Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 00:43   #4771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Sorry, it wasn't meant to scorn you.
I was surprised to read "the lesson about ABS" you learned from the accident and you overlooked the "driver" part.

That's all.

-- Torqy
That's okay.
See, I wasn't driving. I have by the grace of God never crashed a car. I love driving and I love doing it the right way. Your point is absolutely correct as far as driving on your is concerned.

We were in a taxi and you can't always make sure your driver's concentration is on the road. It is under those circumstances where I would prefer having a decent safety kit level.

Of course, no amount of air bags etc. compensates for the basic skill of attentive and careful driving.

Cheers!
Old 12th February 2010, 02:23   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
in another accident in delhi between a BMW and an i10, i10 was ripped open
The accident you are quoting took place in Gurgaon about month-and-a-half ago between an Audi test vehicle and an i10 where Audi was allegedly doing 135 kmph on roads within city limits at the time of accident.
Old 12th February 2010, 11:54   #4773
Senior - BHPian

Probably, I would have featured on this page today due to a momentary lapse of attention (was looking at a PYT); when I was supposed to hit head on to a bus who just entered the wrong lane!
Old 12th February 2010, 16:26   #4774
Senior - BHPian

So, you were supposed to hit the bus but looking at the chic saved you!

You need to gather your thoughts and concentrate both on your typing & your driving.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:39   #4775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

So, you were supposed to hit the bus but looking at the chic saved you!

You need to gather your thoughts and concentrate both on your typing & your driving.

Sorry for not being clear. I was trying to say that the Bus entered the wrong lane and hence, I could have hit it due to the lapse of attention. I thank my stars that I am typing this and rather than being beaten to death
Old 13th February 2010, 10:55   #4776
BHPian

Saw this burning inferno near National Games Village, Koramangala. I believe the car was a Ford Ikon. The occupants are safe and had gotten out in time. They were trying to stop the fire through water and a borrowed fire extinguisher.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image003.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 11:05   #4777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Saw this burning inferno near National Games Village, Koramangala. I believe the car was a Ford Ikon. The occupants are safe and had gotten out in time. They were trying to stop the fire through water and a borrowed fire extinguisher.
holy cow!! how did that happen??

E: btw, i'm not too sure that a Ford Ikon. in the 3rd and the 4th pictures you get to see the grill of the car. looks more like a Palio or Esteem (or maybe even NHC).

Last edited by IronH4WK : 13th February 2010 at 11:08.
Old 13th February 2010, 13:26   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
E: btw, i'm not too sure that a Ford Ikon. in the 3rd and the 4th pictures you get to see the grill of the car. looks more like a Palio or Esteem (or maybe even NHC).
That's a Ikon for sure! Just brighten your screen and look at the 3rd pic.It clearly shows the Ikon's front bumper!
Old 13th February 2010, 15:36   #4779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
That's a Ikon for sure! Just brighten your screen and look at the 3rd pic.It clearly shows the Ikon's front bumper!
yeah, didn't notice the fog lamps underneath. my laptop was running on battery and low screen brightness
Old 14th February 2010, 12:05   #4780
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang language posts are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2010 at 12:42.
hotkar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2010, 13:08   #4781
BANNED

Witnessed this accident between Karwar - Hubli highway near a place called SUNKAL. It was happened on 12th Feb around 12 in the afternoon, i heard a loud noise ahead of me. It was a horrific scene.

3 is believed to be dead on the spot as no one was attempted to take out the bodies including a dump local police person. After i made some noises he allowed me to check . I checked the pulse of the mother and a small kid and there was no sign of life. I was not able to find or check the father who was driving as the metal plates were jammed on to him.

Behind this car (lancer) one more car were accompanying them (Ambassador) in which the grand dad (i believe) and the second son of the victims were travelling. I called up the ambulance they were saying it has to come from Hubli.

The sad thing was no one was willing to help including the Police person.

The mom and kid were sitting at front without wearing the seat belt. and i strongly believes a seat belt could have saved the lady as her head slammed in to the dash board.

I'm only attaching two pictures as other shots are so disturbing as the victims were still on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc05416-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc05417-medium.jpg  

Last edited by wildon : 14th February 2010 at 13:10.
Old 14th February 2010, 13:16   #4782
Senior - BHPian

That is too horrible.I agree,seat belts could have saved the co-passenger.
But the driver didn't have any luck as evident from the twisted metal heap the ill-fated Lancer is now.
RIP
Old 14th February 2010, 13:26   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Witnessed this accident between Karwar - Hubli highway near a place called SUNKAL. It was happened on 12th Feb around 12 in the afternoon, i heard a loud noise ahead of me.......
This is sad. Any idea how it happened? Seems like there is a curve in the road at the point where the crash took place.
Old 14th February 2010, 13:32   #4784
BANNED

It seems like the lorry came to the extreme right on that curve and the car driver didn't got any chance to brake. One more thing i noticed the kid was in a sleeping position with half the body on the mothers lap.
Old 14th February 2010, 14:09   #4785
BHPian

We cannot blame the passengers for not wearing the seatbelts or not putting the kid on the booster seat, It is up to the government to make seatbelts and helmet rule compulsary in every single place in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks