Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 10:37   #7126
BHPian

Saw this on the way to work today

Saw a Black Scorpio VLX being towed near the Outer Ring Road, Must have rear-ended a Bus by the looks of it. No damage to the Passenger Cabin, possibly damage to Radiator.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24112010318.jpg  

Old 24th November 2010, 12:14   #7127
BHPian

Morning sight on the way to my office, scene at junction near HSR club, sad.

Here is what the people told me, an indica driven by a "lady" (there was too much emphasis on that) came and hit the front driver door at a high speed, with the qualis perpendicular to the indica. Such was the impact that the qualis toppled thrice and landed, indica drove to police station and reported the accident.

I don't believe indica at a "high speed" can cause such an impact because the damage to the driver door is not too much. I think qualis was at good speed, and when he realized the accident happening, probably tried to veer to the left or right and toppled the car as he lost control. Driver and co passenger got head injuries not critical as i heard.

And if the qualis was mangled just because the indica hit it at high speed, then tata got an awesome product
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0074.jpg  

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 24th November 2010 at 12:16. Reason: grammar
Old 24th November 2010, 12:22   #7128
BHPian

I was about to post the ^^^ accident. This junction and the other one after it are accident prone these days. Its high time a traffic signals/speed breakers are put in place.

Here are some pics before the Qualis came back on its legs and the mangled Indica.

OT: BTW Sunish, we seem to be neighbours . Send you a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0079a.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0080a.jpg  

Last edited by jeeva : 24th November 2010 at 12:24.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:27   #7129
BANNED

Infant dies in car fire

From TOI today

Quote:
BIJAPUR: A four-year-old child was burnt alive when a fire broke out in the car in which she was travelling.

Nandini Yallappa Pujari (4), was on the way to the market in Nagaradinni village in Basavana Bagewadi taluka on Monday evening with her father. Her father parked the car and stepped out briefly, leaving the girl sitting inside the car, with the door locked.

All of a sudden a fire broke out due to a short circuit. Seeing smoke emerging from the car, people standing around started shouting, to draw the father's attention. He rushed to the car and tried to take Nandini out, but was unable to.

Kolhar police station has registered the case in this regard.
Link: Infant dies in car fire - The Times of India

RIP poor child.
Old 24th November 2010, 14:34   #7130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Morning sight on the way to my office, scene at junction near HSR club, sad.

an indica driven by a "lady" (there was too much emphasis on that) came and hit the front driver door at a high speed,
I think qualis was at good speed, and when he realized the accident happening, probably tried to veer to the left or right and toppled the car as he lost control.
Any of the two (reason for impact) or both may be correct but it is defiantly a result of hurry of morning hours, when people get late at their home and rushed blindly on road after that.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:05   #7131
Senior - BHPian

Don't know what it hit, but the other vehicle was fit enough to get away from the spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02122010001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02122010002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02122010.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2010, 23:00   #7132
Distinguished - BHPian

Crashed NHC being towed on NH58.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-city1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-city2.jpg

Crashed truck being towed away on Nizamuddin Bridge.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-truck-towed.jpg

Laden Tata 407 with flat tyre holding up traffic on NH58.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-flat.jpg
Old 4th December 2010, 11:58   #7133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Don't know what it hit, but the other vehicle was fit enough to get away from the spot.
Seems that accident did not happen on this place, happened somewhere and vehicle is parked here after accident. Road is well cleaned below the car.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:33   #7134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Here is what the people told me, an indica driven by a "lady" (there was too much emphasis on that) came and hit the front driver door at a high speed, with the qualis perpendicular to the indica. Such was the impact that the qualis toppled thrice and landed, indica drove to police station and reported the accident.

And if the qualis was mangled just because the indica hit it at high speed, then tata got an awesome product
We all know the might of an Indica and the damage it inflicts on another vehicle in case of an accident.
I myself was involved in a chain accident on NH-1 a few years ago.
I was passing through Karnal, driving at about 60 Km/H and the Santro in front of me suddenly screeched to a halt. I managed to stop about a foot or so behind the Santro.
But I guess the Accent coming behind me wasn't so lucky. It smashed behind me, which resulted in pushing my car forwards into the santro with a jump.
When we got out and inspected, Santro's rear end was in pieces and the Accent had it's front left quadrant badly damaged (incl the headlight, bonnet, bumper, fender, etc.)
Turning attention to my car, I realised I only had a broken front number plate. On the back end, the accent had hit my left wheel, so only the mud flap was folded in, which I easily pulled out and was on my way.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:53   #7135
Senior - BHPian

Accident near my house

Barely a few hundred metres away from my home, yesterday early morning, an Indigo taxi and a Santro had a bad smash. Both were travelling at high speeds and collided at right angles. The impact was such that the Indigo flipped over once or twice and crashed into the compound wall of the corner bunglow.

I have no idea about the injuries or casualties, but by the time I passed by for my morning walk, the police were picking up clues here and there on the road. It happened bang in front of the Prabhat road police chowky.

The Santro with the damaged front end.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1623.jpg

The Indigo is unfortunately a total loss. I don't think anyone could have come out of it without any injuries.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1624.jpg

The Santro seems to have crashed into the rear left portion of it which may have caused it to fish-tail out of control and flip laterally into the compound wall.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1625.jpg
Old 4th December 2010, 16:44   #7136
Senior - BHPian

My Car was hit by a Truck 2 weeks ago,it was a hit and run,and i was unable to trace the moron.
Thankfully she is back with me,thanks to Samrithi Hyundai(New A.S.S)for,delivering the car within 3 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0126.jpg  

Old 4th December 2010, 17:18   #7137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
My Car was hit by a Truck 2 weeks ago,it was a hit and run,and i was unable to trace the moron.
Thankfully she is back with me,thanks to Samrithi Hyundai(New A.S.S)for,delivering the car within 3 days.
Oh! Was this while on the run? I mean you were driving and this guy banged?

Last week, my car was hit from behind by a bike - I did chase this guy (for over 3 kms), but this guy vanished into one of the many small bylanes! Thankfully he did not cause major damage - its just a scratch on the bumper. (I am happy its a FIAT - had it been a Maruti, he'd have atleast misaligned the bumper)
Old 4th December 2010, 18:46   #7138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Seems that accident did not happen on this place, happened somewhere and vehicle is parked here after accident. Road is well cleaned below the car.
Nope. It happened just there, though not exactly where the car is parked. It was an intersection and the accident happened there. Car was moved to the side to make way for traffic.
Old 4th December 2010, 19:33   #7139
Senior - BHPian

akshay bhai,

that is indeed a solid impact. on the highway/office/inside the colony? This is killing - my heart would've sunk if I came outta office to see this!!
Old 5th December 2010, 12:43   #7140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
my address, my phone number and explained what all formalities need to be done and how will it all go about. then just asked me to call for a vehicle from home as i was free to go.

p.s: all the conversation happened in hindi!
Samyak, glad that the biker is not seriously injured along with his family. When will these morons drive carefully by looking at other traffic on the road !

High time they see CEAT Tyres ad for bikes.

What is police doing with the vehicle at police station ? If there is no case, then you can take the vehicle ASAP. Cars lying at police stations are not safe as parts are stolen mostly in the night.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 5th December 2010 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks