Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 22:55   #12601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback
Today while waiting on the red signal enroute to work...

...People damage your vehicle for no fault of yours.
Oh bad hit mate! Another similarity with my Duster story, as mine also got hit on left side 4 days back.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th January 2013 at 00:24. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thanks :)
Old 12th January 2013, 08:52   #12602
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Today while waiting on the red signal enroute to work, where people take a U'ish turn to go to Indiranagr on Old Madras Road, I was reminded of how idiots roam freely on roads. I was in left lane on right side, as I have to go ahead. To be clear, I was going from KR Puram side towards MG Road side.

Signal turned green, and I chugged along at snail's pace. Voila I was literally pushed by a Tempo loader from right. The moment I saw him pushing me, I stopped there since there is no space on left, being occupied by another car. The tempo guy did not stop, he just took a diagonal left and damaged by Duster's right metal fender :(. There is a very deep line all across the fender.

I feel enraged, I feel angry that despite following all the rules and driving carefully, my car got damaged. I felt like doing unspeakable things to the guy but decided to make peace with my fate. Just took a pic from behind of the vegetable loader tempo.

Why, why why people damage other vehicles when they violate rules? Why cannot people have an iota of compassion towards other drivers on the road? This is extremely painful and annoying. I cannot express how enraged I felt.

Govt can tax me 18.5% for my vehicle but cannot have a traffic police personnel at junction where people everyday drive like a suicide bogey. I do not feel like driving car anymore. It is so depressing to drive. People damage your vehicle for no fault of yours.
Quote:
Probably yes next month. It is going to cost me a fortune for not even an iota of fault of mine.

No I did not stop him. Do you think there is any space there to overtake a big lorry and blast him? I just took pic of his number plate but it is useless now. I am not feeling like going home today. Just coding since morning with a heavy heart.

I hate to say this but I despise a lot of Indians on roads. Zilch sense of how to drive properly.
Indians (if not all, most) lack a very basic thing called as "common sense"!

There is absolutely zero value for other's life! Firstly before even providing license, they should be thought to respect other users on road. Our system is so corrupt that anyone can get license without having to know A of ABC (Accelerator, Break, Clutch), so teaching road disciplinary is a dream!

Feels like buying a lorry or bulldozer considering our great traffic n butter smooth roads

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 12th January 2013 at 09:00.
Old 12th January 2013, 09:04   #12603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tempo guy did not stop, he just took a diagonal left and damaged by Duster's right metal fender :(. There is a very deep line all across the fender

I can feel your pain, since my brand new Xylo met with a similar fate in its 3rd month !

Instead of tinkering and painting, you could try to stick on bumper protectors to exactly cover the dent, and protect against future scratches.

The bumper protectors are typically 450 mm length each, and even though they are stuck at the corners, you could stick them on the wheel arch as well, in a straight line over your dent mark. Put them in similar locations on the other 3 wheel arches, and Voila, the problem should disappear !

I did the above for my Xylo. Cost: Rs. 800/-
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 13:02   #12604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Firstly before even providing license, they should be thought to respect other users on road. Our system is so corrupt that anyone can get license without having to know A of ABC (Accelerator, Break, Clutch), so teaching road disciplinary is a dream!
It starts at our RTO's when license is issued. Recently my wife got her DL in Thane and she learnt through Maruti driving school. The rto's computer exam was a joke. The invigilator announced to all test takers that if you have any doubts on answer, ask me and then proceeded to shout out answers for all the questions.
The driving test was also a farce as my wife didn't even need to drive forward 50 meters within the RTO compound. Along with her various people from other driving schools and independent applicants also went through this process. If rto authorities do it this way, whom do we complain to?
No wonder our roads are unsafe and getting worse!
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 17:12   #12605
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
No I did not stop him. Do you think there is any space there to overtake a big lorry and blast him? I just took pic of his number plate but it is useless now. I am not feeling like going home today. Just coding since morning with a heavy heart.

I hate to say this but I despise a lot of Indians on roads. Zilch sense of how to drive properly.
I had a three-wheel load carrier inflict similar damage on my car a few years back. While I was frustrated to the core I did not see the point in stopping and reprimanding someone displaying little road sense who would certainly not have sufficient dough on him to cover the damage.

At the same time I realized that at the end of the day it was just a dent. Nothing life altering or anything remotely close to it. Sure it drained my wallet but that's something we ought to reconcile with while driving in India. Reflect upon the fact that you or your loved ones were not hurt in the Incident.

Enjoy your weekend and forget about the scratch.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 17:36   #12606
BHPian

Quote:

I feel enraged, I feel angry that despite following all the rules and driving carefully, my car got damaged. ..
It is so depressing to drive. People damage your vehicle for no fault of yours.
Few months back same thing happened to me. I totally understand your agony. No fault of yours and its you who end up paying

This is what happened to me

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2873037
Old 14th January 2013, 20:01   #12607
Senior - BHPian

Multiple vehicles pile-up on YEW. Has anyone got specific details on this? I agree, all vehicles should use fog lights and control the speed to avoid this. If you feel its not safe, should avoid the route or pull off.
http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/f...ressway-317035

Last edited by Ketan : 14th January 2013 at 20:03.
Old 14th January 2013, 20:03   #12608
Senior - BHPian

Just spotted an accident on new Airport road, 500mts from the toll towards Hebbal. While heading past the airport turn off I hadn't seen anything on the road, but while coming back, spotted this crashed white fluidic Verna, it's front section (till the A-pillar) mangled. It would have happened within 30mins if me reaching the spot.

Didn't see what it had crashed into; I'm guessing they removed it from the scene. There was an ambulance at the scene, and another one on approach. Don't know about casualties. Folks in the Verna should be safe if they were wearing seat belts.

From the damage that I could see on the Verna's front, looks like the driver floored it after the toll.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 14th January 2013 at 20:05.
Old 14th January 2013, 20:16   #12609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Just spotted an accident on new Airport road, 500mts from the toll towards Hebbal. While heading past the airport turn off I hadn't seen anything on the road, but while coming back, spotted this crashed white fluidic Verna, it's front section (till the A-pillar) mangled. It would have happened within 30mins if me reaching the spot.

Didn't see what it had crashed into; I'm guessing they removed it from the scene. There was an ambulance at the scene, and another one on approach. Don't know about casualties. Folks in the Verna should be safe if they were wearing seat belts.

From the damage that I could see on the Verna's front, looks like the driver floored it after the toll.
THat airport road is in such a mess. Its like an obstacle course filled with barricades, pits, boulders, metal sheets, rods etc... . Cab drivers who drive regularly on this road have these obstacles mapped out in their brains perfectly. They drive fast creating an impression that the road is good for such speeds, giving a false sense of security to visitors arriving from the Hyd road or other first time road users.
Old 14th January 2013, 22:09   #12610
BHPian

Saw a person lying on road on old airport road while coming from MG road. There was a santro and a bike around the person. Few people were around the person and calling perhaps medical help. Any one knows what the deal is? Looked to me someone collapsed. I just hope it is not the inevitable truth.

Last edited by acroback : 14th January 2013 at 22:11.
Old 16th January 2013, 13:57   #12611
BHPian

Nawada bound Indigo from Jamshedpur crashed into a truck in the Rajouli valley. The Indigo was speeding & the truck was coming uphill. Due to a oil-spill from a tanker accident a day before, the Indigo slipped while braking at a blind corner & went head-on into the truck. 2 people died on the spot. Rest 3 suffered extremely bad injuries. I was one of the first to reach the accident spot. I have never seen that horrible a scene.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0662.jpg  

Old 18th January 2013, 07:49   #12612
BHPian

Saw an unattended accident victim lying at the junction of old pune-bombay highway and range hills khadki. Anyone knows about this one?

Note from Support - For adding pics to your post, please refer point #7 here.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th January 2013 at 12:55.
Old 18th January 2013, 11:27   #12613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Saw an unattended accident victim lying at the junction of old pune-bombay highway and range hills khadki. Anyone knows about this one?
I am sorry kartikoak, but why didn't you stop or notify the police/call for an ambulance when you saw that the victim was lying unattended?

As citizens it is our duty to help each other in times of distress, a phone call and being there at the right time can save somebody's life.

Last edited by Trojan : 18th January 2013 at 11:29.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 12:40   #12614
Senior - BHPian

Two youths on Two Wheelers lost thier lives in seperate incidents yesterday in Mumbai:

1. Prithviraj Nathwani, 19 year old student from Kandivali lost control of his bike while passing through S.V.Road, Kandivali West. There was a oil spill on the road & couple of bikes skid. But Prithviraj was unlucky & he came under rear wheels of Best Bus (for a change this time, there was no fault of Bus driver) that was passing by. He was a very bright student & currently studying Commerce & was pursuing for CA.

2. Dhaval Ashar, 25 year old photographer lost control of his Bike on JJ Flyover & was thrown on other side of bridge, only to be found dead.

My heart goes out of these young lives lost & I request to all the bikers (I am myself a biker) to be very careful, in any accident involving a bike & rider is the first one to be injured, more often it is serious injuries.

Thanks,
Old 18th January 2013, 13:05   #12615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
I am sorry kartikoak, but why didn't you stop or notify the police/call for an ambulance when you saw that the victim was lying unattended?

As citizens it is our duty to help each other in times of distress, a phone call and being there at the right time can save somebody's life.
Sorry but the victim is a Swift and the picture didn't get uploaded as I used the wrong options.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0449.jpg  

kartikoak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks