Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 11:47   #10366
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Finally and silently this bridge over VJLR is thrown open for public, but with two structures in middle on both sides for drunk and not so drunk drivers to crash into. marveling road designs

Guess which side will have a accident first? or has it already happened!

The last photo was about a honda city few days back over the flyover, a female could not drive straigh on the open flyover, how is she going to negotiate this blocks down it?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cimg1585.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cimg1582.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cimg1579.jpg  

Last edited by gigy : 13th February 2012 at 11:50.
gigy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 12:04   #10367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Guys this incident is really gruesome

Lorry driver runs vehicle over bus driver, IBN Live News
Ran into someone similar yesterday(12th Feb,Sunday) on Bannerghata Road around 9 pm IST.An idiot driving a WB - 5X-XXXX Maroon Alto ( forgot to take down this number ) just missed rear ending another driver on the road and swerved to the left to avoid him .Hadnt I braked ,he would have crashed into us .On top of that ,he was swearing at everyone on the road.In the space of another 100 metres he repeated this stunt of this couple of times barely avoiding other cars and bikes.

When this Zen ( not me ) pulled up besides him and questioned him ,this driver tried to ram his car into the other driver in a Zen ! On top of that he was not allowing this Zen driver to move ahead of him .Dunno how I would have reacted if it was me in the other car . The poor Zen driver tried to catch this guy in the alto by following him ,trying to open his door ...but this Alto driver pulled off a U turn right in front of a speeding bus and just fled .All this not before cutting across traffic and just managing to avoid hitting other vehicles .This was straight out of the movies and we were just stunned !

All I can remember was that this was some young guy wearing spectacles .Wifey asking me to ignore all this as she didnt want me to end up with more fractured fingers .

We stopped by the other Zen and checked on the driver .He had hurt his hand trying to bang open the door of the Alto .The lady on the other seat in the front was crying .

We moved on after seeing that they were okay !
Old 13th February 2012, 14:46   #10368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Finally and silently this bridge over VJLR is thrown open for public, but with two structures in middle on both sides for drunk and not so drunk drivers to crash into. marveling road designs
But what are those holes on the road there for? What structures are those?

And you sure have got a vantage point there to check the traffic conditions.
Old 13th February 2012, 15:10   #10369
BHPian

Quote:
This is a recipe for disaster. Can't the public question such glaring errors in infrastructure? People will have to pay for some idiots fault with their lives. This is just not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
No Proper details. A drunk restaurant owner driving at crazy speeds in narrow lane in Shivajinagar late night lost control and rammed into a road side shed injuring one person very seriously. Same old Case. After the Cash flows the Case will be closed.
This SUV was driven by Empire hotel owner. The injuired person has lost his leg but doesn't want to file a case.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th February 2012 at 22:01. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Thanks.
Old 13th February 2012, 18:07   #10370
Senior - BHPian

Read about an accident in Pune in yesterday's newspaper where a businessman driver ran over two 5 year old kids somewhere in the Swargate area. The girl died while her cousin was critically injured. Apparently the driver took them kids to the hospital.
Has this been reported here yet?
Old 13th February 2012, 22:13   #10371
Senior - BHPian

Another accident on the NH4 bypass near Balewadi. My family knew one them personally.

R.I.P.

City shuttlers die in accident at Balewadi - The Times of India

Sakaal Times - Two top city shuttlers killed in road mishap
Old 14th February 2012, 17:32   #10372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Another incomplete bridge being thrown open to use - this time everyone will only thank the contractor !

A lot of bikers are going into the un complete and open structures for sure, specially at night !

btw - where have you shot these pics from ? From the church near IIT, from the new Radisson hotel ...where?

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th February 2012 at 17:47. Reason: spelling error corrected.
Old 14th February 2012, 17:56   #10373
Senior - BHPian

From my house window at 33x zoom.
I am already seeing people driving in X pattern there, and almost crashing against each other if not falling into the bunkers.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:13   #10374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The last photo was about a honda city few days back over the flyover, a female could not drive straigh on the open flyover, how is she going to negotiate this blocks down it?
Quote:
From my house window at 33x zoom.
I am already seeing people driving in X pattern there, and almost crashing against each other if not falling into the bunkers.

The contractor could have just extended the left most arm of the bridge till that opening. There is no probability why a motorist from under the flyover would want to drive to the right most corner. This would avert so many accidents. A simple 1-foot concrete median could do the trick.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:22   #10375
Senior - BHPian

I think something has already happened there , saw a tow truck in wrong direction, could not figure out what was behind it.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cimg1587.jpg  

Old 14th February 2012, 19:04   #10376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy
I think something has already happened there , saw a tow truck in wrong direction, could not figure out what was behind it.
The problem has not been solved. The fly over has three lanes which merged into 2 earlier. Also traffic from below the fly over used to merge into these 2 lanes.

After this new design, the traffic coming from below the fly over will have a easy flow but those from the fly over still will have to merge into 2 lanes....epic fail.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:20   #10377
BANNED

Some pics that I clicked today on the ORR!

The crash involving the tanker. But I guess its was a Oil Tanker. People were pouring mud on the road and it felt sticky. Say about 100m from there new road was laid.

What a deadly accident. The front axle has come off and the engine parts were seen clearly.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-14022012207.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-14022012208.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-14022012209.jpg

Here is another minor accident. An overtaking gone wrong. Happened live just behind me.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12022012201.jpg
Old 15th February 2012, 00:52   #10378
BHPian

@Gigy and Normally_Crazy: Boys. Last night i was driving towards thane and believe me i saw this stupid maze opened for traffic. I was confused for a moment as I was driving at good 80 kms after the turn from under the Gandhinagar flyover.

But what was worse last night was a badly mangled auto rickshaw at the start of the maze and a Vento lying on its roof at the other end of the flyover. Heard the other rickshaw guys saying that the Vento was being driven at high speed and they saw the car in the air before it could land. It was a total mess. Unfortunately could not click pics as i thought it would be a gruesome sight. The accident had just happened.
Old 15th February 2012, 02:34   #10379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
@Gigy and Normally_Crazy: Boys. Last night i was driving towards thane and believe me i saw this stupid maze opened for traffic. I was confused for a moment as I was driving at good 80 kms after the turn from under the Gandhinagar flyover.

But what was worse last night was a badly mangled auto rickshaw at the start of the maze and a Vento lying on its roof at the other end of the flyover. Heard the other rickshaw guys saying that the Vento was being driven at high speed and they saw the car in the air before it could land. It was a total mess. Unfortunately could not click pics as i thought it would be a gruesome sight. The accident had just happened.
So the counter has started ticking. It must be this crumbled auto which was towed in the earlier picture.
Old 15th February 2012, 13:07   #10380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The crash involving the tanker.
Hey, what was that sad-looking heap of crumpled metal in the third picture?
It is so badly damaged that I can't make out what vehicle it was. Did anyone survive?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks