http://www.indianexpress.com/news/nr...-told/1022302/
Old 26th October 2012, 13:06   #12167
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Posting an excerpt:

Quote:
A 48-year-old NRI IT consultant was crushed to death by his own car after his seven-year-old son accidentally released the handbrake while looking for sweets, an inquest into the six month old incident has heard.
According to a report in the Daily Mail, Pratik Pandya tried to stop the car containing his boy rolling away when he was killed on his driveway.
This occured in London.
Do people have the habit of just using hand brake and not first gear or parking brake? I never knew that people do such things!

PS: I think there is a thread in International Automotive Scene for accidents.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:21   #12168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit
Sharing some old pictures I have with me! Its over 3 years old. Fortunately, nobody lost their lives.
That's a horrific crash! Can you share the details of how it happened, if its ok with you.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:29   #12169
BHPian

Got this from my Friend. One Guy (Dead) received a Divorce Notice from his Wife. Upset about the Divorce Notice, he called three of his friends and they went on a drinking spree. The Driver and one more person is critically injured. Another Person and the Guy who received the Divorcee Notice is dead. All the four are unemployed. The Accident occurred on Airoli -Mulund Link Road on August 15, 2012 Morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acciden.jpg  

Old 26th October 2012, 21:37   #12170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It is a bit too red for blood. It is brake fluid!
But dont you think,the quantity is too much,and if it were oil,it would still be sticky fluid,but it seems to have dried out on the other side of the car.And cars usually come with DOT4 fluid these days which is transparent.
Not nitpicking,but just my opinion.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 26th October 2012 at 21:44.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:54   #12171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
But dont you think,the quantity is too much,and if it were oil,it would still be sticky fluid,but it seems to have dried out on the other side of the car.And cars usually come with DOT4 fluid these days which is transparent.
Not necessarily. Oils break up and seep into tarmac. So it will not be sticky.
Old 27th October 2012, 00:21   #12172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It is a bit too red for blood. It is brake fluid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
In all likeliness, it is blood. Like I said earlier the person in the front passenger seat wasn't wearing his seat belt and he got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That's a horrific crash! Can you share the details of how it happened, if its ok with you.
This accident happened in 2009. The place where it happened,is a sweeping right turn and the road dips as well.Its quite a wide road. The car was carrying to much speed, misjudged the turn,struck something on the left of the road lost control and rolled a few times.
I've also been told the first impact sheared off the left front wheel before the car became airborne.
Old 27th October 2012, 08:11   #12173
Senior - BHPian

Gruesome Accident in Hyderabad

Quote:
A shooting sequence in a television serial took a bizarre turn after an actor allegedly lost control of a car and ran over a five-year-old boy, killing him on the spot, and injured another girl, at Ashoknagar in Chandanagar here on Friday.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-27th_accident_1249229g.jpg

Credits: The Hindu
Old 27th October 2012, 10:03   #12174
Senior - BHPian

Centre of gravity practical session at al amen engg college
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image4221081219.jpg  

foby.sebastian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 21:24   #12175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Locals say a dog walked across the road and did this to the car. Strong dog!
Attachment 999793

And for those who have been so curious about taking a good look at the underside of an i20, here goes...

BTW, this was at Rajnagar Extension this morning.
Too much damage caused by a *DOG*

What car is this btw?
Old 27th October 2012, 21:40   #12176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Too much damage caused by a *DOG*

What car is this btw?
The car in the pic is new facelifted i20.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 29th October 2012, 17:07   #12177
BHPian

15 MONTHS AFTER ACCIDENT ON MUMBAI-PUNE EXPRESSWAY LEFT HIM PARALYSED...

Diamond trader’s children killed in Expressway crash

The victims were on the way to Lonavala; driver also dead while family friend battles for life Barely 15 months after Walkeshwar resident Sanjeev Shah–one of Mumbai’s biggest diamond traders – was left paralysed in a car crash on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, his two children and the family driver were killed in an accident on the Expressway on Saturday evening, while on the way to their Lonavala house. The lone survivor is a 19-year-old woman a family friend who has been admitted to Breach Candy Hospital with serious injuries.

Preliminary investigations revealed that around 5.30 pm, the Honda City carrying the victims rammed into a truck, which skidded off the jack because of the impact, and partially landed on the car, barely 50 mts before the first tunnel on thee-way. The victims–Shah’s 19-year-old daughter Ria and eight-year-old son Ruansh, Ria’s friend Nurie, and the driver, Shyam Mandal, 24 were rushed to MGM Hospital in Panvel, where Ria and Mandal were declared dead at the time of admission, while Ruansh succumbed to injuries a couple of hours later. An unconscious Nurie was brought to Breach Candy Hospital early on Sunday.

Sanjeev Shah’s brother Paresh said that fate has been most unkind to the family, which has battled one crisis after another, starting with Shah’s wife Roopa succumbing to cancer in 2009. In July last year, Shah met with an accident on the e-way while on the way to Pune from Lonavla, while left him in coma for several months. He regained consciousness, only to find that his memory had been wiped out, and the right side of his body paralysed.

Shah had begun to recognise his children only a couple of months ago, although he still hasn’t regained speech. Shah’s son Ruansh, then seven, was sitting in his father’s lap when their car had rammed into a truck last year, but the boy escaped with bruises, Paresh said.

“Ruansh was sketching the National Flag on Saturday afternoon ,and said he would finish the sketch after his return from Lonavla,” said the boy’s cousin, Saahil, “Never in our wildest dreams did we imagine he will be involved in another car accident.” The family has offices in Dubai, and has extensive business dealings with diamond traders in South Africa, sources said.

An officer from Panvel police station said the mangled remains of the Honda City suggested the car had crashed at an “extremely high speed”. He said, “The safety air bags had jutted out, but the truck crushed the car. We are looking at the CCTV footage to find out the cause.” Assistant Inspector L Tambe from Khalapur police station said, “We rushed the victims to MGM Hospital, but doctors couldn’t save three of them.”

Not much is known at this stage about the survivor, Nurie, except that she resided in south Mumbai, studied mass media with Ria at KC College, and often visited the Shah family at their house at Sharda Kalash building.

Paresh said, “The children had set out for Lonavala on Ruansh’s insistence, and Ria asked Nurie to accompany them.In just three years, my brother lost his wife and two children, besides suffering a terrible accident that left him bedridden. We are worried about his other son, Rujeeb, who is completely shaken by the accident.”

Note: The aforesaid news extract has been taken from Mumbai Mirror dated 29th Oct, 2012. Page No. 12

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1351509074781
Old 29th October 2012, 19:25   #12178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Centre of gravity practical session at al amen engg college
Looks like the lesson is still in progress . Students have gathered just beneath the wall and bus can topple over them or even retaining wall can break.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:58   #12179
Senior - BHPian

Saw this yellow(probably a school van) Qualis on its side at Faridabad road crossing on 'Pahari Wala rasta' today morning. Few guys were trying to push it on its wheels.

I hope no kids were there in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-201210300067.jpg  

Old 30th October 2012, 19:47   #12180
BHPian

Quote:
This accident happened in 2009. The place where it happened,is a sweeping right turn and the road dips as well.Its quite a wide road. The car was carrying to much speed, misjudged the turn,struck something on the left of the road lost control and rolled a few times.
I've also been told the first impact sheared off the left front wheel before the car became airborne.
Any idea what the actual speed was, I am really amazed at the safety of the civic with an accident like this, where no one got hurt badly. I know for a fact cars don't save you but only safe driving, but still this does send a chill down my spine..

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st November 2012 at 12:16. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks