Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:32   #4396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
..It is not yet clear how many have been killed or injured. One Paper is reporting seven, another four.
Saw two articles that both say that the motorcyclist and two others (in the Zen) were killed. Seven injured - two Zen passengers and all five people in the Swift.

According to Deccan Herald, the police say neither driver was under the influence of alcohol. 1.15 am, New Year's Day, college students racing - so find that a little difficult to believe.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:49   #4397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Oh yes that white Swift looks very familiar. And so does the Zen. I've seen both the cars prowling the streets quite often. The thing is, I have an eye for cars with even regular after-market bits slapped on them. And that's how I recognize these cars. My father had a lot to say about this accident in the morning. He kept talking to me about how irresponsible it is to race. And I have always agreed with him, so I wonder why he feels that I indulge myself in such 'racing'!
Cool down man! It is not that he feels you are indulging in similar races but his genuine concern for your safety. Talking about it in front of you is his way of expressing as to how dear you are to him and just the thought of you being hurt(god forbid) is painful to him.

Take a moment to put your arm around his shoulders and assure him, it will mean the world to your father.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:52   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
According to Deccan Herald, the police say neither driver was under the influence of alcohol. 1.15 am, New Year's Day, college students racing - so find that a little difficult to believe.
One article also mentioned that one of the deceased father is an Traffic Inspector for the BIAL area. Expect actual facts to be hushed up and no much details will come out either.

Feel sad for the biker cop and the pedestrian, wrong place wrong time. RIP.

Last edited by siddvi : 2nd January 2010 at 12:55.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:56   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Sad for the Cop....RIP.

May the morons rest in pieces too!!!
Old 2nd January 2010, 15:13   #4400
BHPian

There was a dull blue rammed Scorpio in my building this morning. The MH06 car had bashed up some car real bad on the back. It looked like it hit the fella on a good speed that the whole front of the scorpio was reduced to less than half!

Here is an advt that we hope such people will learn from.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic09021.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2010, 15:17   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
There was a dull blue rammed Scorpio in my building this morning. The MH06 car had bashed up some car real bad on the back. It looked like it hit the fella on a good speed that the whole front of the scorpio was reduced to less than half!
interesting, I've not yet seen any mention of accidents in the papers. ofcourse the whole of 1-Jan looked like a fuzzy blur to me.

And a nice advt. Too bad a lot of drivers still dont listen to good reason.

Last edited by gomzi : 2nd January 2010 at 15:19.
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:12   #4402
BHPian

man the front wheel of the motorcycle is inside the zen
the above bmw advt is so true
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:41   #4403
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Cool down man! It is not that he feels you are indulging in similar races but his genuine concern for your safety. Talking about it in front of you is his way of expressing as to how dear you are to him and just the thought of you being hurt(god forbid) is painful to him.

Take a moment to put your arm around his shoulders and assure him, it will mean the world to your father.

Yeah I know he's just concerned. He knows that I'm careful. But he keeps saying that there are other road users who are not! And annoyingly, he's right! Anyway, I sincerely hope the cops step up and take strick action against sozzled drivers!
Old 4th January 2010, 13:34   #4404
BHPian

Just passed by a white SX4 in a bylane in Masjid Moth (Delhi) that had its front end stuck in a massive pothole. The front bumper was hanging on to the car by the smallest link and a flood of coolant had enveloped the dusty tarmac. The suited guy was involved in a verbal slugfest with someone else, presumably the owner of a vehicle that hit it. There was no other visible damage.

Unfortunately, there was a huge queue honking incessantly right behind me so I never got a chance to pull out my cell phone for a quick snap.

Last edited by khan75 : 4th January 2010 at 13:35.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:17   #4405
Senior - BHPian

While returning from Hogenakkal on last Saturday (02-Dec-2010) evening I saw very ghastly mishap just before Hosur on NH 7. Two person were crossing road on bike and there were hit by one purple color bus. It just happened five - ten minutes back and there were many people standing and there was no movement in both the bodies and both of them lying in pool of blood. It was heart rendering scene.

My wife was in passenger seat my car and after seeing this she was not feeling well.

While going to Hogenakkal in morning I saw one black colour Logan hit divider on NH 7. There was not much damage.

In both cases I did not take photographs.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:49   #4406
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this is just in..

I heard from a reliable source that a very very bad accident just took place at the 'Hanging-Bridge' on the way to KR Puram, Bangalore. Apparently, a car "fell off the bridge and landed on an auto rickshaw"! (This of course is 2nd hand information obtained after crossing the site)

My source was too horrified to take pictures! It happened 5 minutes before she reached the spot.

I'm not entirely sure about this. But she saw "A guy carrying a child who's legs are broken and another man with a lot of blood on him."
Old 6th January 2010, 00:03   #4407
BHPian

Oh man the swift and zen accident seems to be very bad and look at the alloy wheels of the bike it has been bent badly which say they much have it him at least 80 KM/PH speed.
Old 6th January 2010, 01:35   #4408
BHPian

These photos were shot from a friend of mine, sorry for the bad quality. Fresh snaps just after the incident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cc.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dc.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sd.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ss.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ww.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 01:38   #4409
agm
BHPian

Jesus christ,what kind of accident is that

Any idea which car is that and how this horrible accident took place?any survival's?

Edit - One of the car is Swift it seems

Last edited by agm : 6th January 2010 at 01:39.
Old 6th January 2010, 01:44   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Jesus christ,what kind of accident is that

Any idea which car is that and how this horrible accident took place?any survival's?

Edit - One of the car is Swift it seems
A Zen and a Swift, if i am not wrong. A bike was also involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks