Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 21:06   #7966
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Truck crashed into UP Roadways bus at Modinagar. 4 reported killed.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0097k100.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0098k100.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0099k100.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0095k100.jpg

Pranged Beetle in West Delhi.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0117k100.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0118k100.jpg
Old 30th April 2011, 21:32   #7967
Senior - BHPian

^^ That Beetle is a sorry sight. Hopefully the owners will be having deep pockets and will not feel the pinch of getting it on back road.
Old 1st May 2011, 16:42   #7968
Senior - BHPian

This weird and horrible crash happened yesterday evening at 8 pm, somewhere around 20kms from Nagpur. Mahindra Maxx taxi jumped the 10ft divider as driver lost control on high speed and came in the path of on coming TCI trailer. After collision the uncontrolled trailer rammed into a stationary truck parked on the road side, which resulted into toppling of stationary truck and tractor(trailer). Four people traveling in Maxx lost life instantly ( all of them in their 20's) and five people were seriously injured. May lost lives RIP..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0016.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0017.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0020.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0021.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0022.jpg  

Old 1st May 2011, 17:05   #7969
BHPian

Saturday evening - I saw an unregistered E-class banged into the divider near Hope Farm circle in whitefield. Didn't look like any injuries or any other vehicles involved in the crash. Sorry no pics.

Looked absurd, the way he had crashed.

Cheers,

Jagan.
Old 1st May 2011, 17:43   #7970
Senior - BHPian

Except for the front engine compartment the Maxx doesnt seem to have had major damages, I wonder why this had resulted in losing 4 lives. Indeed some minor mistakes by the drivers takes the lives of some unrelated individuals travelling with them. Some reason why its so important to learn driving and no depend on some semi-learnt driver
Old 1st May 2011, 19:29   #7971
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Except for the front engine compartment the Maxx doesnt seem to have had major damages, I wonder why this had resulted in losing 4 lives. Indeed some minor mistakes by the drivers takes the lives of some unrelated individuals travelling with them. Some reason why its so important to learn driving and no depend on some semi-learnt driver

This thread makes me wary of hiring a tour operator

Guess I should stop being paranoid ... :(
Old 1st May 2011, 21:36   #7972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Except for the front engine compartment the Maxx doesn't seem to have had major damages, I wonder why this had resulted in losing 4 lives. Indeed some minor mistakes by the drivers takes the lives of some unrelated individuals traveling with them. Some reason why its so important to learn driving and no depend on some semi-learnt driver
Maxx was one of those dreaded & rashly driven taxis, normally filled beyond capacity. This is i think enough for claiming lives of innocent unrelated individuals.
Here is another pic of a trailer crash on Saturday morning some other highway going out of Nagpur...
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0015.jpg  

Last edited by agspins : 1st May 2011 at 21:41.
Old 1st May 2011, 21:41   #7973
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to see lives lost. I follow this thread closely to mainly find out which vehicles survive best in the event of a crash. Its mostly vehicle damage, but now its more about loss of life. Very sad indeed. Hope the people who died had a painless instant end
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:27   #7974
Senior - BHPian

Saw this tempo & BMTC bus accident today morning between Silkboard & Sarjapur road Jn. Don't know about casualties.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00372201105020757.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00373201105020758.jpg  

Last edited by coolclouds : 2nd May 2011 at 09:32.
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:57   #7975
BHPian

My wife just called and informed me that she saw a horrible accident on Bannerghatta road, near to ICICI bank at Hulimavu. Seems like a bike rider was mowed down by a truck. She told me that it was a gory sight with blood and flesh strewn across the road. Bad start to a Monday morning. Seems like two wheelers are becoming more and more unsafe on Bangalore roads.

Last edited by A350XWB : 2nd May 2011 at 09:58.
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:15   #7976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
My wife just called and informed me that she saw a horrible accident on Bannerghatta road, near to ICICI bank at Hulimavu. Seems like a bike rider was mowed down by a truck. She told me that it was a gory sight with blood and flesh strewn across the road. Bad start to a Monday morning. Seems like two wheelers are becoming more and more unsafe on Bangalore roads.
That sure would've been a gory sight! Even a helmet can't save the rider in such a case. But we do not know who is at fault here. But still I pity the rider and his family :(
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:22   #7977
BHPian

Quote:
However safe one drives, one is at mercy of other's fault. I have heard of loss of lives due to other vehicles fault.

Here is a story of a new born losing his life on Trisur Palakard road. The boy was on his way to Guruvayoor, with his mom and others, to have his first meal (rice). An oncoming well built car driven by a driver, was trying to overtake. Since the stretch is a single lane, the car was swinging to the right to negotiate for a pass, and on a poor judgement it collided with the M800 taking the boy's life.

Not many practice defensive driving.
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:54   #7978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I passed that spot a little earlier than usual today, otherwise i would have also had a real bad start to the week
What happened to the truck driver?
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:32   #7979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
However safe one drives, one is at mercy of other's fault.
^^ that's the reason why I told

Quote:
Seems like two wheelers are becoming more and more unsafe on Bangalore roads.
On a two wheeler, you are very vulnerable. Much more than in a four wheeler.

amitoj, I don't know further details. Luckily, my wife was not driving to work today. She was on a BMTC bus. From her description and voice over the phone, I could make out that she was really disturbed after seeing the accident.

Last edited by A350XWB : 2nd May 2011 at 11:35.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:38   #7980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Except for the front engine compartment the Maxx doesnt seem to have had major damages, I wonder why this had resulted in losing 4 lives.
Take a look at this video:

You can see how violently the occupants' heads are shaken during the impacts, even though the cars involved in the crash are not mangled up. Such violent jerks are very fatal, and that must've been the case with the MAXX occupants too.

@sgmitr13: Sorry to hear that. May the departed soul RIP, and the boy's parents have the strength to face the situation. I do that stretch often and I know how dangerous it gets. M800, Spark, Alto, etc are the most bullied vehicles on any NH. The vehicles that bully them the most: Scorpio, Innova, Tavera, Safari, Sumo etc., apart from the private buses
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks