Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2004, 20:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys

This is a fresh accident which I witnessed yesterday afternoon. It happened at Cadell Road Shivaji park where an Esteem rammed into a turning Skoda Octavia. As I always keep my cam handy I took pictures on the spot minutes after the accident... In the pictures you will see what the Skoda and Esteem are made of... So here are the pictures

Esteem first

A close up view of the Esteem

Another look at the Esteem

Now heres the picture of the Skoda ... Thats what I call build quality

Only the left front fender of the Skoda was damaged not a scratch on the bonnet...and the impact of that on the Esteem ... Well you saw it

Cheers
Old 7th June 2004, 22:23   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Germans rock! That Skoda looks like it had a yawning moment that said "Oh dear....here goes another one!"

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2004, 18:25   #33
BHPian

skoda "ABRAMS" octavia
Old 8th June 2004, 18:48   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 07 2004,20:53)]Germans rock! That Skoda looks like it had a yawning moment that said "Oh dear....here goes another one!"

GTO
LOL GTO....thats funny! But seriously....the difference in the damage is quite astounding!

P.s. look at the oldies sititng in the backseat! Seems like they still think they're stuck in a jam!

Rtech
Old 10th June 2004, 03:05   #35
BHPian

now this is what happens when kids sit on the sterring n when money speaks........
Old 10th June 2004, 03:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey S350

Physics from Merc guys... naa... though wud have loved if they taught me at school...lol.

But seriously its common sense. A vehicle at that kinda speed not only becomes a moving missile but a moving target as well. The vulnerability level increases. Too bad u wont be makin it for the panchgani trip pal... will show the members what happens when u go faster and how reaction times change and how vehicles behave. Honestly, one should go fast only if he/she really feels confident of being able to handle those speeds. Trying to prove a point to another motorist or that hot chic in your car is just putting your IQ below 100 and make a scream and dance about it. Its very easy to let the adrenalin do the talking, and thats when things go wrong.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2004, 15:48   #37
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey good pics Dippy. Thats why Skoda says their cars are built like tanks. Tanks with airbags.
Old 18th July 2006, 15:33   #38
BHPian

Hey people, this is a really bad accident i saw at 4:00 am @ Goregaon(W)..i was returnin home frm work whn i saw this...This was once a gleamin Honda City...Atleast one of the occupants died in the accident. Apparently,the driver ran over a few people prior to this accident,and he was so frightened tht he was in a tearing hurry to get home...This is hw it ended...(plz excuse the quality of the pics, I used my cell...this was @sunrise...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/34375.jpg

Last edited by omar : 18th July 2006 at 15:41.
Old 18th July 2006, 15:56   #39
BHPian

ikon's crash was the worst,,,cnt even imagine,,
Old 18th July 2006, 16:02   #40
BHPian

Hey People, this accident took place at Goregaon S.V Rd at around 2a.m., i saw it while returnin home...This was once a gleaming Honda City...Apparently, the driver ran over a few people just before meeting with this accident and was in a tearing hurry to get home..This is hw it ended...Atleast one person died...So all those speedsters out thr, i firmly beleive tht "Speed Thrills but kills"....(i took these pictures with my cell @ sunrise, kidly excuse the quality...)

Last edited by omar : 18th July 2006 at 16:13.
omar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2006, 16:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God !!!

Badly ripped from 3 sides - front, left and top
Is this an accident, or has the car been run over by a bull dozer...

How did it happen?
Old 24th August 2006, 22:09   #42
BHPian

Sad images of reckless driving. And as post suggesting here, alcohol, young idiots driving and lots of fathers money, on father-in-laws roads. Results .. straight ticket to hell /heaven.
Old 24th August 2006, 23:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Was that Ikon in the horrific crash having Delhi reg no( DL -----)...????

I think there's a similar pic of Honda Accord split into two...
Old 25th August 2006, 00:03   #44
BHPian

anyone knows how the ikon crash happened?
Old 13th September 2006, 23:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thats what I call build quality
Well, maybe. But, even if it was a Premier Padmini or an Amby, the damage to these age old cars would not have been anymore than to the skoda.

Secondly, even though the esteem is all messed up, the esteem owner will spend much less time and much less money getting it back to shape. The scoda owner on the other hand will be reduced to doing this

BTW, since almost nothing happened to the scoda, does it mean that the occupants took all the impact, while the esteem guys are sitting inside the car, wondering if anything happened at all?.

Most Viewed