Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 14:05   #5206
Senior - BHPian

Horrible accidents guys

Please drive safe ... Follow rules .... Let people go ahead of you.

Just remember one thing "SOMEBODY IS WAITING FOR YOU AT HOME"
Old 27th March 2010, 21:07   #5207
BHPian

I was driving my i10 from Madurai and just got out of the NICE road at Bangalore - Tumkur side and traveling in the service road. Two small vehicles go together and i was traveling near the barricades. Construction work is going on in the middle of the road and on either side incoming and outgoing vehicles run. A JCB took a U-turn inside its workplace - NO problem for us. But the side of the JCB scratched the barricade - big iron rods with a height of about 10 feet and width of 9 inches. The barricade fell on the road where we were travelling. I noticed the same in a split second and applied brakes. The rod fell just inches before my vehicle and my front tyre ran over the iron road before the vehicle came to a standstill. God Saved me and my vehicle. No vehicle from behind - otherwise they would have rammed into my car. The JCB driver did not get up from his seat. Some helper came for pulling out the iron rod.

I request all of you not to travel in that lane henceforth - take the extreme left for travelling.

Happy motoring! Drive Safe !
Old 28th March 2010, 01:28   #5208
Senior - BHPian

Saw a truck carrying marble overturned near the Toyota showroom on the bypass road in trivandrum.

Pramod
Old 28th March 2010, 11:41   #5209
BHPian

This happened quite some time back on the ORR between Gorgunte Palya and Sumanahalli, the TT guy was coming from Gorgunte Palya towards Sumanahalli on the ORR and had to take a left and right to join the service road ( as the flyover was not complete at that time ) to reach Sumanahalli signal. Since he was sleepy and probably was going fast he failed to take a right after taking left and headed straight to the drain. Heard the driver escaped with minor scratches.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tt.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 15:50   #5210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Today, when i was on the way to office, I saw an accident where a person was lying in the road(Mostly dead ,since he was covered).The accident took place in OMR after few meters of the jain college signal (towards Tidel).I think it happened just 5 -10 min, because the ambulance was there( a toll very near just 300 meter away have a ambulance).
Does anybody have any more info on this?
Didn't take pics since i was driving and only one lane was left for the traffic.
Here is the Update.
The dead person who was lying on the road was a lady.Husband and wife travelling in a two wheeler was hit behind by a lorry and the wife came under the wheels of the lorry(head crushed and spot out).Husband seems to be in critical condition.
Old 30th March 2010, 01:38   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Here is the Update.
The dead person who was lying on the road was a lady.Husband and wife travelling in a two wheeler was hit behind by a lorry and the wife came under the wheels of the lorry(head crushed and spot out).Husband seems to be in critical condition.
Eeks, that horrid. Might have not worn the helmet RIP!
Old 30th March 2010, 17:44   #5212
BHPian

Bad crash on Airport Road bangalore.

Noticed a mahindra bolero (transport vehicle) in a bad shape near Kodigehalli on New airport road on my way to work this morning. I think it had crashed into the side steel railings which is installed to bifurcate the service road and NH7, the driver cabin was completely crushed. Could not stop to take pics. I hope the driver is safe.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:25   #5213
BHPian

118ne

Our 118NE was totally damaged in this freak accident 15 years back. The car was comfortably doing around 90-100 kmph on a deserted highway, when suddenly reached an almost U-curved turn, braked hard, tyres locked, steering control lost and the car went on to bang head on into a ditch some 15 feet below, toppled 3-4 times and landed belly up in this pond.

Fortunately, there was a bus-stop very near to this curve, and villagers helped us getting out of the car. By God's Grace, all were safe with only minor bruises and cuts. Driver & the front passenger had suffered some chest injuries as well.

I wish we had ABS, Airbags & Seat Belts mandatory in our cars than.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-118ne-02051995.jpg  

Last edited by ScorpMan : 1st April 2010 at 14:26.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:45   #5214
Senior - BHPian

The NE seems to have taken the hit pretty well for the speeds you were mentioning. Not much structural damage there keeping in mind your description.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:46   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Our 118NE was totally damaged in this freak accident 15 years back. The car was comfortably doing around 90-100 kmph on a deserted highway, when suddenly reached an almost U-curved turn, braked hard, tyres locked, steering control lost and the car went on to bang head on into a ditch some 15 feet below, toppled 3-4 times and landed belly up in this pond.

Fortunately, there was a bus-stop very near to this curve, and villagers helped us getting out of the car. By God's Grace, all were safe with only minor bruises and cuts. Driver & the front passenger had suffered some chest injuries as well.

I wish we had ABS, Airbags & Seat Belts mandatory in our cars than.

ABS definitly wouldnt have saved you in such circumstances.

Activated airbags and seatbelts would have made it cumbersome for the villagers to save you.

So be happy with as it is.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:57   #5216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
This happened quite some time back on the ORR between Gorgunte Palya and Sumanahalli, the TT guy was coming from Gorgunte Palya towards Sumanahalli on the ORR and had to take a left and right to join the service road ( as the flyover was not complete at that time ) to reach Sumanahalli signal. Since he was sleepy and probably was going fast he failed to take a right after taking left and headed straight to the drain. Heard the driver escaped with minor scratches.
I am wondering how did that vehicle land upside down
Old 1st April 2010, 15:06   #5217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
ABS definitly wouldnt have saved you in such circumstances.

Activated airbags and seatbelts would have made it cumbersome for the villagers to save you.

So be happy with as it is.
Why Not? Maximum Braking Power with effective Steering Control, that is what an ABS system is meant for.

If My NE would have been equipped with ABS, the tyres wouldn't have locked up and we might have ended on the road only(after maneuvering through the almost U turn), instead of the pond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The NE seems to have taken the hit pretty well for the speeds you were mentioning. Not much structural damage there keeping in mind your description.
Thats Very True. Any and everybody who had a look at the car, praised its structural integrity. We dreaded what if we had been travelling in our good old M800 instead of the NE.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd April 2010 at 17:01. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 1st April 2010, 16:19   #5218
BHPian

Saw a freak accident today at banashankari. Saw a truck reversed into a a big house after breaking down the compound walls. The rear end of the truck was 1/4th into one of the rooms of the house. This was a small 3 road traffic junction close to kempe gowda medical college. The cause is not exactly known as to whether the mishap happened while the truck was reversing when he lost control and rammed into the home or came backwards due to break fail or something but that doesnt seem to be a possiblity since the road was not slopy. No injuries to anyone though, and couldnt take any photos since I had missed to carry my mobile.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:58   #5219
BHPian

Policeman Enroute to Brother’s Wedding Meets Death !

A ghastly road accident on Mangalore – Thiruvantapuram National Highway 17 at Mogral near Kumble here on Wednesday March 31 midnight snatched the life of a young policeman, who was traveling to attend his brother’s wedding scheduled to be held on Thursday April 1. The accident has left his wife, child and cousin injured.

He was driving the Maruti Alto car, which he had borrowed from his friend in order to attend the function. The family along with Sandeep’s pregnant sister Deepthi, who is a teacher in a school at Mangalore, were traveling in the car when it collided with a speeding tanker at Mogral.

Source: D A I J I W O R L D
Old 1st April 2010, 17:20   #5220
BHPian

This is certainly a M800 and not an Alto as mentioned.

Most Viewed