Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 01:24   #4606
Senior - BHPian

@hotkar I trust you mother has recovered from the shock and that the red beauty is back in shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
I'm surprised the White city is not damaged, where the OHC has taken a major beating.
Look again at the NHC's bonnet it has been lifted from the right hand side.

This is as per design, I hit an old zen from behind with my OHC and on the face it looked like there was no damage till I looked at the bonnet it took the entire force and folded right along the middle.

Also the OHC bumper has crumpled per the force absorbing design. The OHC I mentioned above was hit from behind and the bumper looked somewhat similar and the boot would not close. In both cases I would have been travelling at about 50-55 Kmph and in both instances the impact felt inside the vehicle was minimal, the car is designed that way.

Last edited by khoj : 3rd February 2010 at 01:26.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:35   #4607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
from the front looks like the Swift took one helluva beating! any serious injuries or fatalities? cabin looks safe though.
It's a DZire, and the occupants appear to have walked away without major injuries. This was near a police check post.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:27   #4608
Senior - BHPian

hellletloose: Which car is that? Looks like a Palio but is it? You're very lucky having survived that crash.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:32   #4609
BHPian

clevermax, it is chevrolet optra srv
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:34   #4610
Senior - BHPian

^ His profile says 'Chevrolet SRV'.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:57   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellletloose View Post
I took on a truck this at midnight of, december 2010, at kharar,the accident was "destined" to happen, the truck lost the front axle in exchange & I had a dislocated hip & a k-wire wrist fracture.i lost conciousness & had no memories of the accident at all.The truck driver ran away{assuming me to be dead}& ude to the fact that, all truck drivers in punjab are drunk after 10pm . The punjab police guys took me to the nearest hospital.The FIR goes against the truck driver. & as "every cloud has a silver lining" ,i'll soon have my new scorpio,now.I felt like the "Terminator" as the Doctor removed my K-wires with a plass & now I walk like arnold too.
God has blessed you this time because He has chosen you to be His messenger for teaching everyone around you the importance of keeping themselves safe in un-expected situations. Please spead the message.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:55   #4612
BHPian

Good to see you are OK
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:29   #4613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Guys, The driver has To pay for any damages done by him during the TD.What ever the sales guy might say but in the end you have to pay. Just 1 month back my friend was doing a TD of Ritz from Bimal, everything went on well but when he was taking a right turn there was a big stone used for/as divider and he hit that.The whole bumper,the guard behind the bumper got twisted and the cost was as high as 60k.The insurance guys paid 45k and my friend paid 15k from his pocket. Even here the sales guy told him to drive as he likes.So be careful while doing a TD.

Not sure if thats the case every where, One of my friend who TDed a Hondqa civic from a dealer in Gurgaon. He banged from Behind in to a Santro as Santro braked really hard to save a Dog. Now both had good damage & Civic had a bent bumper, bonnet & a leak in radiator.
No claims from my friend. We were not even stopped , all taken care by dealer.

I belive as all Test drive cars have Registration same way they have insurance & as they are dealer cars should not be a problem for them.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:49   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
I took on a truck this at midnight of, december 2010, at kharar,the accident was "destined" to happen, the truck lost the front axle in exchange & I had a dislocated hip & a k-wire wrist fracture.i lost conciousness & had no memories of the accident at all.The truck driver ran away{assuming me to be dead}& ude to the fact that, all truck drivers in punjab are drunk after 10pm . The punjab police guys took me to the nearest hospital.The FIR goes against the truck driver. & as "every cloud has a silver lining" ,i'll soon have my new scorpio,now.I felt like the "Terminator" as the Doctor removed my K-wires with a plass & now I walk like arnold too.
You are very lucky to have survived that crash bro.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:01   #4615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man you are very lucky and god saved you. By seeing the car I thought the driver is dead.But thank god.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:44   #4616
Senior - BHPian

hellletloose, good to see that you are fine. Looked like a really nasty crash. Spend some moments at your place of worship.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:53   #4617
Senior - BHPian

hellletloose - that's a nasty crash, happy to hear that you are fine.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:00   #4618
BHPian

Oouch ! That was one bad crash bro !

It's nice to hear that you are safe.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Otomobil
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:10   #4619
BHPian

hellletloose: You survived a bad crash mate; hope you have fully recovered by now and raring to go SLOW in you new mean machine.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:15   #4620
Senior - BHPian

Hellletloose: Your handle is what happened to your car man! Glad to know you pulled out well. Be careful brah!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks