Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 21:29   #8701
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
The last accident in the video, what car is it ? Is it a Fiesta 1.6S ?
looked more like a Corsa to me. i could be wrong though. looks like the video of the last accident is kinda stretched.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:56   #8702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
Got this from a friend. Range Rover gets teased by Alto.

But how is this even possible? Look at the number plates.

Attachment 571739
Yup, that car looks to be in India on carnet where you can get a vehicle (be it LWD or RWD) in India for a short period of time and drive it on its original country's registration plates.
I believe even the Lambo's that had come down to Chennai some time back were on carnet.
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 23:34   #8703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The Rangie seems to have modified bumpers and grille(minimum). Which is probably the reason why the bumper has sustained so much damage with what seems like a pretty mild accident.
Those are not after-market modifications.That's a Range Rover Sport HST Super Charged. All that kit is standard fare on the HST. Here's a photograph for reference.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2010landroverrangeroversportonroad.jpg
Old 5th July 2011, 01:10   #8704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
looked more like a Corsa to me. i could be wrong though. looks like the video of the last accident is kinda stretched.
It aint India guys.

However, thumbs up to the video. It indeed creates an awareness.. atleast in intersections. I for one, will definitely slow down and watch out more in intersections.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:32   #8705
BHPian

This guy loves making himself look silly!

Old 5th July 2011, 15:51   #8706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
The last accident is not even in India. Notice the car on the right side of the road? And no, the car is not driving on the wrong side, if you notice the direction the traffic lights are facing.
Old 5th July 2011, 18:11   #8707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post

YouTube - ‪Crazy Overtaking‬‏

He probably though people will appreciate his daredevilry - may not have realized how close he is to becoming a picture on the accidents thread.

By the way: do we have a Pulp Fiction fan here?
Old 5th July 2011, 19:10   #8708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post

YouTube - ‪Crazy Overtaking‬‏
My guess is that the bike had a rider driving the bike, and a pillion rider with a camers. In that case the idiot of a rider is not wearing a helmet. He has put up proof of committing traffic violations on YouTube. Oooh sssoooo

harit
Old 5th July 2011, 19:14   #8709
BHPian

Excellent observation. You are right Amit ! YEs that accident wouldn't be in India. I didn't realise and looked at it as a 2 way road initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The last accident is not even in India. Notice the car on the right side of the road? And no, the car is not driving on the wrong side, if you notice the direction the traffic lights are facing.
Old 5th July 2011, 22:11   #8710
BHPian

Few days back I had posted this link of a guy who shoots videos on his phone while he drives. The videos are of those people who he thinks are dangerous drivers. So multitasking while driving is apparently not dangerous!

http://www.youtube.com/user/therealnavin

@vina: Pulp Fiction fan, spot on!

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2011 at 13:34. Reason: Correcting youtube link that you posted
Old 6th July 2011, 00:43   #8711
BHPian

My Punto got T-boned last month by an SX4. Accident happened around 6:30 AM at a intersection. Had slowed down,honked (there are fairly high 'island' dividers on all four sides,the kind municipal corp plants shrubs in) The guy driving in doesn't slow down and smacks me right between both the left doors. The car spun 360 deg and smashed into a divider on the direction I was driving in. Had my seat belt on so no injury as a result of the spin. The offender - if I may use the term - turned out to be someone known so asked 'bout his well being and asked him to pull over his car onto a side as it had extensive frontal damage. Both headlights gone,front bumper,fenders on either side,hissing sounds from the radiator,coolant leaking as well as the AC condensor.

Slowly eased my baby away from the divider,my face grimacing at the sound of metal against stone as I pulled her away :( No broken glasses on her,the doors still opened and closed well. Could see the outline of the side impact bars,metal draped against them. Thanked God that there was no two-wheeler or auto rickshaw in Punto's place. Neither would have stood a chance against the impact from SX4.

Have just got my car back from the dealer after over a month. Got an alloy replaced as the rear left had a chip on one of the spokes,both doors replaced,running board replaced,rear panel repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100857.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100858.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100859.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100860.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100861.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100863.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011053100864.jpg  

Old 6th July 2011, 06:13   #8712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
My Punto got T-boned last month by an SX4. Accident happened around 6:30 AM at a intersection.
I don't know the reality but assuming that it was a high speed accident since the impact sent your car into a spin before crashing into the divider, it really seems to be a high speed impact. For that kind of accident, I was expecting much more damage and I was quite surprised to see the minimal damage in the Fiat. For me, it just again reinforces the tank-like build quality that these Fiats come with. Good to hear that you did not sustain any injury and glad to know that the Punto is back in form.
Old 6th July 2011, 08:58   #8713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Punto got T-boned last month by an SX4. Accident happened around 6:30 AM at a intersection. Had slowed down,honked (there are fairly high 'island' dividers on all four sides,the kind municipal corp plants shrubs in) The guy driving in doesn't slow down and smacks me right between both the left doors. The car spun 360 deg and smashed into a divider on the direction I was driving in. Had my seat belt on so no injury as a result of the spin. The offender - if I may use the term - turned out to be someone known so asked 'bout his well being and asked him to pull over his car onto a side as it had extensive frontal damage. Both headlights gone,front bumper,fenders on either side,hissing sounds from the radiator,coolant leaking as well as the AC condensor.

Slowly eased my baby away from the divider,my face grimacing at the sound of metal against stone as I pulled her away :( No broken glasses on her,the doors still opened and closed well. Could see the outline of the side impact bars,metal draped against them. Thanked God that there was no two-wheeler or auto rickshaw in Punto's place. Neither would have stood a chance against the impact from SX4.

Have just got my car back from the dealer after over a month. Got an alloy replaced as the rear left had a chip on one of the spokes,both doors replaced,running board replaced,rear panel repaired.
Sad that the accident happened but fortunately the other car was driven by a person known to you.
You are spared from arguing with him...trust me in most of the cases, its much more worse than the accident itself.

Can you post the photos of the SX4 if you can?
And if you don't mind, what was the cost of restoring your baby back to her original shape?

Good that you were wearing the seatbelts
My earlier signature is apt here again as it is always..."God can't save lifes, seatbelts can"
Old 6th July 2011, 10:54   #8714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I don't know the reality but assuming that it was a high speed accident since the impact sent your car into a spin before crashing into the divider, it really seems to be a high speed impact. For that kind of accident, I was expecting much more damage and I was quite surprised to see the minimal damage in the Fiat. For me, it just again reinforces the tank-like build quality that these Fiats come with. Good to hear that you did not sustain any injury and glad to know that the Punto is back in form.

It is not merely the "tank like build" but also the crumple zones on the other car (read SX4) that would have helped by absorbing a lot of the energy of the crash. If both the cars had a tank-like-build someone would have been dead.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:02   #8715
BHPian

Quote:
My Punto got T-boned last month by an SX4. Accident happened around 6:30 AM at a intersection.
@Wasava, that's quite an impact, I got to say the Punto is built like a tank. Had it been a Honda City, I'd doubt much of the left side would have remained (no offense to Honda users). You mentioned that you slammed into a divider, was that on the left side itself ?

All in all, thank God none of you were hurt, damage to a car can always be repaired.

Do you have snaps of the damage to the SX4 ?

Most Viewed