Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 10:24   #406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Yikes!!! Looks like the Xing took a hit from a truck/bus..that too at decent speed.
Nitin, the Santro in kpzen's post is not a Zing. Its the previous model, the Zip Plus, or something like that.
Old 24th August 2007, 10:49   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
the rear banged santro might be declared as a total loss???
No it wont be a total loss. Its in running condition only the rear is gone completely.
Old 24th August 2007, 20:11   #408
BHPian

dont know if its a good thing or no..plus kinda a late reply but:
the guys in the picture are juniors in my college and i know the guy pretty well. According to him someone cut in front of him and he braked to avoid hitting him and then he lost control of the car; spun around and hit the back end into the divider, but im also guessing speed was a major factor involved. I've seen him drive on the DND before in his skoda and he drives like a maniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Saw this on the DND today morning at 9:00 am. VIP boys .. VIP car with a VIP regn: no ..

A friend of their's turns up in his Baleno (seen here cutting across) .. another spoilt kid .. accident seems to have happened less than 10 mins ago . ..

I have no idea how this happened .. didn't see any other car around .. how did they get hit on the rear and then climb the divider .. !!

Old 24th August 2007, 21:57   #409
Team-BHP Support

Is it that cold in Delhi that you have to wear jackets?
Old 24th August 2007, 23:03   #410
Senior - BHPian

Thats an old pic i guess.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:55   #411
Team-BHP Support

Major accident on airport road, exactly where I experienced an incident. Involving a Zen (modified), an X Trail and an Indicar Taxi. Looks as if Zen when too fast and rolled and bounced al over the place and caused the indicar and the Xtrail to lose control and hit pavements and dividers.

Saw a few of the bling fraternity parked around (white accord v6 and some others).
Old 27th August 2007, 01:46   #412
BHPian

Strange thing happened to me last night. On my way back from Fame Adlabs, around 1:30 at night, was returning home driving down through Link road. The whole road was empty. Not a single car or person anywhere on the road. Was driving at a steady 70-80 kmph. Suddenly, heard a loud bang on the left side of the car. The kind of sound you hear when a stone flies off another car's tyre and hits your car. Stopped the car, got out and checked. There was a huge dent above the front left tyre. The side indicator was broken too. Went back to the spot where it happened. Guess what? The road was spanking clean. No stone, no peices of plastic (indicator) no sign of anything. Searched the place for 10 minutes. Nothing. Was very very strange. The hit was so bad that my front left door is completely jammed.
Old 27th August 2007, 06:03   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The ikon was horrific, I think it was cut into two to get at the bodies - the cut is too clean for an accident
This accident happened in Hyderabad a week ago near Hitec city at 3am in the morning....apparantly the Baleno was on the other side of the road doing a speed of 140+ and the driver couldn't ascertain the slight curve on the road and hit an Indigo from behind....the Indigo flew and fell on the corner of the road, while the Baleno hit the divider, took a flight and fell on the other side of the divider, toppled.....the only good thing was nothing happened to driver/passengers on either of the cars....!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2020 at 15:43. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 27th August 2007, 11:21   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

racingmadness, looks like your trying to share your desktop files with us . Can you post the internet link again of the pics?
Old 27th August 2007, 13:33   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Strange thing happened to me last night. On my way back.... .... left door is completely jammed.
seems like your car was hit by a dog - a running dog who tried crossing the road but didn't see your car. It has happened with me too - was pretty much scared till i figured out what exactly had hit me.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:07   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Is it that cold in Delhi that you have to wear jackets?
winters..yep...lets not even go into summers..
Old 28th August 2007, 09:04   #417
BHPian

Saw this Qualis a few days back.

Old 29th August 2007, 09:38   #418
SRK
Senior - BHPian

That qualis looks as if was rolled many times.

But the body still looks intact.
Old 3rd September 2007, 10:53   #419

Swift Accident on Outer Ring Road

Look at this accident i came across yesterday in bangalore. I came out of Big Bazaar on outer ring road near BEL Factory and was heading towards Hebbal when i came across this Maruthi Swift. You can all see how its owner had very neatly parked it on the ring road pavement covering the storm drain.

Zipping on the road whether its small alleys or Ring road may be fun but dangerous both to the driver, its passengers and other commuters.
Hope people driver more responsibly

@#2#
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:03   #420
BHPian

saw this car in front of Big Bazaar in Hebbal Ring Road

Most Viewed