Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2006, 00:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

hey folks completely agree with what iraghava has 2 say. Trust me it was a foggy morning and I have pictures taken on that day from my cam' while in the traffic pile up.
Like heavy_foot said, the truck dint have tail lamps and could have contributed to this. I am sure most of you guys know how these cabbies drive.Lets just hope that the people in the cab were safe.
Had a personal experience once when my cab crashed into a stationery bus on Hosur road.Since then I only use the company bus because its safer atleast .
Old 14th December 2006, 00:18   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Saw this last friday when I was driving to Chennai at about 7 in the morning. No idea what happened here, but looked like a real mess.
This happened near the BMIC flyover construction site on hosur road.Pretty close to the BMW showroom.

This accident happened at around 2:00AM. I was returning home from work at around 2:30AM and i happened to c this accident. The whole of hosur road was blocked. The cab it seems was ferrying some Wipro/progeon employees when it met with the accident.
Old 14th December 2006, 10:37   #93
BHPian

Looks like it is a rash overtake attempt by cabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
This accident happened at around 2:00AM. I was returning home from work at around 2:30AM and i happened to c this accident. The whole of hosur road was blocked. The cab it seems was ferrying some Wipro/progeon employees when it met with the accident.
I feel the cabbie was trying to overtake the truck from left without leaving much distance between them. The possibility id truck suddenly slowed down or stopped resulting in cabbie hitting its rear.

If it was a stalled/ parked truck the cabbie would have seen it a little earlier than this and wouls have tried applying brakes. There do not seem to be any tire marks around in the photographs.
Old 16th December 2006, 14:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Just witnessed another car topple

hey folks was an eye witness to this car topple on the Ring Road(Near BEL) on my way back home in the afternoon.

The happened because a mule in the disguise of a human tried to cross the service road when the car was approaching.
The person driving the car was in his late 50's tried avoiding the mule and rammed into a tree on the left side and the car toppled. Poor man was hurt on his forearms and was bleeding badly.
Trust me the accident could have even been worse for the man, but he was wearing the seatbelt. Took 8/9 of us to turn the car around and get the man out.
The lousie cop in the picture thinks he is some top ranking official and was giving directions to turn the car around. My frend lost it and shouted at the cop asking to call for a Hoysala @least to get the man to the hospital.

Thanks to one of the persons, who drove the man to the hospital.

Once thing I would like to emphasize here, I called Sanjeevni and they never turned up for abt 30 mins. Lets say if someone needs urgent medical help, does this service come in to use @ all ?
Why do we need such a service in town when they cant arrive on time? I know where the Sanjeevni ambulance is parked on the Ring Road. Am sure if I had to drive my car in 30kmph from the spot where the ambulance is parked it would take me a max. of 15 mins to get to the accident spot.

I have just lost trust in these people and our cops who is just a bunch of loosers who dont care for the public .

PS: Couldnt take anymore pics because it wouldnt look nice on my part and
my better half had a flight to catch.
rjstyles69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2006, 21:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

Another horrific crash ......In PGT-TCR National Highway.

Vehicles Involved : Maruti Van , Bajaj Auto , Tata 6 tonner.

Description of Accident :

An Auto and a Van the latter following the former on one way and the truck coming opposite to it. Basically truck was trying to make a high speed overtaking manouvre which exactly ddint work the way the driver had worked out in his mind . Here he was expecting the auto the slowdown seeing his initiative to make the move instead the auto kept his line thinking the truck driver would get back in the line sadly both were wrong about their perceptions.The Auto tried to brake at the last moment only causing the Driver following to panic whihc made him hit right at the back of Auto and sadly the truck driver never got any room to get back in line , all he could do was ram the Auto head on . Ultimately the end result is that Auto got sandwiched between both of them , sadly The people inside the auto died (a driver and a passenger)right at the scene .

Old 19th December 2006, 22:25   #96
BANNED

Horrible!! Really horrible!
I am going to buy a bullet proof truck soon!
Old 20th December 2006, 10:48   #97
Team-BHP Support

The lorry than ran over itself!!!

I didnt see how this happened...

Was in a decent road in the city, at around 10am... In rush hour traffic...

The crowd said, he was kinda speeding and braked and chasis broke... Dont know how this happened, inside the city.. Couldnt have been doing more than 45- 50 anyway...

Sorry about poor quality... (Cam- phone only costs 4k... So...)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th December 2006 at 10:50.
Old 20th December 2006, 11:10   #98
BHPian

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I didnt see how this happened...

Was in a decent road in the city, at around 10am... In rush hour traffic...

The crowd said, he was kinda speeding and braked and chasis broke... Dont know how this happened, inside the city.. Couldnt have been doing more than 45- 50 anyway...
It may have to do with the quality of the chassis and maintenance too. These guys go to some local repair fella for welding, etc... to cut costs.
Old 20th December 2006, 15:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Horrific crash..!!
Unbelievable....The driver survived but the rear passenger didnt....

Old 20th December 2006, 15:51   #100
Senior - BHPian

Old 23rd December 2006, 13:56   #101
BHPian

Nh1

Accident on NH1..

Old 23rd December 2006, 14:03   #102
BHPian

On NH-1:

Old 28th December 2006, 20:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

saw this wrecked santro at the hyundai service station.

Old 28th December 2006, 20:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Saw this wreck a few months back in Pune near pashankar auto.. no idea what happened.. was passing by in a bus..

Old 30th December 2006, 21:16   #105
BHPian

Still confused how could be the chassis broke into two..

last year also i heard that chassis of a private bus broke at high speed resulting in overturning of the bus.. that was also in kerala...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks