Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 19:01   #12376
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Amazing coincidence that the same bus is now featuring in the Accidents in India thread within a couple of months of its hitting the road
Dear me! I posted the bus' image only to illustrate an overladen bus. This bus did not meet any accident. The original accident that i was referring happened at Chennai, it was an MTC bus.

Last edited by ramzsys : 10th December 2012 at 19:02.
Old 11th December 2012, 07:53   #12377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Container truck accident near Hoodi Circle, Bangalore on the road towards ITPL. This accident is result of pathetic condition of truck being used to ferry heavy loads on public roads. Trailer got detached from truck and container fell down on road.

Attachment 1024755

Attachment 1024756
Bad accident indeed! imagine the container falling on to a car or any other vehicle..would be very damaging.

On the lighter note - I like the expression of the girl in the hoarding..seems like smiling at the accident
Old 11th December 2012, 09:46   #12378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
Bad accident indeed! imagine the container falling on to a car or any other vehicle..would be very damaging.

On the lighter note - I like the expression of the girl in the hoarding..seems like smiling at the accident
On a lighter note again: One angle I could see this at, I was like, its a strong hoarding, it dislocated such a heavy trailer on collision
Old 12th December 2012, 07:33   #12379
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened today morning on Old airport road near Command hospital ~ 6.15 am. The Merc seemed to have control ( speed!) on the curve!
Traffic held up for half an hour.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00566.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00565.jpg

Cheers!
Old 12th December 2012, 09:26   #12380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Happened today morning on Old airport road near Command hospital ~ 6.15 am. The Merc seemed to have control ( speed!) on the curve!
Traffic held up for half an hour.

Cheers!
Saw this car lying near ulsoor police station on my way to work. Seems to have smashed into a narrow object at the center.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:27   #12381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Saw this car lying near ulsoor police station on my way to work. Seems to have smashed into a narrow object at the center.
Yes, the car smashed into a lamp post!

Cheers!
Old 12th December 2012, 11:09   #12382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
This is a common scene in TN in morning and evening, both urban and rural.
The importance of the door in a bus is seldom realized.
This is from my trip to chennai.

Like a boss on roof top. Hopefully they wont fall off .

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0221.jpg

Ironically I saw the same sight in Delhi too. Probably a long distance bus to some rural side. People were sitting while sleeping inside blankets on top of a state transport bus .
Old 13th December 2012, 08:47   #12383
BHPian

Read this article in today's newspaper. As per the reports teenage son of the minister was driving the SUV and lost control and hit the railing of the flyover. Here is the copy of the article.

As per forensic experts, Shubham must have driven hardly 200 feet up the flyover when he apparently lost control. The dents on either side of the SUV and marks on both railings of the flyover suggested the Safari first hit the left railing and then the right before it dragged on for another 50 feet and rammed into a pole. Experts say when the SUV hit the right railing, Shubham was apparently thrown off the driver's seat to land on the one besides it. In the meantime, attempts of Shubham to control the car took it to the extreme right where it hit the railing once again. In the second collision, the door of the SUV was thrown open and Shuham flew out of it as his head hit a roadside pole and died instantaneously. His body was found dangling from the pole his neck caught in the railing.

It is really sad to see such young children leaving the world. May he Rest in Peace.

Here are the pictures that I clicked that were printed in today's paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0666.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0668.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0672.jpg  

Old 13th December 2012, 11:01   #12384
Senior - BHPian

Here's a report from TOI on the same

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/17593726.cms

From the same article:

Quote:
As Shubham left, the scared driver called up Shubham's mother Suman Singh to inform her, as neither Shubham nor his elder brother Devendra were allowed to drive any vehicle. They were not even allowed to be driven around alone. A domestic help, family member or a relative had to be present in the car if the brother duo went out by car.
So apparently, they were not allowed to drive but forced the driver to do so. This can happen to any of us i.e. kids forcing the driver to let them drive. I did that (though it was not force as I wasn't barred from driving - I was over 18 and had a licence).

Just glad no innocent lives were lost.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 11:17   #12385
Senior - BHPian

I can't even imagine what kind of speeds were involved in ripping open a Safari like that.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:30   #12386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
The pre-safe, post-safe tech did not come into play? I am sure the driver would have tried some avoidance manoeuvres.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:41   #12387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The pre-safe, post-safe tech did not come into play? I am sure the driver would have tried some avoidance manoeuvres.
No pre-safe or post-safe tech can help when we have idiots behind the wheels. Also they don't work if one is not buckled up.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 13:32   #12388
BHPian

Not sure if the safari was ripped apart during the accident itself or after the accident to save someone. It looks really sad, seems to be a high speed crash.

Kids driving vehicles seems to be a fad, i see so many parents proudly letting their kids (not even 14 years) drive scooters, cars etc. Unfortunate !

Like the saying "cancer cures smoking", "accidents teaches safety". May good sense prevail.
Old 13th December 2012, 14:06   #12389
BHPian

I dont think that Safari was cut open to save someone as that boy was the only person in the car. And due to the impact of the collision he was thrown out of the car.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:49   #12390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I dont think that Safari was cut open to save someone as that boy was the only person in the car. And due to the impact of the collision he was thrown out of the car.
We know that now. But I'm not sure if the rescue teams who responded to the accident had the same information. Maybe they cut open the car to look for any survivors/victims.

Most Viewed