Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 14:33   #12136
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
Saw this funny accident near Sankey Tank in Sadashivanagar (Bangalore). The driver of this bolero maxitruck misjudged the height of his own vehicle while stopping at a roadside pharmacy. Probably he came at a high speed and stopped suddenly in front of the shop to deliver some stuff. The tree did considerable damage to the vehicle and it broke the bolero into two pieces. The chassis itself got damaged severly.
Really funny. Staright out of comic books or cartoon shows. Just shows howmuch damage 1 silly mistake can make
Old 13th October 2012, 14:42   #12137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Poor Bolero But it's funny! What would they now do to it? Saw it in half and then weld it back together ?
Probably, thus creating an inherently weak and dangerous vehicle just ready to feature in another accident report
Old 13th October 2012, 16:17   #12138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m
Any idea about what really happened and the condition of the occupant(s)?
Hit the kerb and flipped over while swerving to avoid the dog. No major injury to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7
What's the man with a gun and a purse doing there? He looks like a security guard...And whose purse can he be carrying?
LOL.... Guarding the purse!
Old 13th October 2012, 23:07   #12139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Locals say a dog walked across the road and did this to the car. Strong dog!
Attachment 999793

Attachment 999794

Attachment 999796

And for those who have been so curious about taking a good look at the underside of an i20, here goes...
Attachment 999797

Attachment 999799

BTW, this was at Rajnagar Extension this morning.
Can't even make out which car it is..
Which car is this?
Old 13th October 2012, 23:31   #12140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Can't even make out which car it is..
Which car is this?
Its an i20 , not the i-gen one
Old 13th October 2012, 23:46   #12141
BHPian

Spotted this wreck last night at the corner of MG road-GGN-FBD/Golf course road connectivity road. At first I couln't recognise the car. On closer inspection, realised it's a Vento. This corner is a high speed left from MG road to the GGN-FBD connectivity road.

I saw this fairly late at night and hence no idea on how it happened and what happened to the occupants. Looks like the driver took the turn hard and went over the divider and turned turtle. Front airbags deployed and looks like there were at least two occupants (driver + front passenger).
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vento-crash.jpg  

Old 13th October 2012, 23:51   #12142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Its an i20 , not the i-gen one
It is the i-gen i20. Check out the fog lamps.
Old 14th October 2012, 10:29   #12143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
The damage to the car on the other side (which is not visible in these pictures) seems to be more.
So you wanted to see the left side of the car? Your wish is my command!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-left-side.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 11:06   #12144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So you wanted to see the left side of the car? Your wish is my command!

Thanks! The fragments lying out are parts of the left fender I suppose, but their patterns strikingly resemble those of floor mats..

Also there are some bits seen on the roof at the rear, probably some parts of the interior upholstery. With NCAP rating 5 star, I guess the car must have done really well to protect the occupants.
Old 14th October 2012, 11:51   #12145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Spotted this wreck last night at the corner of MG road-GGN-FBD/Golf course road connectivity road. At first I couln't recognise the car. On closer inspection, realised it's a Vento. This corner is a high speed left from MG road to the GGN-FBD connectivity road.

I saw this fairly late at night and hence no idea on how it happened and what happened to the occupants. Looks like the driver took the turn hard and went over the divider and turned turtle. Front airbags deployed and looks like there were at least two occupants (driver + front passenger).

Woah, that looks like quite a roll over. It's reached some way off from the left turn on the opposite side.
I had posted a picture of an overturned corolla altis some pages back in the exact same spot!! This road is turning out to be quite an accident spot at night, when traffic is less and the lights are on blinkers. Especially after the road has been resurfaced!

Last edited by promit : 14th October 2012 at 11:55.
Old 14th October 2012, 15:14   #12146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
That's a horrifying accident indeed. Was the Endeavour a new one or a customer vehicle?
The Endeavour belonged to a doctor who handed over the steering wheel after he arrived at his destination. The driver apparently was a temporary replacement of his permanent driver who had no experience whatsoever driving automatics. I wonder how people hand over the keys of their vehicles costing lakhs and crores to some person whom they barely know and care about. I don't even hand over the keys of my humble Ritz to the valets guys and prefer parking myself.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 15:48   #12147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SS-Traveller
Doc you are morphing in to a Genie!! LOL

That is the wheel well liner, does look like a carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Thanks! The fragments lying out are parts of the left fender I suppose, but their patterns strikingly resemble those of floor mats..

Are you referring to the lights at the intersection where the road from Faridabad intersects the road coming from the marble market and going towards sector 51 ?

The accident spot here is in front of the Pullman hotel. This is the left hander between the marble market and the IOC Sikandarpur pump. Some people see the turn very late and tend to overshoot in to the median others zoom in at triple digit+ speeds and are taken by surprise as the curve just tightens up on them before straightening up. Quite a few are aided in their flight with inputs from the vend that has opened up in the recent past close to the border as one enters HR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Woah, that looks like quite a roll over. It's reached some way off from the left turn on the opposite side.
I had posted a picture of an overturned corolla altis some pages back in the exact same spot!! This road is turning out to be quite an accident spot at night, when traffic is less and the lights are on blinkers. Especially after the road has been resurfaced!

Last edited by khoj : 14th October 2012 at 15:51.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 18:45   #12148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Are you referring to the lights at the intersection where the road from Faridabad intersects the road coming from the marble market and going towards sector 51 ?

The accident spot here is in front of the Pullman hotel. This is the left hander between the marble market and the IOC Sikandarpur pump.
Yes, I was speaking about the entire road. The road which connects mg road to the golf course road. It starts where this vento toppled and connects to the golf course road near Dlf central park. It has its fair share of sweeping turns and even a 90 degree turn and a 4 way intersection. I use this road almost everyday. I see a car or two lying very frequently early mornings or late at night.
Old 16th October 2012, 08:19   #12149
BHPian

Saw two accidents today morning on my way to office.
The first one was just after the Agara fly-over. An Indigo (yellow board) banged into the back of a truck carrying steel rods. The left side of the car was badly smashed. Don't know further details.
The second one was opposite to Vrindavan Tech Village. An Indica (yello board) was hit by a truck coming on the high speed lane, in the opposite direction . Seems like the truck guy was trying to save some 500m. Instead of going under the fly-over and taking a turn, he decided to cut across on-coming traffic to enter the service road on the opposite side. I could not click pictures as it was getting crowded by the minute.
Old 16th October 2012, 08:24   #12150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Saw two accidents today morning on my way to office.
The first one was just after the Agara fly-over. An Indigo (yellow board) banged into the back of a truck carrying steel rods. The left side of the car was badly smashed. Don't know further details.
The second one was opposite to Vrindavan Tech Village. An Indica (yello board) was hit by a truck coming on the high speed lane, in the opposite direction . Seems like the truck guy was trying to save some 500m. Instead of going under the fly-over and taking a turn, he decided to cut across on-coming traffic to enter the service road on the opposite side. I could not click pictures as it was getting crowded by the minute.
Truck guy must've taken revenge. Indica yellow board and Truck in both.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks