Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 14:08   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
@ csentil,

Brother, no matter how many airbags you have, if u aint wearing seatbealts the airbags might end up killing ya instead of saving you.
Thanks mate.. But I do know that one. That's why airbags are SRS !!

Also, some people have more tolerance to alcohol and its effects whereas others would get flat with a couple of pegs.

If you have had drinks, do not drive. Even if it was not your mistake, you will be the one penalized. I'm sure the more advanced countries in road rules have deviced prescribed limits for drinking after a lot of research. You can't argue that you are more tolerant towards alcohol and that you are in your senses !!!

There are too many uncertainities on our roads, why add to it?

P.S. I'm not commenting on the accident victims btw.

Last edited by csentil : 25th February 2008 at 14:10.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:41   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Last but not the least I do drive when I am drunk but I have enough control over myself to ensure that the vehicle at any time does not go over 50 - 60 kmph. I stick to the extreme left lane and am extra careful. I dont let my drinks get to me to such a level where they cloud my judgement.
That's what everybody thinks. You can never make these statements confidently, because when you're drunk, you're NOT in THE BEST state to JUDGE ANYTHING.

-- Torqy
Old 25th February 2008, 19:48   #603
BHPian

Now some Tata Safaris. These are here in Hyderabad. The white color one is a 2.2L VX model (Not even Registered) :(

Old 25th February 2008, 20:02   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Now some Tata Safaris. These are here in Hyderabad. The white color one is a 2.2L VX model (Not even Registered) :(
Looks like he registered himself onto a wall.

-- Torqy
Old 25th February 2008, 21:16   #605
Senior - BHPian

OOps That has to be a bad one.. Man.. Totalled Safari..
Old 26th February 2008, 01:55   #606
Senior - BHPian

i just finished going through all the pages in this thread they are depressing and shocking, and just makes me wonder we people get vehicles that are capable of top speeds up to 160, and what if the american spec vehicles were given as every day cars here? no now i dont want to imagine any think

i am simply !
Old 26th February 2008, 22:46   #607
BHPian

hey guys, just saw a white palio burnt to a cisp on juhu tara rd. just after u cross the beach going towards bandra. on the left side of the road. Its badly damaged, couldn't take pics as i passed pretty fast. Was following a top down SL AMG ....anyone have any idea wht went wrong???
Old 27th February 2008, 00:26   #608
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
hey guys, just saw a white palio burnt to a cisp on juhu tara rd. just after u cross the beach going towards bandra. on the left side of the road. Its badly damaged, couldn't take pics as i passed pretty fast. Was following a top down SL AMG ....anyone have any idea wht went wrong???
it was a victim during the arrest of raj thackrey day
Old 27th February 2008, 08:47   #609
BHPian

man its sad to see such a good car in such a sad state....
Old 27th February 2008, 17:05   #610
Senior - BHPian

I think both are totalled, first one engine is gone the other rear is gone + complete body seems shaken up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post

Old 28th February 2008, 09:48   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
The arrogance of youth and the misguided love of rich parents. Perfect recipe for disaster.
Why blame parents! I wonder how many parents, even though rich are not worried about their children. And how many children (specially around 20's) do actually listen to what their parents tell them. At that age one is mostly driven by peer group...

Also I do not understand why people in rear seat have extra safe feeling, why they almost never wear seatbelts!
Old 28th February 2008, 12:14   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
And how many children (specially around 20's) do actually listen to what their parents tell them. At that age one is mostly driven by peer group...
That is patently generalizing and sermonizing to boot. Assuming you've been around more than these children (20 somethings) haven't you seen drunk drivers who've gotten themselves/others killed? Let's not use this thread to air all irrelevant rants about youth, blah blah blah blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Also I do not understand why people in rear seat have extra safe feeling, why they almost never wear seatbelts!
True that. I've failed miserably to convince my family. My previous employer had it mandatory though.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:28   #613
Team-BHP Support

why we see so many young drunk dead drivers/ riders.

There are old riders.
There are drunk riders.
There are NO old drunk riders.

they don't survive that long.
Old 28th February 2008, 13:48   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
True that. I've failed miserably to convince my family. My previous employer had it mandatory though.
My previous employer used to put on hold promotions of any employee found to be in a vehicle with any "front seat" passenger/driver not wearing seat belts or any two wheeler rider/ pillion without helmet. Harsh, but it worked.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:05   #615
Senior - BHPian

Umm, in my previous company it was a black mark in your appraisal, but in Shell, persistent non usage of seat belts would mean a VERY swift dismissal. Zero tolerance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks