Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 23:08   #8401
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
I was involved in a freak accident today, or rather witness to one. And all due to rash driving by the autorickshaw driver. He overtook a tempo, by the skin of the teeth. The tempo had to swerve to the left because my auto almost hit him. On the tempo's left was another shared auto and it (the tempo) collided with the shared auto. My auto driver went on speeding as if nothing happened or so he pretended. I repeatedly told him to drive carefully and follow rules, as he just went off from the moment I sat in the auto.

Now the tempo got mighty mad and followed my auto for a good one kilometer until he caught up as we stopped in a traffic signal. And then the drama unfolded. The tempo guy and his helped got down and started bashing my auto driver left right center, in spite of my and by stander's repeated protest. The poor auto guy was in total shock. I felt bad for him, but not so bad as from now on he will not try to be rash, or at least remember this incident every time his adrenaline kicks in while driving his auto.

Have added (poorly done ) graphics for illustration.
I have no sympathies for your auto guy, and I believe you should have forced him to stop immediately after this incident (and may be helped the tempo guys to beat him up)

after all he was risking your life too - what if the tempo hadn't swerved?
Old 10th June 2011, 23:14   #8402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I have no sympathies for your auto guy, and I believe you should have forced him to stop immediately after this incident (and may be helped the tempo guys to beat him up)

after all he was risking your life too - what if the tempo hadn't swerved?
Dude, the fact that the collision indeed happened was confirmed only when the autodriver was being bashed up. And as I had said earlier, I had been telling the auto guy to driver carefully from the moment I sat on his auto.
Old 10th June 2011, 23:17   #8403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Dude, the fact that the collision indeed happened was confirmed only when the autodriver was being bashed up. And as I had said earlier, I had been telling the auto guy to driver carefully from the moment I sat on his auto.
I'm sorry, from your post (you write he continued driving as if nothing had happened - I guess he knew but sitting in the auto you couldn't know) I though you knew what he had done.

Nevertheless, in your position I wouldn't have asked for mercy for him - I might have joined the guys beating him up.

Also I don't think this #$$#$#$ would have learned any lesson that day - they never do.
Old 10th June 2011, 23:38   #8404
BHPian

Quote:
Nevertheless, in your position I wouldn't have asked for mercy for him - I might have joined the guys beating him up.
Hmmm, in that situation, you cannot just stand and watch a guy getting beaten up, irrespective of his folly.

Quote:
Also I don't think this #$$#$#$ would have learned any lesson that day - they never do.
I agree. Although he looked shaken, but I doubt he would have learnt any lessons. In fact, just after the incident (getting bashed), he almost missed a turn and just cut (diagonally) through moving traffic to take the turn.
Old 10th June 2011, 23:55   #8405
BHPian

Today while the Nano Drive campaign was going on this person stopped for fuel but after fuelling in a hurry he ended up like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00191.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00192.jpg  

Old 10th June 2011, 23:59   #8406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
Today while the Nano Drive campaign was going on this person stopped for fuel but after fuelling in a hurry he ended up like this.
Wow! The front right wheel is totally rogered! I wonder if the wheel would have suffered such damage had it been another car.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:08   #8407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look at the guy on the far left in the first picture - I had similar face after looking at the picture.

One wonders what the driver was thinking.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:12   #8408
BHPian

Quote:
Look at the guy on the far left in the first picture - I had similar face after looking at the picture.

One wonders what the driver was thinking.
O thats Thakur ji he is a Barber.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:17   #8409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
O thats Thakur ji he is a Barber.

That explains the wide grin. Barbers have their own way of looking at problems, I'm sure his customers will hear of the nano for months.

On the nano itself: what was this driver doing? there is no turn in sight anywhere close to the nano in the picture.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:22   #8410
BHPian

Quote:
That explains the wide grin. Barbers have their own way of looking at problems, I'm sure his customers will hear of the nano for months.

On the nano itself: what was this driver doing? there is no turn in sight anywhere close to the nano in the picture.
The turn is just before the the nano where few people are standing behind it, even i couldn't understand how it happened. I saw it live.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:39   #8411
Senior - BHPian

How the Nano escaped from falling head on into the trench is mystery. Safety Features?
Old 11th June 2011, 02:01   #8412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Somehow, I find this fit to be in the 'joke' thread. . Yes, the drivers logic too.
Old 11th June 2011, 02:02   #8413
BHPian

Lucky guy who drove nano even being moron to get it into this situation he was lucky not to dive into ditch and probably car going for total loss and also injuring himself and others
Old 11th June 2011, 07:21   #8414
Senior - BHPian

What I find funnier is people standing around and laughing when it just takes 5-6 guys to lift it and put it back on the road. Then there's photographers like you - clicking away but not helping :
Old 11th June 2011, 07:41   #8415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
maybe he was trying to get from the service lane to the main road, while talking on the phone Jasmeet said the guy had stopped for fuel during some sort of a drive, so in all probability he was trying to catch up

Most Viewed