Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 14:31   #976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonvaz View Post
I think its a Wagon R. Guessed it from the bumper lying there.
Yes, Wagon R I guess
Old 28th July 2008, 15:02   #977
BHPian

The poor car is a Wagon R. Look at the bumper and passanger door.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:50   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonvaz View Post
I think its a Wagon R. Guessed it from the bumper lying there.
Right first shot! Sharp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Yes, Wagon R I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
The poor car is a Wagon R. Look at the bumper and passanger door.
Indeed it is a WagonR, or used to be!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2008 at 03:15. Reason: Quoted post removed. (It was a Merc SLR, not an aircraft :) - however it was not in India hence not for this thread - its posted elsewhere on the forum)
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:48   #979
BHPian

Horrific accident (driver beaten up)

I saw this Horrific accident near cantonment station today evening at around 6.

As all sound minded Bangalorians know that the road leading towards cantonment and the under pass is a 1 way.

The white Innova was entering into this road when a bike enters this one way.. The poor Innova guy didn't see the biker and knocks him down.

The innova's bumper is fully broken see the pic. It wasn't his fault at all.
In spite of this I saw some people beating up the driver of the car. Trying to get him out of the car.

It looked like a caucasian. Maybe I'm wrong couldnt tell too much chaos around.
I still dont understand why do people like taking the law into their own hands? why not call the cops and then see what to do next?

As you can see from the pic I took it was utter chaos
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0011.jpg  

Last edited by Gregory : 3rd August 2008 at 23:50.
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:50   #980
Senior - BHPian

Saw a verna that decided to ascend a road divider near Ardee City. No cam, but hilarious. The tyres were spinning free, and the occupants were quite drunk. Not worth helping but a testimony to the power of the car to perch itself like that with little apparent damage (of course real story is underbody but still...)
Old 4th August 2008, 00:07   #981
BHPian

In India we all know, the bigger "thing" on the road is the one at fault. Be it a motorbike colliding with a car, or a car with a bus. Irrespective of the facts it is mostly taken for granted that the big boy is at fault. This is just another one of those. A pity !
Old 4th August 2008, 03:49   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senindra View Post
In India we all know, the bigger "thing" on the road is the one at fault. Be it a motorbike colliding with a car, or a car with a bus. Irrespective of the facts it is mostly taken for granted that the big boy is at fault. This is just another one of those. A pity !
Sad but true. Wana hear something even funnier? After I snapped this picture I pulled over to a traffic cop near the station. As I rolled down my window this cop stats telling me in the local langauge to move on thats when I tell him Accident behind.

cop : where?
Me: little behind
cop: which car?
me : Toyota, people beating and fighting.
cop: ok

He takes out a mobile and it seemed like he was dialing some number or just wanted to show me that he was going to do something but as soon as I left I saw that he just did nothing!

I really felt bad for this innvoa guy he did nothing wrong
Old 9th August 2008, 09:29   #983
BHPian

As far as the cops go, there are hardly of any assistance during minor accidents. They reason it out saying that there are much bigger things to attend to, rather than spend time on petty cases.

If someone is hurt quite badly, requiring medical assistance, cops can be looked upon. But for minor/ major damages to the vehicle & not the passengers inside, please do not expect them to help you out.
Old 10th August 2008, 01:50   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
As far as the cops go, there are hardly of any assistance during minor accidents. They reason it out saying that there are much bigger things to attend to, rather than spend time on petty cases.

If someone is hurt quite badly, requiring medical assistance, cops can be looked upon. But for minor/ major damages to the vehicle & not the passengers inside, please do not expect them to help you out.
someone was being beaten up badly. i think that very much requires the attention of the law enforcement. at that point nothing else could be more important.
Old 12th August 2008, 10:30   #985
BHPian

Lambo crash

India’s most expensive car crash!! A Lambo LP 640 !!

India’s most expensive car crash!! A Lambo LP 640 !! | Indian Autos blog
Sorry if this is repost or on some other thread.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:10   #986
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...nt-bombay.html
Old 21st August 2008, 12:08   #987
BHPian

A death trap called Maruti Omni

Yesterday, in an accident 8 people travelling in an Omni died. Here is the "The Hindu" report.

8 die in van-bus collision
The van was crushed beyond recognition in the impact

OUT OF SHAPE: Mangled remains of a van that collided head on with a private bus at Podhupatti near Palani on Wednesday.

PALANI: Eight persons, including three women of a family, were killed on the spot when their van proceeding to Udumalpet from Porulur collided head on with a bus at Podhupatti village, 20 km away from here, on Wednesday.
They were returning home from Porulur after taking part in a ceremony in their family temple, the police said.
The deceased were identified as Rajagopal (50), Gurunathan (29), Bangarusamy (49), his wife Vasanthamani (40), Krishnaswamy (52), his wife Rajamani (47), Ranganathan and his wife Saradhamani (40) of Udumalpet.
The van was crushed beyond recognition in the impact. The roof was ripped apart and window panes and body frames were damaged.
The bus driver fled from the scene. The fire and police personnel struggled for an hour to remove bodies from the van. The bodies were transported in three ambulances to Palani Government Hospital for post mortem. Superintendent of Police A. Pari inspected the accident spot.
Local people said that they could not remove the bodies as the front portion of the van was caught below the bus.
The deceased and their relatives were travelling in two vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident20in20tn.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2008, 14:10   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Today a friends newly bought Dzire toppled. It was driven by his son, along with her sister and her small kids. All of them scaped unscratched. beleive me not even a single scratch. Just that the daughter fainted with shock. You can call it their good luck or swift's better built.
Everybody was praising the Dzire's robustness, but I was thinking the other way round. How can it topple on plain road as shown below?
any ideas people.?

Attachment 31686

Attachment 31687

Attachment 31688

Attachment 31689

Attachment 31690

Attachment 31691
Is this mystery resolved yet?
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:28   #989
Senior - BHPian

This is what happens when one is in a hurry, in the rains and on the hills.
Thank god people in the car were saved, and the car was not thrown in the valley, but the car was severly damaged.

This happened in the Chamoli region, Uttarakhand. The exact location is 20 km from Joshimath and 15 km before Pipalkoti.

I dont know what exactly happened, but the locals told me that the person driving the Innova was on the way to Delhi, and it was raining very heavily. The landslide had just taken place and the people maning the landslide told the guy to wait, but he must have thought that they could pass through, so they tried to race ahead and the boulders started falling on the car. He must have realised in time and started reversing the car so some of the boulders damaged the left passenger door, the windshield and the major impact was taken by the engine compartment.

This again teaches us and makes us remember to respect nature at all times...
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0429.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0432.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0433.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0434.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0430.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2008, 23:30   #990
Senior - BHPian

harjeev saab, interestingly, the innova was a V top end car - the gent should've read your signature really

but if that's happened to an innova - wonder what could've happened to an m800!!!!!

Most Viewed