Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 23:16   #12586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post

Maybe the Audi was trying to overtake the tipper through the left side?
Or maybe it was overtaking from the right and hit something stationery that caused the damage on the right. Something short, because the A-pillar seems intact. Maybe a culvert?
Old 8th January 2013, 23:17   #12587
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Maybe the Audi was trying to overtake the tipper through the left side?
Or perhaps, the Audi was also in the overtaking maneuver along-with the tipper (a very very wrong thing to do) and seeing the Tipper's aborted attempt would have tried to get back to the left side of the road when it crashed.
The hit could also be at right angles to the tipper forcing it to topple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Or maybe it was overtaking from the right and hit something stationery that caused the damage on the right. Something short, because the A-pillar seems intact. Maybe a culvert?
There is no culvert in that area.

A biker also skidded and fell down in the melee.

Last edited by rajeev k : 8th January 2013 at 23:24.
Old 8th January 2013, 23:43   #12588
Senior - BHPian

Or maybe the tipper was overtaking the Audi and merged back in to the lane too soon. If the tipper hit the Audi while it was swerving into the lane, it could be why the tipper also toppled.

Last edited by StarrySky : 8th January 2013 at 23:47.
Old 9th January 2013, 00:38   #12589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or maybe the tipper was overtaking the Audi and merged back in to the lane too soon. If the tipper hit the Audi while it was swerving into the lane, it could be why the tipper also toppled.
Doubt that. The Audi is low slung and if the tipper hit the car when cutting left, even the hood would have been damaged, but it isn't as you can see in the picture.
Old 9th January 2013, 02:05   #12590
Team-BHP Support

Re: Piggy backing gone wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
From today's TOI- Bangalore edition, Family photos on dashboard cut accidents.
What if he had a spat with one of his family members at home just before his shift? It would probably anger him even more, wouldn't it?
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 08:00   #12591
BHPian

Found this on Youtube..

On funny note, nice choice of song
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 11:56   #12592
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Piggy backing gone wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What if he had a spat with one of his family members at home just before his shift? It would probably anger him even more, wouldn't it?
They have a proven record. So, I feel it is worth a try. One of my friends friend has the family photo in his car and he says that this has brought down his average speed/rash driving.
IMO this method might help people who over speed and consider road as race track. Again it depends on how much they love their family.
If there is a spat with the family member then with or without the photo the driver may still not able to concentrate in his driving.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 13:28   #12593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My sunny met with an accident yesterday, ... whole group of passers by including bikers, pedestrians and a nearby standing traffic cop told the guy that it was his mistake since he jumped the signal, ...

We even told him we are not interested in filing any complaint and would take care of our car.
Considering the above, why did you decide to let him off the hook ? He is for sure at fault and you have a cop also vouching for it. For such negligence and damage, I strongly feel, that he should have been penalised.
mannubhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 13:41   #12594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Considering the above, why did you decide to let him off the hook ? He is for sure at fault and you have a cop also vouching for it. For such negligence and damage, I strongly feel, that he should have been penalised.
The guy was totally unwilling to accept his mistake. He belonged to the NCR region from a particular community known for there rowdy and illogical/crude behaviour. Moreover I am not sure how long would this get stretched if we go via the legal route plus the added trauma and mental harassment. Somehow Cops are tough to be trusted upon. Have 0% dep policy and so Dad decided to just get done with it and move on.
Old 10th January 2013, 14:46   #12595
BHPian

Quote:
The guy was totally unwilling to accept his mistake.
Sadly, that seems to be the general trend I have observed too. From a biker to a top of the line SUV guy, I think we lack basic etiquettes as a society. No wonder we have an alarmingly high instances of road rage too. You did the right thing. If the guy was adamant in front of a traffic cop, I don't think he would have accepted his fault anywhere else. At the end of the day, your family is safe and you were wise to get a 0 depreciation policy! As for that fellow, if he continues to drive like that he is bound to meet his match SOONER than later.
Old 11th January 2013, 20:29   #12596
BHPian

Today while waiting on the red signal enroute to work, where people take a U'ish turn to go to Indiranagr on Old Madras Road, I was reminded of how idiots roam freely on roads. I was in left lane on right side, as I have to go ahead. To be clear, I was going from KR Puram side towards MG Road side.

Signal turned green, and I chugged along at snail's pace. Voila I was literally pushed by a Tempo loader from right. The moment I saw him pushing me, I stopped there since there is no space on left, being occupied by another car. The tempo guy did not stop, he just took a diagonal left and damaged by Duster's right metal fender :(. There is a very deep line all across the fender.

I feel enraged, I feel angry that despite following all the rules and driving carefully, my car got damaged. I felt like doing unspeakable things to the guy but decided to make peace with my fate. Just took a pic from behind of the vegetable loader tempo.

Why, why why people damage other vehicles when they violate rules? Why cannot people have an iota of compassion towards other drivers on the road? This is extremely painful and annoying. I cannot express how enraged I felt.

Govt can tax me 18.5% for my vehicle but cannot have a traffic police personnel at junction where people everyday drive like a suicide bogey. I do not feel like driving car anymore. It is so depressing to drive. People damage your vehicle for no fault of yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130111_112951.jpg  

Last edited by acroback : 11th January 2013 at 20:43.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 21:31   #12597
Senior - BHPian

^ oh man! that's deep!

are you going to take it ASC?
Old 11th January 2013, 21:34   #12598
BHPian

God only know how this driver came out alive from this accident on 09th Jan at 10:45 pm at marathahalli flyover, just took these picture the very next day on my way to work.
Part of the water tanker where it dashed was also damaged during this misshap, suprisingly there were no tyre marks on the road that shows the driver could see or miss to view this truck upfront at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10012013124.jpg  

Old 11th January 2013, 21:48   #12599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Today while waiting on the red signal enroute to work, where people take a U'ish turn to go to Indiranagr on Old Madras Road, I was reminded of how idiots roam freely on roads. I was in left lane on right side, as I have to go ahead. To be clear, I was going from KR Puram side towards MG Road side.

Sorry to see this Acroback.

I know how hard to see the car like this and I too feel the same .These morons never care about others especially if you own a priced vehicle. This is one of the reason I moved out of Bangalore 2 years back. Was there for long 9 years with work and driving at peak hours is a pain there especially the stretch between KR puram and MG road.

Have you managed to stop the guy and at least give some “words” to him.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:52   #12600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
^ oh man! that's deep!

are you going to take it ASC?
Probably yes next month. It is going to cost me a fortune for not even an iota of fault of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Sorry to see this Acroback.

I know how hard to see the car like this and I too feel the same .These morons never care about others especially if you own a priced vehicle. This is one of the reason I moved out of Bangalore 2 years back. Was there for long 9 years with work and driving at peak hours is a pain there especially the stretch between KR puram and MG road.

Have you managed to stop the guy and at least give some “words” to him.
No I did not stop him. Do you think there is any space there to overtake a big lorry and blast him? I just took pic of his number plate but it is useless now. I am not feeling like going home today. Just coding since morning with a heavy heart.

I hate to say this but I despise a lot of Indians on roads. Zilch sense of how to drive properly.

Most Viewed