Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2701.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamNikhil (Post 5770962)
Another instance of an altercation at a toll plaza. The driver of the Swift tries to flee and in the bargain, rams into the female toll staff and breaks the boom barrier.

https://youtu.be/zmbaQpjZ8CI

I always wonder why do we have exemption system for VIPs at toll plazas. Anyone with ego or political connections tries to avoid toll, may not be to just save few bucks but to show off his or her status and connection which leads to such altercation. If this rotten system is removed then there is no incentive or reason for such people to act oversmart and brag about their connections !

It is the third time that I'm involved in an accident already this year, and the third time I need to claim insurance. My family is probably wondering if I'm a pathetic driver, though they are sparing my feelings for now.

It was at this place, near Ashok Pillar in Chennai.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20240527-094425.png

I was slowly turning into the 4th Avenue, when a police Bolero cut in front of me and tried to take a u-turn at speed. I immediately braked and honked, but the other car scraped me nicely. I was not even able to reverse as there was another car tailgating me as if his life depended on it.

So this was the damage to my Brezza.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240527_082239.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240527_082235.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240527_082228.jpg

There was not so much visible damage to the Bolero.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240527_082245.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240527_082253.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240527_082249.jpg

Thankfully, he stopped and apologized. I requested his insurance copy, and offered to share mine over email or WhatsApp to him.

His response was: 'I'm police, this is a government car. We never have insurance for police cars, please claim own damage.'

While I was not fully convinced, I did not want to make it an issue, with my family sitting inside the car. We mutually agreed to take photos, shook hands and left.

Though I did not feel like it was my fault at all, the damage did not warrant making a scene and spouting lines like: 'How can police drive rashly like this?', which I'm reasonably sure wouldn't have ended up well for me.

My main issue is the downtime for my car, especially when I'm undergoing quite a bit of chaos in my personal life. I'll be able to take the car to the MASS only a few days or week from now, I hope that wouldn't be an issue with claiming insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small Bot (Post 5776670)

His response was: 'I'm police, this is a government car. We never have insurance for police cars, please claim own damage.'

This is possible. Because I definitely know buses of the government transport corporations do not have insurance. Any compensation awarded by the courts will be directly settled by the government. It is possible they are following the same rule for all their vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altrozed (Post 5775383)
From the X, this is another chilling video. VIEWER DISCRETION PLEASE

Such high end cars have almost all aids for a safe reversal and yet this happened. Good thing known so far is the victim is alive and safe.

https://x.com/abhitoshsingh/status/1...0%2Fframe.html

Horrifying:eek:. That seems like a 2012 Fortuner. If I am not wrong, back then it did not have the rear parking camera/sensors.

That said, the driver definitely should have been more cautious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07CR (Post 5776915)
Horrifying:eek:. That seems like a 2012 Fortuner. If I am not wrong, back then it did not have the rear parking camera/sensors.

That said, the driver definitely should have been more cautious.

I feel the driver has cranked up his stereo volume and has not paid any heed to his surroundings. Even then, the bang on the metal should've been heard and the sudden change in terrain.

I feel this was done on purpose. Let's hope there are no internal injuries for the victim.

Roads are becoming more dangerous every day, makes us feel a bit fearful of what might happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneRidder (Post 5776530)

This is just another day in BLR-MYS road.

51 people lost their lived in last 24 hrs in Karnataka and ADGP of the State Road Safety and Traffic Department, expresses deep concern.
Authorities also seems to be helpless.

Asianet News

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small Bot (Post 5776670)

Some people confuse absence of insurance with absence of liability.. But
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 5776741)
buses of the government transport corporations do not have insurance. Any compensation awarded by the courts will be directly settled by the government

So, I guess, the practical answer is one wouldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDRAs5vb3go

Both were on a mission this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 5777036)

Both? How is it RE guy's mistake, isn't he going in the left most lane? The other guy gave signal and jumped two lanes, how is this justified?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 5777036)

Is it your dashcam? The signal was green for you and the curb-side biker? Was it red for the other biker? If yes, and yes, then there is no question of both.

On top of that, the biker coming from the right is, essentially, driving straight into the other guy. Even if the signal was green for him, that is not a licence to ram someone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi (Post 5777039)
Both? How is it RE guy's mistake, isn't he going in the left most lane? The other guy gave signal and jumped two lanes, how is this justified?

A bit harsh on the left most guy, but he should have been more defensive I feel. He saw the biker coming his way but ended up just feathering his brake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5777046)
Is it your dashcam? The signal was green for you and the curb-side biker? Was it red for the other biker? If yes, and yes, then there is no question of both.

Yes, my cam, excuse the dirty windshield. This road ahead splits into service road where both the bikers are headed. Signal is green for all, the traffic merges from the right and half of them want to take the service road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon (Post 5775083)
I have ridden through Death Valley National park, and the Sonoran desert of Arizona in the summer with full gear. Not sure what mesh jacket you have. I have some custom stitched jackets from MotoPort. https://www.motoport.com/product/mar...r-mesh-jacket/ Look for such a material, they have max airflow, and are bearable even in Death Valley.

I need to repeat this a hundred times. Always dress for the slide, and not the ride. Always!

I got an a* and an old spartan mesh. The a* fits me proper however the spartan admittedly hasn't kept pace with my protruding belly!
Death valley is the hottest place on earth, however is it the most humid? I think it's humidity more than heat which is the problem here in Mumbai! Also it is not really the case that I can't wear the gears I have at all because of the heat, I always gear up properly before a leisure ride. Countless runs to Lonavala/Malshej around Mumbai and never once I did them without full gear. Problem really is that for work commute, no matter what you wear, you'd end up soaking wet. I am going to try out liners now and see if it helps.
Or maybe just carry an extra short and wear it. For now, bike is not rideable, so I am going to give the free office transport a chance and see how it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5777010)
So, I guess, the practical answer is one wouldn't.

The transport corporation concerned will fight the court judgement of course, and the government will pay when it becomes inevitable.

New fear unlocked, not sure about fatalities. As the video is in Hindi, I couldn't understand much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22hzcHid8I

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altrozed (Post 5775383)
.. chilling video..
..Such high end cars have almost all aids for a safe reversal and yet this happened. Good thing known so far is the victim is alive and safe.

The vehicle literally road-rolled the person twice over, just horrific.

The high ground clearance saved the victim from being crushed. Also he missed the wheels by sheer luck. The lower hanging suspension components and the differential would have injured him for sure.

That 1st gen Fortuner may be high end in terms of pricing/perception but spartan in terms of features.