Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 22:45   #6466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
This I believe is for civilised societty. For our brash, power-drunk society...
Nope similar incident happened here 3 weeks back. A construction worker apparently working on a road filled with cones and bright orange signs was run over by a speeding SUV. It was a hit and run case. It happens in every country where there are drunk and heartless individuals.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:57   #6467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Nope similar incident happened here 3 weeks back. A construction worker apparently working on a road filled with cones and bright orange signs was run over by a speeding SUV. It was a hit and run case. It happens in every country where there are drunk and heartless individuals.
Yes, I think you are right. I think every country needs those concrete blocks.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:02   #6468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
A brand new i10 automatic at pattom traffic police station,an elder person was killed in accident involving this car

Attachment 395061

Attachment 395062

Attachment 395063

came to know about it's story through a relative.this car belonged to a neighbor of his friend

the elder guy was happily driving a Maruti 800 for sometime,his son decided to upgrade it an automatic car as it would be easy for use but it turned out in the other way as it rammed into some post/wall when he pushed accelerator pedal too hard forgetting about no clutch

Just a friendly advise, dont take pics of things at the police station, all these are evidences and can land you in trouble.

Pramod
Old 27th July 2010, 23:08   #6469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Just a friendly advise, dont take pics of things at the police station, all these are evidences and can land you in trouble.

Pramod
Evidence for what? I'm not being sarcastic, I have a genuine doubt, as I once took pics of abandoned cars parked outside a police station.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:07   #6470
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm shocked at the idea of an elderly person, used to a manual car, being given an auto. It is a crazy thing to do. Our flexibility does not increase as we get older. Even much younger than I am now I have had confusion swapping between manual and auto. On one occasion, I put my foot on the clutch --- except it wasn't there, I hit the brake, and luckily the person behind me stopped in time.

Jumping to conclusions, but it looks like lack of seat belt was the killer in that car.

In the past week, I have had to show two passengers how to even use a seat belt: they had no idea.
Old 28th July 2010, 07:49   #6471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm shocked at the idea of an elderly person, used to a manual car, being given an auto. It is a crazy thing to do. Our flexibility does not increase as we get older. Even much younger than I am now I have had confusion swapping between manual and auto. On one occasion, I put my foot on the clutch --- except it wasn't there, I hit the brake, and luckily the person behind me stopped in time.
Maybe I have to rethink about advising my Grandpa to go in for an AT.
He has leg pains and stuff, so I was thinking an AT could help.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:17   #6472
BHPian

Saw a Santro turned turtle on a ditch near the temple next to Beddadasapura driving from Electronic city to Bannerghatta road last evening around 6 pm. Hope the injuries were minimal. Couldnt stop to take a snap as it was drizzling and lot of people were stopped on the road blocking traffic.

Any details on this accident, anyone?
Old 28th July 2010, 11:41   #6473
Distinguished - BHPian

Bear with me,Im just stating my case to avoid roughing up your car on the expressway.

Has anyone seen the TG episode, where captain slow makes the comparison(in the news) that he tried driving like clarkson and hammond for some days, and for the rest he drove like a "christian"(quoting him)?
and that it used to take him a similar amount of time for the trip,sometimes less when he drove easy??

Well, i am not expounding that you give up the bhp youve spent precious moolah on.
However, has anyone been on the Gurgaon expressway, since the rains have hit our part of the country?
Traffic starts crawling from radisson onwards, till you get to IFFCO!!
innumerable fender benders, every morning!!
Me, i prefer to keep some distance (2 car lengths) to keep myself away from the guy in front,as a scratched/bumped car looks like a child who is ill-treated,no?

Tried an experiment,I eyeballed a couple of cars over a week every day, who were drivng expressway-crazy!!
in and out,changing lanes, braking,accelerating(the way it happens on the expressway)
i stuck to my lane,and guess what, at the end of the trip, I could still spot them either next to, or behind me,or in an accident/roadside argument!!

and i did not have the stress of braking/accelarating to avoid kissing a car/the wall for over 20 kms!!
what did these guys save?

Just saying,my tuppence..
I keep my BHP for open roads, and easy rides!

PS:I dont know kaunsa bhoot gets into perfectly sane drivers as they start getting near the border!!
Old 28th July 2010, 12:23   #6474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkris View Post
Saw a Santro turned turtle on a ditch near the temple next to Beddadasapura driving from Electronic city to Bannerghatta road last evening around 6 pm. Hope the injuries were minimal. Couldnt stop to take a snap as it was drizzling and lot of people were stopped on the road blocking traffic.

Any details on this accident, anyone?

Even my colleague was mentioning about this just a few minutes back. And here I am in this thread looking for details.

It seems that place has a lot of sharp curves, and the Santro might have been speeding, or possibly a tyre burst - all our assumptions.

Anybody who was in the spot could give a better idea.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:30   #6475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I came back from the body repair shop just now and Its more or less like I have lost the vehicle. the estimate will most probably cross the insured value and repairing the car is not seeming a worthy option.
I just got the repair estimate and it is 1.9lakhs.almost a new M800.
insured value is much lesser than that.
1second of impact 2lakhs lost
Old 28th July 2010, 15:41   #6476
BHPian

Can anyone help me on how to remove dents without tinkering? Lots of videos on youtube on usage of hairdryer and compressed air/ dent off instrument.

Has anyone tried these methods and do they truely work ?
Old 28th July 2010, 15:56   #6477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I just got the repair estimate and it is 1.9lakhs.almost a new M800.
insured value is much lesser than that.
1second of impact 2lakhs lost
A similar head on collision of my friend's Alto with a tractor at Mandya - again, the engine was not damaged, the money damages were about 65K, including full body repainting. Suggest you contact the local workshop instead of the MASS.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:15   #6478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
A similar head on collision of my friend's Alto with a tractor at Mandya - again, the engine was not damaged, the money damages were about 65K, including full body repainting. Suggest you contact the local workshop instead of the MASS.
Was this on the highway?
Old 29th July 2010, 12:05   #6479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Evidence for what? I'm not being sarcastic, I have a genuine doubt, as I once took pics of abandoned cars parked outside a police station.
Boss i am not here for any controversial discussion, Crazybiker is a friend so its more than my duty to warn him and in the process others who dont tempt fate. You are free to continue doing so it will only take matter of time that the cops might catch you and ask you for an id, if you cannot produce one they will seize your equipment and ask you to come to court and the judge cannot take the accidents in india pics for an answer and might put a ban on the site itself. When experienced people speak its better to keep quite if you cannot acknowledge.

MODS: Please put a not to others not to go and take pics of cars in the police impound unless you are the owner/related to the owner.

Pramod
Old 29th July 2010, 12:59   #6480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Arkin,I asked one of the cops who was stationed near my house for some "dooty".Well, he said its not illegal by the letter of the law to take pictures of the skeletal remains we see dumped OUTSIDE police stations(case in point-lodhi road), but "agar afsar ka mann aaya to bahut jhanjhat(problem) khadi kar sakta hai.bahut samay barbaad kara dega, samaan rakh lega",which basically boils down to that you may have to shell out some money, or he will waste so much of your time, that you'll wish you had paid.But hey, use you camera freely on the road for capturing traffic offences and putting it up on the traffic police's facebook page!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks