Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 12:28   #8536
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What was he trying to do? did this happen while reversing in a parking lot?
I hope you have visited the *** and received an estimate by now.
My driver crashed at rear of the Bus.
Yes got the estimate.
Car will return on 27th jun.
Thank god no structural damage and no injuries.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:31   #8537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
My driver crashed at rear of the Bus.
Yes got the estimate.
Car will return on 27th jun.
Thank god no structural damage and no injuries.

If you don't mind telling - how much is it going to cost? How much will be paid by insurance (in case you are opting for that)
Old 21st June 2011, 13:00   #8538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Spotted this Swift Dzire that was converted to a Swift by accident.

Also, the guy was doing over 100kmph with this state of the car.
The idiot driving the Dzire and his accomplish sitting beside him should be put behind bars. Not only were they running a risk to their lives but also putting others in jeopardy. If even a small nut or a metal piece fell off at 100 kmph, it could have very well shattered the windshield of any car behind it and caused serious injury to people.

Also, notice that the front bumper is dislodged too. I am sure the Dzire must have been involved in a bumper-to-bumper crash.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:22   #8539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Probably a helmet would've saved the person in this case. What eye-witnesses told that they were coming at a very high speed and lost control and after hitting the divider the person hit the advertising boards head on.

That's really sad and I'm really feeling sad for his family. May his soul RIP.

Do you know what happened to the other rider who was admitted to hospital with injuries (no idea how critical was the injuries as he has already been taken to hospital by the time I reached there)?
Actually in Chennai, atleast thats wat I read from the papers, that after the new party took over, the Helmet rule for both rider and pillion has been made compulsory again! I hope this time it stays so!! and my request my dear fellow citizens, buy a ISI certified helmet and dont save 100-200 by buying a cheaper, low quality product and end up paying in lakhs for the hospital or even lose your loved ones. One can remain in sweat and can afford to loose hair but dont loose your head itself by not wearing a helmet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They could use that as an advertisement: drop it off a cliff, and it still looks like a car!
Lol sir, the rear windshield is still fully intact! May be thats a point too but anyway,this is the one thread I would like to see the least no. of posts but sadly, it is getting more no. of posts day by day.

PS: Mods, kindly merge the two posts. Excuse me for two back to back posts which should have been in a single post.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st June 2011 at 17:25.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:44   #8540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Actually in Chennai, atleast thats wat I read from the papers, that after the new party took over, the Helmet rule for both rider and pillion has been made compulsory again! I hope this time it stays so!! and my request my dear fellow citizens, buy a ISI certified helmet and dont save 100-200 by buying a cheaper, low quality product and end up paying in lakhs for the hospital or even lose your loved ones. One can remain in sweat and can afford to loose hair but dont loose your head itself by not wearing a helmet.

ISI certifications are bought by exchange of cash. Buy a good brand helmet from a good store (fakes abound too) if you really care about your head.

Also, if you don't care that much - anything (even sardarji's pagdi) is better than no protection on your head. A cheap helmet might not prevent concussion and a visit to the ICU, but will probably still save your life in almost all accidents, and prevent major injuries in most.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:56   #8541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
ISI certifications are bought by exchange of cash. Buy a good brand helmet from a good store (fakes abound too) if you really care about your head.

Also, if you don't care that much - anything (even sardarji's pagdi) is better than no protection on your head. A cheap helmet might not prevent concussion and a visit to the ICU, but will probably still save your life in almost all accidents, and prevent major injuries in most.
+1
I bought a p-180 out of the first batch, and people actually turned and looked at it.(not bragging, as youll see in a bit).
for the first few days, i was using my old studds, missing its visor, and quite badly scratched.
One day, during the running in period, i was parked a redlight, and a couple of guys on a scooter next to me were admiring the bike, and said, in hindi, "seems bhaiyya has spent all the money on the bike.didnt have an left for a helmet."

Bought that studds "golfball" helmet the next day.
A few days later got into a crash with one of those guys who cross the road like in the atari genre "frogger" game(?)
jump forward2, jump back 1, pause jump pause...

anyway, the older helmet was on a helmet lock on the rear grabrail.
when i got off the road, the golfball had a few scratches on the back.
the older abused studds on the grabrail had surprisingly broken apart, in three!!
and not from where it was mounted to the lock even!
since then helmet always on, and i dumped the golfball too after that fearing structural damage, got a bieffe.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:09   #8542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this Swift Dzire that was converted to a Swift by accident.

Also, the guy was doing over 100kmph with this state of the car.

No wonder accidents are not uncommon on our highways!
How on earth is the thing still running?!! That should have been transported on a flatbed truck. Even towing is not an option. Are these guys complete nuts to do 100kmph in a vehicle that is already falling apart in bits and pieces?!!

In a lighter vein, if the vehicle can do 100 kmph in this condition, it is only a testament to the reliability of a Maruti !!
Old 21st June 2011, 14:42   #8543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
How on earth is the thing still running?!! That should have been transported on a flatbed truck. Even towing is not an option. Are these guys complete nuts to do 100kmph in a vehicle that is already falling apart in bits and pieces?!!

In a lighter vein, if the vehicle can do 100 kmph in this condition, it is only a testament to the reliability of a Maruti !!
How I wish there was a way to cross reference threads.

Then the photos I posted would also go into the 'Bad drivers - How do you spot 'em' thread.

Oh btw this suggestion of mine would also go into 'Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians '
Old 21st June 2011, 15:24   #8544
Distinguished - BHPian

Test Time!

What's the big, big danger in driving that amazing Swift conversion, that everybody missed so far? (Granted, moving forwards, fast, might minimise it, but not eliminate it entirely)....

... ... ...

Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
~
Old 21st June 2011, 22:07   #8545
BHPian

One quick conversion! Were they also playing music? Did you get to look at them? Perhaps Jason Borne is back in India!
Old 21st June 2011, 22:52   #8546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pictures. The last picture clearly shows the true conversion. (and me too)
Doesn't seem like you are wearing the seat belt.. are you?
Old 21st June 2011, 22:57   #8547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Doesn't seem like you are wearing the seat belt.. are you?

Are you sure? I think on the neck (left mosr edge in the picture) you can see the seatbelt, gets hidden by his shirt but you can sea it again lower down.
Old 21st June 2011, 22:59   #8548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Are you sure? I think on the neck (left mosr edge in the picture) you can see the seatbelt, gets hidden by his shirt but you can sea it again lower down.
Not sure sir. The black stripe on the t shirt is not convincing me into believing its the seat belt. I could be wrong.
Old 21st June 2011, 23:20   #8549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Not sure sir. The black stripe on the t shirt is not convincing me into believing its the seat belt. I could be wrong.
You are wrong Shubz. He is wearing the seat belt. In the photograph, the seat belt runs straight, and the angle in which the picture was taken, the seat belt is almost invisible. But look closer, the seat belt is the only proper straight line in the image
Old 21st June 2011, 23:39   #8550
BHPian

saw this a day back while i was coming back from amritsar to delhi. this was somewhere near phagwara. it seemed that to avoid collision with an oncoming vehicle, the driver turned the vehicle towards the right side. and the roads were wet. so the truck slipped onto the median.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sam_1595.jpg  

Most Viewed