Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 10:41   #6346
Senior - BHPian

Scary crash that is, I think the truck was stationary at the time of collision because of dislodged wheel.Note the branches on back of truck, a common practice across the country( don't know what those branches??).The car looks like a Accent Viva, judging from the alloys it had.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:43   #6347
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed a pile-up on the western express highway, Mumbai yesterday. Probably 1 of the most "expensive" pile ups iv seen.....involving 7 cars.
Heavy rains have completely annihilated certain sections of the highway,most notable and dangerous one being a series of HUGE car breakers immediately after the santacruz airport flyover ,next to sahara star hotel, ends ,while going towards bandra. from what had happend, it seemd that one Mr. Laura tsi didnot notice the pot"caves" at the end of the bridge as he was too busy speeding and breaked heavily after he was extremely close to them....and thats how the train was formed. A premier padmini taxi was on the bums of the laura in no time...followed by an optra, AN S 350 !!!......a cruze , an innova and finally a hyundai terrecan. extremely sorry scenes, most notably the rear of the cruze had been totalled by the innova. too much of confusion for any pics as it was the morning rush hour
Old 15th July 2010, 10:49   #6348
BHPian

Saw this in today's HT:
Attached Images

Old 15th July 2010, 11:46   #6349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Saw this in today's HT:
that's just sad. whole family wiped out!

may their souls rest in peace :(
Old 15th July 2010, 13:01   #6350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Saw this horrible accident just off Hennur signal @ 6 in the morning today ....

Attachment 388137
Thats an old accent GVS with GTX alloys. Looks like the accent hit the truck from behind. May be a case of drunk driving?
Old 15th July 2010, 13:45   #6351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Thats an old accent GVS with GTX alloys. Looks like the accent hit the truck from behind. May be a case of drunk driving?
Could also be a old Accent CRDi. Both GVS and CRDi have black handles.
Old 15th July 2010, 15:50   #6352
BHPian

I know this may not be the right thread to post this link but I thought this is a MUST WATCH video for all team-bhp members especially those who like to drive fast, scared the daylights out of me.

Accidents due to Unsafe driving... - Video

Mods Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Please move it wherever you feel it is appropriate.
Old 17th July 2010, 00:32   #6353
Senior - BHPian

witnessed an accident just a while back. we were coming back from my in-law's place and were turning into 13th Main Indiranagar when we heard a screeching sound. i turned and looked and saw a biker fall from his bike and drag for a short distance on the 100ft road, between the 12th Main and 13th Main. i slowed the car and parked on the left, told my wife i'll just check if the guy's okay. rushed to the spot to find many other people had gathered around and picked up the guy and his bike.

what had happened was that there was a Indica on the left side and a Swift was trying to overtake this guy on the bike, who was behind the Indica. while the Swift trying to overtake, the biker tried to overtake the Indica. unfortunately for him, there was a big pothole in the road. he lost balance and when he tried to brake, the bike skidded and both fell. he was REALLY fortunate that the Swift went wide and didn't go over his arm, which i presume was outstretched when he fell.

spoke to the guy - he had few bruises and the original paintwork had peeled off in some places. after making sure he was okay and would be able to get home and administer some antiseptic, i headed back to my car and drove home.

the Swift guy/gal stopped for a few seconds when the biker fell and then just drove off, which i felt was not a nice thing to do.
Old 17th July 2010, 02:48   #6354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Was that 2 seperate accidents or did the Indica manage to take off the truck's rear axle ?

Not sure. but looks lie the truck had a break down was parked there. Accent was speeding i suppose and hit head on.
My driver informed me in the evening that there were 2 people in the car and both died on the spot.
Old 17th July 2010, 05:01   #6355
BHPian

This accident happened in the Tiruchy - Madurai highway, got this photo from an old archive in my phone. The lorry was travelling on the opposite lane and rolled down from the elevated road and fell on the road in which i was traversing.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0058.jpg  

Old 18th July 2010, 13:32   #6356
BHPian

Drive Safe Always

Hi All,

Just got this link on facebook from a close friend. It's a link for a video.

www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-az1smQMWHYk/drive_safely/

Have no words to describe after watching it . Really guys a lot of life depends on our conscience when we are at wheelsespecially our loved ones.
Old 18th July 2010, 15:28   #6357
Senior - BHPian

Have seen this video 10-15 times, but it still hits me hard.

Guys... don't just drive safe, encourage others to do the same.
Old 18th July 2010, 16:56   #6358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
encourage others to do the same.
i do that and i get laughed at! some of my friends don't even want to sit in the front seat in my car because i enforce the seat belt rule! i don't understand why people have aversion to safety

Old 18th July 2010, 17:20   #6359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_kudle View Post
Hi All,

Just got this link on facebook from a close friend. It's a link for a video.

www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-az1smQMWHYk/drive_safely/
I had posted the same video 2 pages back, I had the same expression after watching it , learnt a lesson from the part in which the SUV gets hit from the back at the stoplight, i have a habit of stopping real close.
Old 18th July 2010, 17:55   #6360
Distinguished - BHPian

I insisted on a friend of my wife's wearing a belt the other day, and she did not know how to fasten it.

metacafe doesn't work for me: any Youtube link?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 18th July 2010 at 17:56.

Most Viewed