Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 13:05   #8116
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I have seen Green -> Amber -> Red -> Amber -> Green in Bnagalore too. For instance the Sarjapur road junction has this sequence towards Sarjapur from Marthahalli.
In the signal near Jeevan Bhima Nagar BSNL office end, it is like Red -> Amber -> Green -> Red when i observed it last time! I were half-way through the junction when the Green suddenly turned Red and already some bikers were on my way blocking my further progress!!
Old 14th May 2011, 21:50   #8117
BHPian

Had anyone read about the accident on accident on E way(Mumbai-Pune), kids travelling in Ford Fiesta at around 120 km/hr with 9 kids on board, rear tyre burst and two loss the life and other two seriously injured.
How the kids went unnoticed from Bandra to e - way...? How 9 persons can fit in to the car.
But really don't feel bad for such stupid kids, but feels really feel sad for their parents. And its good thing that their car did not hit other car during the accident.

Here is the artical.

Ten kids two dead one mangled mess - Mumbai Mirror
Old 14th May 2011, 22:22   #8118
BHPian

A five seater car with 9 people on board, driven from Bandra to panvel without being noticed/stopped/challaned, says a lot about the time and energy being put by traffic and regular cops in Mumbai and surrounding areas.
Old 14th May 2011, 22:42   #8119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
...in Kerala, I have been seeing the Amber coming even before RED turns Green. Now whats that for ?? Get ready to wheel spin ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I have seen Green -> Amber -> Red -> Amber -> Green in Bnagalore too.
What you mention is the correct sequence - it's called a 4-state traffic signal cycle. The actual cycle should run as green >> amber >> red >> red+amber >> green as seen in the animation below.
Name:  Traffic_light.gif
Views: 5660
Size:  84.7 KB
Old 15th May 2011, 00:23   #8120
Senior - BHPian

Sirji,
As is the norm 'yeh batti bhi kharab hai' it"s stuck on amber :
Old 15th May 2011, 01:08   #8121
BHPian

Around 30 years back, it was the 'norm' for the light to turn red-amber-green. And then amber was skipped while moving from red to green, but retained in the reverse direction.
Old 15th May 2011, 01:36   #8122
BANNED

Spotted this accident , today afternoon near hinjewadi bridge.

It was evident that it happened few minutes back.

Three cars involved, two rear ended.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Old 15th May 2011, 03:29   #8123
BHPian

Just witnessed what turns out to be a clean cut unadulterated case of a rich brat.
This was at Marine Lines at the signal around the corner of Pizzeria/Not Just Jazz By The Bay. Happened at ~ 1.30 a.m.
The car in question was a golden 5-series Bimmer. Burnouts and 180's and many other acts of dare-devilry were happening on a public road, on a saturday night(implying the road wasn't deserted as usual). And at one instance, the guy even almost lost control of the half-a-crore car that would've hit the divider. Luck and timing were on his side that nothing went horribly wrong, else I'd been posting pictures here!
It's fun to drive a bimmer or any other fast, powerful car for that matter; agreed. But one does need to have the common sense to think about others' lives considering they don't care about theirs!
Old 15th May 2011, 08:55   #8124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Again a generalization here. There is no doubt the WagonR is not a great handler like others in the league and it is quite obvious for its tallboy stance.
On straight stretches and not too steep curves, it can be driven safely without a fear factor in mind.
Of course, I know what a great handler the Swift that I wont even compare it with WagonR or even the ANHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I am one. And I generally agree that above 80kmph it generally feels unsafe. Minor bumps unsettle it and sudden maneuvers (in case of emergencies) can be very dangerous. Cruising at 100kmph seems "safe" enough only on good straight-ish roads.
Wagon R surely is not safe at the speed range 100 and plus.
For that matter the Swift too, on stock disc/tyres, as sudden maneuvers can unsrttle it.
Old 15th May 2011, 12:15   #8125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Just witnessed what turns out to be a clean cut unadulterated case of a rich brat.
This was at Marine Lines at the signal around the corner of Pizzeria/Not Just Jazz By The Bay. Happened at ~ 1.30 a.m.
The car in question was a golden 5-series Bimmer. Burnouts and 180's and many other acts of dare-devilry were happening on a public road, on a saturday night(implying the road wasn't deserted as usual). And at one instance, the guy even almost lost control of the half-a-crore car that would've hit the divider. Luck and timing were on his side that nothing went horribly wrong, else I'd been posting pictures here!
It's fun to drive a bimmer or any other fast, powerful car for that matter; agreed. But one does need to have the common sense to think about others' lives considering they don't care about theirs!
Well, IDIOTS will be IDIOTS even if they're driving a 10 crore car and money can't buy common sense...not yet.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 16:59   #8126
BHPian

Ten Kids in a Car. Travelling @ 130 for a Party

On top of that Parents giving car keys to their children. Very good, India is shining.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car.jpg  

Old 15th May 2011, 17:39   #8127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Ten Kids in a Car. Travelling @ 130 for a Party

On top of that Parents giving car keys to their children. Very good, India is shining.
Man that looks bad. What exactly happened, and how are the occupants?
How did 10 of them manage to squeeze inside the car in the first place?
Old 15th May 2011, 18:12   #8128
BHPian

As per the reports, the rear left tyre burst and car loos the control, it roll over at least 9 time before finally hitting a tree.On Mumbai-Pune Expway, near Panvel.Two were dead on spot, two are battling for the life.

Find this article

Ten kids, two dead, one mangled mess, News - City - Mumbai Mirror
Old 15th May 2011, 20:02   #8129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
As per the reports, the rear left tyre burst and car loos the control, it roll over at least 9 time before finally hitting a tree.On Mumbai-Pune Expway, near Panvel.Two were dead on spot, two are battling for the life.

Find this article

Ten kids, two dead, one mangled mess, News - City - Mumbai Mirror
It is a shocking incident. Let everyone of you request your son/daughter read this report. Atleast some of them may become wiser to save some lives in the future.

Let god give the mental strength to the families and escaped students to overcome the situation. Remember, all of them got involved due to the negligent driving of ONE USELESS GUY.

The injured students may be able to save their lives. But, with such a massive injury, imagine their remaining life. Now, every one of them will become wiser, but of no use. So, let us once more show the incident to the children to avoid such lies/thrilling drives/races.

Last edited by KMohanan : 15th May 2011 at 20:05.
Old 15th May 2011, 20:32   #8130
Senior - BHPian

6 lane expressway .Most vehicles touch 100 + speeds .No traffic cop notices an overloaded small car ( yes a Fiesta is a small car ) !!

Guess its time ,toll booth attendants should be given the authority to not let cars not meeting certain criteria ( overloaded cars,worn out tires ......) ...or atleast traffic enforcement should be positioned at these entry points .

The driver is to be blamed for sure .The system should take a bigger blame!!

Most Viewed