Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 14:10   #4201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I just could not hold my tears reading this...i really cant imagine the scene in hospital. hope his wife/family gathers the strength to fight this phase!
Same here. I was taken back to the time when I traveled a distance of 15 KMs on a bike when my daughter was born. God! Anything can happen and for no apparent fault of the victim.

Looking at the way the marriage was arranged I AM SURE the parents are pretty open minded and the baby will only receive more love.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:51   #4202
Distinguished - BHPian

School vehicle (Qualis) collided with the rear end of a Tavera taxi right in front of my house in the morning. The Qualis was jumping a red light. No one injured.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-abcd0007k120.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-abcd0006k120.jpg  

Old 15th December 2009, 15:15   #4203
Senior - BHPian

There was a serious accident involving a school van in TN, in which 9 children and a teacher died. The traffic police started enforcing certain mandatory measures after this, and as a result, the idiots of the school van/auto owners guild (!) went on a strike for three days.

9 kids, teacher die as van lunges into temple tank in TN - Chennai - City - The Times of India

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/5316707.cms
Old 15th December 2009, 15:18   #4204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilanjar View Post
... So if accidents cannot be prevented abroad, its inevitable in India. I can just go on and on ..write ups are never ending which is justified by this thread which is never ending.
Point is... They are prevented abroad.

Not entirely, of course, but India leads the world in road-deaths-per-head-of-population. Imagine how many non-fatal accidents there must be compared to the rest of the world.

Some people still call India a third world country; some call it a developing nation --- but whatever we call it, it is still way ahead of many other places in the world, in terms of infrastructure, education, and so on... so why, why, why this utter madness on our roads?

Hey ho... more appropriate to the threads discussing safety in India and why it isn't, I suppose...
Old 15th December 2009, 21:59   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This month old SX4 belongs to someone in our colony street, just earlier today it hit a cow and the result is in front of you to see.
The cow was (un)fortunately killed.
For all you might know..it must be the "Someone" in your colony who rammed into the cow for no fault of it's. I suppose the cow deserves an apology either ways!
Old 15th December 2009, 22:00   #4206
BHPian

Today I saw the below scenen in Gachibowli, Hyderabad. The bike went in to the wheels of a truck and blasted. Don't know about the casuality. But a tragic incident. Seems like the bike guy was in wrong direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0025.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0028.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0030.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0032.jpg  

Old 15th December 2009, 23:40   #4207
BHPian

Dude I understand you are too attached to your car but dont you think the red decals and the red interiors are a little too loud! No offence

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th December 2009 at 23:14. Reason: No need to paste an entire quote for one line reply.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:26   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Today I saw the below scenen in Gachibowli, Hyderabad. The bike went in to the wheels of a truck and blasted. Don't know about the casuality. But a tragic incident. Seems like the bike guy was in wrong direction.
I do not know the full details but he is an employee of Deloitte. Seems he got some serious injuries, but not life threatening. Will update once I got full details.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:05   #4209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
I do not know the full details but he is an employee of Deloitte. Seems he got some serious injuries, but not life threatening. Will update once I got full details.
Baap re thats quite a horrific scene. Hope he jumped out before the bike got trapped. Even the road beneath has melted in that inferno.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:30   #4210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
people who're breaking the law must be fined a huge amount. When I say a huge amount, I mean HUGE! And if they can't cough it up, they should be produced before a Judge and sent to prison for a day or more! That will solve the problem.
I don't think this will solve the problem. Eg. Drinking and driving is a crime and still people do it.

Education can solve the problem, in India we need to introduce a system where in every two year there is a health checkup of a person who is driving the car and re-exam for those who have been cough in between for breaking the law in those two year's.

I remember I have not given any driving exam for my DL. I went there with some motor training guy who was knowing that officer well, we were waiting for the test since morning and at around 6 in the evening he told us no need for exam we all will get DL in one week.
Old 16th December 2009, 18:06   #4211
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team BHP Support
This thread is about Accidents in India - Pics.
Share pictures, information, new clippings etc.

Please use other relevant threads for discussions on road safety.

OT stuff will be deleted.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Last edited by bblost : 16th December 2009 at 18:07.
Old 16th December 2009, 18:07   #4212
Senior - BHPian

Another one on SH11

Hi,

This is an almost arrow straight (for most parts) 24 kms stretch recently developed into at least 3 truck wide undivided road. The good government in its wisdom did not include the widening of the about 12 'just enough width for 2 buses to scrape through' culverts and bridges.

But still most of the accidents tend to happen in the straight stretches.

Another one yesterday: No details known as this was not reported in today's newspapers.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_605.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_606.jpg

Just beyond the KeSRTC bus (and the auto) is one such culvert!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_607.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_608.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_609.jpg

From hearsay, the Alto is now facing the opposite direction.
Old 16th December 2009, 23:18   #4213
BHPian

Another monster goes down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Got these in an email forward.

Accident at MahaMaya Flyover Near NoidaSec-16A-- pics taken at 8 AM , 10th Dec 09
I also saw this accident. It was so shocking that I could not click the photograph.

Some thing wrong with Noida these days, I saw this today morning at Sec 37 crossing. Thank God no Vehicle underneath this monster. This monster was loaded with Cement.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0101.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0102.jpg  

Old 17th December 2009, 09:01   #4214
Senior - BHPian

Well I'm not surprised. Most of these things are filled to the brim and often not road worthy. Thank God there were no casualties. Have you seen trucks loaded or overloaded with hay ? Like a truck which needs an immediate hair cut ? Those are even more dangerous.
Old 17th December 2009, 09:58   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Hay laden trucks will be dangerous only when the load becomes wet, otherwise the weight may be less than the truck's capacity. It may affect the aerodynamics though, and which truck driver is going to bother about that? Even otherwise trucks are as aerodynamic as your front door, anyway!

But the most dangerous are the huge water tankers filled to the brim, with water gushing out of the vents every time the truck turns or brakes. With the liquid sloshing about inside the tank, the probability of overturning is very high. I am always afraid to overtake them on city roads, and get goosebumps when one pulls up near me at signals.

Most Viewed