Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 18:07   #6976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The roads on NH205 are being well laid using machinery & the roads are also being widened to an extend of about 4 feet on either sides. Which means, its really in GQ condition minus barricades, lane marks & medians.
The stretch in between the turn at Hotel Highway till Thiruvallur is very dangerous. You have opening in the center median, just inline with the lanes that leads to the villages (either sides). At certain places, the opening is placed at every 200 mtrs i.e for every streets that leads into the village. Shops/houses were built almost at the edges of the main road cutting down the visibility..you even cannot make it out that a lane is there, until a cyclist or a motorist zoom straight into the opposite direction. I travel regularly on that road & didn't discovered this until I see couple of accidents in a similar fashion (zoom out only to get hit). Very tough situation to be in - Empty roads, but on back of your mind, you are worried about these zooming guys. But slowing down to reasonable speeds definitely helps atleast you can slow down/avoid any untoward incidents

Last edited by Surprise : 29th October 2010 at 18:12.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:07   #6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Oh God!! a terrific test drive !! very sad to see a new car in this condition.
btw, any casualty?
No casualities, occupants walked out scratchless. I was told that he was doing 150.xx kmph when this occured. He is again impressed with safety features and my friend working in Mitsubishi told me that he may get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
That's a bad crash. BTW is the guy who took the TD held liable for any damages or does insurance take care of everything? I remember reading a thread where a fellow BHPian met with an accident during an SX4 TD and got beaten up by the dealer.
AFAIK, the insurance is covering it up since the car is a registered one and having valid insurance.
Old 31st October 2010, 15:39   #6978
Senior - BHPian

I spotted these while going to office yesterday.

Banged up Logan taxi
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0064.jpg

It looks like he hit a pillar or something on the left side
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0063.jpg

This OHC is a total gonner, and is lying at this spot for many days.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_-025.jpg
Old 31st October 2010, 15:59   #6979
Nos007

are you sure about the headlamp cost ??? i dont think they cost so much !!!

Plese reconferm.

Old 31st October 2010, 20:06   #6980
Senior - BHPian

^^ Man I wouldn't be surprised if they were 100,000 INR. The Lancer headlamps cost 14K per piece. I am talking OEM. These days it ain't about part, is about assemblies. Go to an MUL service station and ask for a front fender indicator glass cover. They will say you have to have an assembly or they will give it to you if they find a spare one laying around. It happened to me.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:43   #6981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Oh God!! a terrific test drive !! very sad to see a new car in this condition.
btw, any casualty?
Horrible accident ....
on a lighter side, one perfect test drive, tested the vehicle in every aspect! well all now the sales person talk about security, Air Bags, ABS etc. He has gone an extra step to test the Air Bags.
Old 2nd November 2010, 00:05   #6982
BHPian

Accident Spotted at BTM Bangalore

Hi Guys,

I spotted (could not take pics as I was driving) a silver Santro with front banged near the speed breaker on curve of BTM Lake road in Bangalore. It seems the Santro rear ended some heavy vehicle but there was none on the spot. I noticed this car at around 6:00 PM on Oct 31 2010 (Sunday) and the driver was sitting in the car. However, there were couple of other cars stopped near by with blinkers on but none seem to have been involved win accident (may be passerby stopped to see or help).

Did anyone else notice this car & any details on this car?

The truth is drivers new to lake road tend to drive fast but in fact this road poses threats in terms of vehicles coming from side lanes and power braking at speed breaker near curve.

Last edited by drive_or_die : 2nd November 2010 at 00:06. Reason: added time of accident
Old 4th November 2010, 20:29   #6983
Distinguished - BHPian

A very nasty accident took place in Nagpur city yesterday noon. A city bus rammed into two three wheelers , a Skoda car and many two wheelers as the driver lost control. Two were killed and 16 were injured.A commotion took place after the ghastly mishap. the driver stated that the bus was Ok when he commenced his drive but the brakes had failed. Passers-by however said that this bus was trying to rashly overtake another bus and hence rammed into the waiting motor vehicles at a traffic signal.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc06118.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc06119.jpg
Old 7th November 2010, 02:45   #6984
BHPian

Totaled Swift Dzire

Found the Swift Dzire which was completely Totaled in one of the Maruthi Service Station when I had been with my friend to collect his car which was there for a routine Check up.

Looks like this car was toppled around after losing control.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24102010006.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24102010007.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24102010008.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24102010009.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24102010010.jpg  

Old 7th November 2010, 12:11   #6985
Distinguished - BHPian

Admist all the saddening pics, here's one to lighten it up!.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car-step.jpg

The owner just finished attending the mass at a local church. He must have thought, if god could walk on water, then he could drive the Alto through these steps.
Old 7th November 2010, 22:29   #6986
BHPian

Confused Sumo

This Sumo was totally confused as in whether to go above flyover or to take the service road. Finally, this is what happened before it could decide upon something.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-06102010.jpg  

Old 7th November 2010, 22:34   #6987
BHPian

@The Outlander accident:

I don't think the guy liked the new front end of the Outlander that much.

Terrible accident!
Old 8th November 2010, 00:09   #6988
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this accident on NH47. No idea about injuries. If you look closely, there's a grey Swift ahead of the Wagon R which was also involved in the accident. The Wagon R hit the Swift at exactly the same position where the bike hit the Wagon R.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03781_1024.jpg  

Old 8th November 2010, 03:40   #6989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
the driver stated that the bus was Ok when he commenced his drive but the brakes had failed. Passers-by however said that this bus was trying to rashly overtake another bus and hence rammed into the waiting motor vehicles at a traffic signal.
I would obviously believe what the public has to say rather than the moronic driver!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Admist all the saddening pics, here's one to lighten it up!.
Quite funny

I missed out 2 close encounters when driving from Hosur-Chennai.
Before Krishnagiri, I just overtook an Indica from the left lane (lane hogger) & quickly moved to right lane. What I see is a drunkard walking almost collapsed to the right lane without bothering about the oncoming vehicles. Though I'd sufficient time to brake, I used blinkers & horn to alert & my lady luck favoured me. That guy stopped on the middle lane, allowed me to pass to only get hit by that Indica that I watched through my RVM.

OT - Until then the road was an empty stretch & when this incident happened, there became a huge gathering all over. Looks like people are hiding to witness until such incident.

2. After Krishnagiri towards Vaniyambadi, this Govt bus was in a bus stop in the left lane & I was on my right lane. Not sure what this guy thought, he put out his hands & wanted to move to right lane. My blinkers & horns went to blind & deaf person & this guy was absolute maniac in moving to right & once again, lady luck played. This guy suddenly changed his mind & pushed towards left lane once again.

Out of both, the second one was the most scariest experience.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:13   #6990
BHPian

It was a scary experience driving NH-7 yesterday night. I was driving from NGL to BLR and saw a total of 6 accidents - 1 near kovilpatti where a TN SETC was involved. One near salem where there was a pile up of 4 vehicles, not sure about the casualties but saw one dead, most likely a pedestrian got hit while crossing the road. Then 4 of them in the mad drive zone - Krishnagiri to Bangalore. Hope lives were not lost in those. Extremely heavy traffic + heavy rains + high speeds + ignorance of rules = disaster. One of the scariest drives in my experience so far.

Most Viewed