Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 19:42   #38236
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
It took him almost a day to get out of that shock and realise that the shoe was the least of his worries after an accident. Shock makes people do such things.
I second to you on that.

Remembered a near fatal accident (May be a thread sometime) which I had met years ago and my wife’s first reaction (recovering from the shock) after the wreck was, your iPad is completely broken. And I was like we need to evacuate, forget the iPad. In hindsight that sounds funny. But yeh, people act differently when shocked.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 09:19   #38237
BHPian

Not an accident but pretty close to a disaster. I know our infrastructure is poor and people aren't well educated, still this isn't acceptable.

ramki.grandhi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 10:27   #38238
BHPian

I always feel little disturbed while going through this thread. Doesn't matter whoever is in fault, at the end so many innocent lives are lost. And that is happening everyday.

2/3 days back a school going girl fell from scooty and lost her life when a school bus ran her over, although from cctv footage it seemed that wasn't actually mistake of the bus driver.

Posting a different incident that happened same day near Baihata Chariali, 25/30 kms from Guwahati. The Man survived the accident somehow.

dolphinjazz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 11:14   #38239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Not an accident but pretty close to a disaster
Yes, pretty close to disaster, but trailer shouldn’t have stopped on the zebra crossing in the first place. Clearly that path is meant for pedestrians.
Old 10th June 2023, 16:42   #38240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinjazz View Post

Posting a different incident that happened same day near Baihata Chariali, 25/30 kms from Guwahati. The Man survived the accident somehow.
Is it due to panic breaking by the 2 Wheeler? Or road condition.

Probably a parked Car suddenly entered the highway and that might've triggered to panic breaking. The 2 wheeler rider might've thought that the Car would enter the fast lane, leading to sudden breaking.

The Person is lucky to survive as 2 Cars almost passed over him.
Old 10th June 2023, 17:18   #38241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Yes, pretty close to disaster, but trailer shouldn’t have stopped on the zebra crossing in the first place. Clearly that path is meant for pedestrians.
Just because someone broke the road rules, doesn't mean we all should also break and put ourselves into danger.
She can still cross the road from front or back of that big vehicle and her action is not justified.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 18:06   #38242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Just because someone broke the road rules, doesn't mean we all should also break and put ourselves into danger.
She can still cross the road from front or back of that big vehicle and her action is not justified.
That's the shocking part - why on earth could she not cross from the front? Even then there could be a blind spot and it could be risky, but this is just insanity. Good lord.
epiccross is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 23:55   #38243
BHPian

Another Normal Day

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-touching.jpg

Original Video Uploader:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/3430480120544937
Sarvodaya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 04:33   #38244

So this happened at Narsinghpur near Kherki Daula on NH8 when I was coming from work. Immediately retrieved the footage from the dashcam, called 112, and went to the nearby Police Station. His number was put through the e-challan machine. I got his number, and he was called by the IO, wherein he agreed to come to PS. After that, he ignored calls and was finally picked up by a lady who was told he would have to come one way or another through an FIR. The next day he wasn’t picking up calls from IO. So I called him up, still didn’t pick it up. So left a WhatsApp message that I would file an FIR within an hour if he didn’t show up at PS. He then proceeded to call me up and accepted his mistake but gave a pretty bad excuse that his mobile phone came in between the break, and that’s why he couldn’t break and couldn’t pick up calls as his phone had been damaged due to it. I asked for filing charges and NCB, which he accepted, finally leading to a settlement.
Damage to my vehicle:

Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7177.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th June 2023 at 05:02. Reason: i=I, grammar. Please proofread before posting, Thanks.
sumitchauhan073 is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 07:59   #38245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_maan View Post
I caught a heart breaking accident ony dashcam today near Krishnagiri. A young guy on a bike came under the wheels of a lorry. I was about 50m behind when it happened and caught it on my dashcam.
https://Youtu.be/kgI_rh4YHz8
Absolutely reckless. I don't think he was wearing a helmet even. Helmet is something that's synonymous with driving safely / attitude towards safety. Anyone can drive fast, it takes a person with safety attitude to drive fast yet safe.

So sorry for what you have to go through on that call with his mother. No parent in the world deserve this.
Sunny_7937 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 09:55   #38246
Distinguished - BHPian

Pajero - Tiago accident on morning of 7-June-2023, on the Nipani - Bagalkot sector. Pics by my cousin.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tiago.jpg
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 10:06   #38247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitchauhan073 View Post
So this happened at Narsinghpur near Kherki Daula on NH8 when I was coming from work. Immediately retrieved the footage from the dashcam, called 112, and went to the nearby Police Station. His number was put through the e-challan machine.
Glad you are safe.

How did you get his number? From the video, the registration number is hardly clear.

Did you get a shot of his rear side when he fled from the scene?
Old 11th June 2023, 11:00   #38248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Glad you are safe.

How did you get his number? From the video, the registration number is hardly clear.

Did you get a shot of his rear side when he fled from the scene?

Thank you!!

I guess the uploaded video has lost some quality but it was clearly visible in the rear camera stock video that i got from dashcam. Enough that i can clearly see the reaction of the driver. He wasn’t focused on road that was clear.
sumitchauhan073 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 11:47   #38249

Quote:
Damage to my vehicle:
Sorry you had to go through this. Did the airbags deploy for this kind of impact?
Old 11th June 2023, 13:54   #38250
BHPian

Quote:
So this happened at Narsinghpur near Kherki Daula on NH8 when I was coming from work. Immediately retrieved the footage from the dashcam, called 112, and went to the nearby Police Station. His number was put through the e-challan machine.
Glad that you are alright.
See how quickly he escaped after damaging your vehicle.Clearly highlights why a dash cam is needed, or else there would be no way to catch him.

You were also lucky that his number plate was visible momentarily after hitting your car else the headlight glare blocks it. And of course, the cops seemed to be helpful.
Meph1st0 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks