Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 18:22   #7501
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Is the Alto driver a fighter pilot? Boy, his reflexes are so good! Not only he didn't brake, he didn't seem to have eased off a bit on throttle either.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:44   #7502
BANNED

The bangalore traffic police released a gory video of 2 wheeler accidents on you tube! seriously disturbing stuff! unfortunately you tube has deleted the video for violating their norms. I tried finding the link, not able to!
Old 15th February 2011, 19:19   #7503
Senior - BHPian

A result of tyre burst.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo2192.jpg

And a crashed accent.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo2193.jpg
Old 15th February 2011, 19:42   #7504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
A result of tyre burst.

And a crashed accent.
Oh my gosh! A jag!!! Even that "small" piece of damage looks plain horrible on that Jag. Don't you have more pics of the Jag?

And that Accent is is horrible shape.
Old 15th February 2011, 20:46   #7505
Senior - BHPian

Today I had a close call on the road with a Santro. I was on my way back home, driving on Sarjapur road at around 6.30 pm. Just after the Kaikondrahalli junction, the right lane was occupied by a BMTC bus, followed by a cement mixer truck, followed by a minibus. I was in no mood to crawl behind them, so I moved to the left lane. Suddenly I noticed a white Santro coming behind me and cutting into the right lane and hitting the brakes till they screeched. When this guy started honking furiously, I thought I'd let him go, and slowed down. My big mistake. He saw this bit of space on his left and swerved into it sharply. He missed me by a whisker, but couldn't turn right in time to get straight into the left lane, and went off the road into a pile of dirt. He just managed to avoid a compound wall by turning right at the last moment. But his car almost turned turtle, but fortunately for him, came to rest on its wheels. I just paused to see him shaking his head, and once I realised that he hadn't injured himself, I drove off.

That area is usually full of pedestrians, and he must have been extremely fortunate not to crash into any innocent pedestrian!
Old 15th February 2011, 21:09   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Today I had a close call on the road with a Santro. I was on my way back home, driving on Sarjapur road at around 6.30 pm. Just after the Kaikondrahalli junction, the right lane was occupied by a BMTC bus, followed by a cement mixer truck, followed by a minibus. I was in no mood to crawl behind them, so I moved to the left lane. Suddenly I noticed a white Santro coming behind me and cutting into the right lane and hitting the brakes till they screeched. When this guy started honking furiously, I thought I'd let him go, and slowed down. My big mistake. He saw this bit of space on his left and swerved into it sharply. He missed me by a whisker, but couldn't turn right in time to get straight into the left lane, and went off the road into a pile of dirt. He just managed to avoid a compound wall by turning right at the last moment. But his car almost turned turtle, but fortunately for him, came to rest on its wheels. I just paused to see him shaking his head, and once I realised that he hadn't injured himself, I drove off.

That area is usually full of pedestrians, and he must have been extremely fortunate not to crash into any innocent pedestrian!

was the white coloured Santro with DL-2C registration?
Old 15th February 2011, 21:26   #7507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hey, that's the Mannuthy bypass, isn't it?
@Ironhawk - The accident scene was near Chalakkudy.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:53   #7508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
"Its a lady!" The Alto just in time veered away and missed the guy by inches.
The scooty lady is a dodo. She rear ended him like crazy! And the alto sure missed him by a whisker!! Was the Alto driver a lady too?

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 15th February 2011 at 23:03. Reason: Grammar
Old 16th February 2011, 10:15   #7509
BHPian

Bad start to the day, saw an accident at 5:30 am this morning, during my regular morning run at Silk Board, Bangalore. The guy was on the bike, lost control, skidded for about 30-40 mts and the girl sitting behind him wasnt wearing a helmet.

The guy was saved, thanks to the helmet. The girl sitting behind him, banged her head in the divider.... sadly she passed away on the spot, it was a horrifying sight....

When would people realize that the rider and pillion both need a helmet when on the bike or any two wheeler. You might be a safe rider, but at least 60% of the accidents happen because of somebody else's foolishness, and if you are not wearing the helmet then you would be on the receiving end
Old 16th February 2011, 10:26   #7510
BHPian

Sorry for the girl. May her soul RIP.

I cant understand why people are not bothered about their own safety. Every other person waits until something bad happens to him/relatives. Some times it would be too late by the time one relises the need for safety. Sad situation.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:42   #7511
Senior - BHPian

That's terrible. May her soul rest in peace.
I hope that picture does not disturb you for the rest of your life. I still remember witnessing an accident on Mysore road 6 years ago where a speeding motorbike crashed head on into a bus. The bus was on the wrong side, because the road repair workers had directed it (and other vehicles) that way. That picture still disturbs me.

Quote:
was the white coloured Santro with DL-2C registration?
I am sorry man. I did not notice. I only noticed that the driver was in his early twenties.

Last edited by rohanjf : 16th February 2011 at 10:43.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:59   #7512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I am sorry man. I did not notice. I only noticed that the driver was in his early twenties.
i think this white Santro might be the same nut case i had encountered driving recklessly on the BETL. i think other BHPians have also spotted this guy, who seems to be a teenager.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:04   #7513
BHPian

Quote:
i think this white Santro might be the same nut case i had encountered driving recklessly on the BETL. i think other BHPians have also spotted this guy, who seems to be a teenager.
its a white santro, DL registration and drives like a maniac, saw him on the ORR near HSR
Old 16th February 2011, 14:34   #7514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post

The guy was saved, thanks to the helmet. The girl sitting behind him, banged her head in the divider.... sadly she passed away on the spot, it was a horrifying sight....
Oh damn! RIP. Did the rider get hurt?
Oh my gosh! I can't let my grandparents roam around on bike, as I don't know if they wear their helmet.

I'm gonna send them a car ASAP. This strengthens my view that bikes are unsafe.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:38   #7515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Oh damn! RIP. Did the rider get hurt?
Oh my gosh! I can't let my grandparents roam around on bike, as I don't know if they wear their helmet.

I'm gonna send them a car ASAP. This strengthens my view that bikes are unsafe.
The guy seemed to be fine.... though he was shocked, which is natural

Just that he had severe pain in this left hand, might have been a fracture, but the fracture sounds relatively small to what happened to the girl....

Most Viewed