Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 16:31   #9886
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Did the bus drivers vision flip over 180 degrees or something? No skid marks on the road to indicate that the bus avoided something on the right and veered to the left.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:48   #9887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Did the bus drivers vision flip over 180 degrees or something? No skid marks on the road to indicate that the bus avoided something on the right and veered to the left.
Looks like he just missed the curve and went ahead straight, an awful way to wake up from a nap, I must say!

Any casualties?
Old 12th December 2011, 17:12   #9888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Article Window

Tragic accident. Lets wait for the reports !
Sad indeed. Loss of young lives that could have been easily avoided.
I am always amazed at the ability of eyewitnesses to judge the speed of a moving vehicle accurately.
And the last pic in the article screams frame up.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 17:45   #9889
Senior - BHPian

That Mumbai accident is sad to say the least. Bunch of 18 years old with a fancy car, under the influence, a perfect recepie for disaster. Point is, how was a nightclub open till 5AM?

May their souls RIP and may god give strength to the family of those deceased.

Amitoj: +1 to that. How can eye witnesses guess the speed of a car? The last pic does seem like a randomly clicked snap.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 12th December 2011 at 17:48.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:46   #9890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I am always amazed at the ability of eyewitnesses to judge the speed of a moving vehicle accurately.
Yes, I can never understand how people could guess the speed so accurately just by looking at the car. May be our police force should employ them instead of speed guns and other expensive equipment. Sensationalizing news has become a common trait with a lot of media houses and they never care for verification of facts. This can lead to cases where the actual cause of an accident could be something else but due to some statements like this, that actual cause could get hidden completely.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:56   #9891
BHPian

Quote:
Tragic to say the least. The mangled Accord lends credence that it may have been driven at high speeds but I too have my suspicions on the "liquor bottles found near the car" pic.

The bottles seem to be of country liquor and in perfect shape without a scratch. Its mentioned in the TOI report that these 'rich spolit kids' were at a party in an upmarket lounge till 5am. Why would they be carrying "country liquor" in their car which then fell out near the car in a bunch after the horrific crash?

It's already a terrible tragedy for the families of these young boys and I am sure they dont need everyone forming opinions based on these initial reports which may be baseless.

RIP.

Last edited by nix1976in : 12th December 2011 at 17:57.
nix1976in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 19:43   #9892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
. .
Is this Wayanad? Please post more details...Seems the bus driver failed to turn the steering wheel in time on this downward gradient
Old 12th December 2011, 19:44   #9893
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you on the bottle pics being framed.

Im thinking of the parents, who would have let the kid a high performance car , let him drink at 18 yrs of age, and let him party till wee hours of morning.

An 18 year old is an 18 year old. He acts immature.Ended up killing himself and 3 others.

Reminds me of Azhar's son in the bike. Same story minus the booze ??

Kids should be taught to do what they can at that age. Parental control is a key element in saving lives too.
Old 12th December 2011, 19:53   #9894
BANNED

Saw this on the NH 7! On way to Suchitra X Roads from bowenpally.

Don't have the details of this but it felt like case of drunken driving may be.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10122011044.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10122011045.jpg  

Old 12th December 2011, 20:34   #9895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
That Mumbai accident is sad to say the least. Bunch of 18 years old with a fancy car, under the influence, a perfect recepie for disaster. Point is, how was a nightclub open till 5AM?

May their souls RIP and may god give strength to the family of those deceased.

Amitoj: +1 to that. How can eye witnesses guess the speed of a car? The last pic does seem like a randomly clicked snap.
I don't understand how is a nightclub being open till X am is related to the incident at all. Even thought clubs shut at 11:30pm here, accident still happen.

Also, just because the car had an accident doesnt mean they were under influence of alcohol. Let me test results come out and only then its fair to comment on what the kids were doing.
Old 12th December 2011, 23:34   #9896
BHPian

Four young men lost to a bout of "induced" adrenalin rush - what a tragedy. My heart felt condolences to their families.

The manner and degree to which that Accord was left mangled, brings forth the horror those four lives faced before they succumbed. I saw this Mercedes Benz ad, where the car is travelling on an Autobahn, and tumbles many times over, but its' occupants survive. However no such luck here given the hard impact with a tree.

I seriously doubt if any occupant (regardless of the maker/model) could have survived this kinda crash.
Old 13th December 2011, 09:34   #9897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I agree with you on the bottle pics being framed.

Im thinking of the parents, who would have let the kid a high performance car , let him drink at 18 yrs of age, and let him party till wee hours of morning.

An 18 year old is an 18 year old. He acts immature.Ended up killing himself and 3 others.

Reminds me of Azhar's son in the bike. Same story minus the booze ??

Kids should be taught to do what they can at that age. Parental control is a key element in saving lives too.
Absolutely agree with this. I'll say other road users were plain lucky not to come into these idiots path and lost there life.
Old 13th December 2011, 10:32   #9898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I don't understand how is a nightclub being open till X am is related to the incident at all. Even thought clubs shut at 11:30pm here, accident still happen.

Also, just because the car had an accident doesnt mean they were under influence of alcohol. Let me test results come out and only then its fair to comment on what the kids were doing.
The more time a night club, where liquor is served and people spend their energies on jumping and other such "social" activities, is open the more the chances of people over drinking and hence the more the chances that they end up in these incidents.

I know where you are coming from; it is not yet proven that the guy at the wheel is drunk and it is bad to jump the guns, but liquor or not, spending the whole night at a night club would have its toll and driving at insane speeds after that is, as evident, precarious.
anilisanil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 12:13   #9899
Senior - BHPian

Bus drivers in Kerala got some exceptional talents
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-376134_264933250218867_100001065827071_846409_862776233_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-383938_324602680884627_100000046945272_1318084_427476154_n.jpg  

Anand123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 13:04   #9900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post

We have drinking regulations by terms of age right !! Even if its 1030 as in case of Bangalore, if your son is 18 and is in a night club should worry a parent. Especially if he has been the keys of a high performance car.

Most Viewed