Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2011, 23:33   #9676
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This is what I saw in Tumkur two weeks back. Driver must have slept off and might not have seen the exit.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_dsc2119.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2011, 12:30   #9677
Senior - BHPian

A bad accident on the Elevated road to E City in Bangalore .An Omni van had crashed into the wall at the place where the cops are usually seen once in a week with their speed guns. Looks like a high speed crash where the driver was trying to overtake from the left .

There was a huge jam and rescue personnel were working to extraciate the driver . There were 2 ambulances but no traffic police in sight !! And to add to that ,almost everyone was stopping and adding to traffic woes.
Old 2nd November 2011, 14:14   #9678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
A bad accident on the Elevated road to E City in Bangalore .An Omni van had crashed into the wall at the place where the cops are usually seen once in a week with their speed guns. Looks like a high speed crash where the driver was trying to overtake from the left .

There was a huge jam and rescue personnel were working to extraciate the driver . There were 2 ambulances but no traffic police in sight !! And to add to that ,almost everyone was stopping and adding to traffic woes.
oooh! that can't be good. the Omni's front just crumples like a papad upon impact. i hope there are no fatalities.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:46   #9679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
oooh! that can't be good. the Omni's front just crumples like a papad upon impact. i hope there are no fatalities.
It seems the omni had a tire burst !! Considering the Omni has a top speed of about 120kph ,this tire burst could only be due to underinflated tires :(

BTW ,hadnt the sidewalls been strong enough to take the impact ,this van would have crashed into the Hosur Road below and taken a few more unsuspecting victims along with it
Old 5th November 2011, 03:11   #9680
BHPian

Here's one that took place on the Ajra-Uttur road. They had overtaken us probably 20 minutes earlier and were possibly trying another overtake at a sharp curve at the spot. Thankfully the occupants got away safely with only a few niggles.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1010143.jpg  

Old 5th November 2011, 11:19   #9681
Senior - BHPian

A Honda City in this condition is really unbelievable. How could a low slung sedan could topple in this way. It must have been driven at reckless speeds. It is quite amazing to know that the occupants got away safely with only a few niggles. They were indeed very lucky.
Old 5th November 2011, 11:24   #9682
Senior - BHPian

Saw this image in a friend's facebook page
Translated as "The expenses spent towards taking accident victim to hospital will be reimbursed by respective Police Circle Inspector in the region - Kerala Police".

Don't know if its genuine or not but such initiatives, if real, need to be appreciated as the public are afraid of the financial/legal consequences which prevent them from helping accident victims.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kerala-police.jpg  

Old 5th November 2011, 12:42   #9683
Distinguished - BHPian

This happened 2 days back on a state highway near Motihari.This snap is from Hindustan newspaper.The vehicle in question is a Tata Ace.I'm still wondering how only 2 people have died as i see these vehicles stuffed with not less than 20 people at any given time!Apparently this was hit by a Bolero pickup. Details in Hindi-

http://www.livehindustan.com/news/de...atiopnvalue=21
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-041120111128.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 5th November 2011 at 12:48.
Old 5th November 2011, 13:34   #9684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
A Honda City in this condition is really unbelievable. How could a low slung sedan could topple in this way. It must have been driven at reckless speeds. It is quite amazing to know that the occupants got away safely with only a few niggles. They were indeed very lucky.
The Type II Honda City is about as stable on high speeds as a wet soap cake in a wetter soap dish. It rolls and pitches and is moody when it comes to braking at highway speeds. In fact there is nothing low slung about this version of the City and it seems to be on 'a high' at all times. I experienced this first hand after taking my brand new Type II on its maiden highway sojourn to Jaipur in 2006. Sold off the 4 month old vehicle upon return to Dilli, for a 'profit' to an 'average' obsessed motorist. Thankfully, I had retained my 1998 manufactured Type I model Old Honda City which has been the only low slung City model to date and in a different league of its own on the highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm still wondering how only 2 people have died as i see these vehicles stuffed with not less than 20 people at any given time!Apparently this was hit by a Bolero pickup. Details in Hindi-
Your observation is spot on and if I may say so 'in line' with your handle
Old 5th November 2011, 14:39   #9685
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sold off the 4 month old vehicle . . . . . to an 'average' obsessed motorist.
That is so true! I have one too! It is average at the best.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 18:53   #9686
BHPian

This Cruze appears to have hit a pavement or a divider on its left front side. Note how the stock alloys appear not to have broken up.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cruze4.png

Another Cruze with blackened Chevy emblem. I think I have seen this Cruze on Team BHP before...
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cruze2.png
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cruze3.png
Looks the it had rolled over after a frontal impact.
Old 5th November 2011, 22:33   #9687
BHPian

This truck turned turtle near Wakad on Mumbai Bangalore highway today in the afternoon. I guess he went off the road to avoid hitting something. The occupants were not seriously injured.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07644res.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07646res.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07647res.jpg  

Old 6th November 2011, 06:17   #9688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The Type II Honda City is about as stable on high speeds as a wet soap cake in a wetter soap dish. It rolls and pitches and is moody when it comes to braking at highway speeds. In fact there is nothing low slung about this version of the City and it seems to be on 'a high' at all times. I experienced this first hand after taking my brand new Type II on its maiden highway sojourn to Jaipur in 2006. Sold off the 4 month old vehicle upon return to Dilli, for a 'profit' to an 'average' obsessed motorist. Thankfully, I had retained my 1998 manufactured Type I model Old Honda City which has been the only low slung City model to date and in a different league of its own on the highways.
I own an OHC myself and, yes, it's the only 'City' which seems firmly planted. The several NHCs and even the ANHC which I test drove from the garage I frequent seem nervous at high speeds. It's difficult to understand whether they were built for city or highway driving? The low GC does not allow it to cruise easily over pot-hole and speed-breaker ridden roads of the city And the nervousness at high speeds doesn't inspire confidence on highways. Funny.
Old 6th November 2011, 08:08   #9689
Senior - BHPian

SRM A/c sleeper from Bangalore to Coimbatore met with an accident near Bhavani today morning with a diesel tanker. 7 passengers are died. Anyone has more info on this?
Old 6th November 2011, 08:47   #9690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Found this on facebook.
Looks like it is on display. but the best part is the angle at which railing starts , which has resulted in this causing no severe damage to car.

Imagine if the railing was not angled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

OMNI still finds place in top 10 vehicles sold in india.It is widely used as Taxi in many places.

I have myself survived a Roll-over in a OMNI luckily with few bruises.
MARUTI has to do something to make it safer, since i feel OMNI is as unsafe as a Auto rickshaw in head on collision

Anyone who has visited Matheran near Mumbai, would have seen OMNI taxis driven at scary speeds on that narrow ghat section.

OMNI is a hit in GHATS being a Rear Wheel drive vehicle.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th November 2011 at 13:15. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Most Viewed