra traffic stopped flowing from the other side, I drove ahead. Admittedly, I accelerated a bit fast. At the same time, a Swift coming from a different side (which had a red signal, and had had a red signal even before this) at extremely high speed came to a screeching halt about 5 feet away from my car. The driver then got extremely agitated and said something along the lines of what are you doing. I said my light is green, you're jumping the light. His response still stumps me - "light green ho gayi iska matlab chalne lagoge?" (you have a green signal means you start driving?).
This logic appeared to be something out of a Douglas Adams novel.

This one was narrated to me by a friend. He was approaching a traffic signal which had just turned red, so he stopped. The car behind him decided not to stop and ended up rear-ending my friend's car (though very lightly). The driver got out and said to my friend, "arre laal batti hote hi ruk jaoge kya?" (why did you stop when the light had just turned red?).

The lesson I have learnt also sounds odd to write down: just because the signal has changed does not mean you have to change anything. Stopping on red can cause accident, driving on green can cause accident. Just look on all sides of the car all the time and decide accordingly.
N.A.GTC is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 18:02   #37965
Senior - BHPian

One cannot factor in human stupidity and arrogance in most things and it holds true on the road as well.

Those two dialogues you mentioned would have made my jaw drop at the sheer audacity!

Just instances of us Indians flexing the rule to the point of breaking.

Most Viewed