Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2013, 14:22   #13156
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Freak accident - http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130429/news-current-affairs/article/people-stone-bmtc-buses-after-accident

Quote:
Bengaluru: Tension prevailed in Shivaji nagar bus terminus when an angry crowd threw stones at three buses when a speeding BMTC bus knocked down a family on a two-wheeler on Sunday evening. The police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control after filing a complaint against the bus driver.
Faizal (43) sustained severe injuries, while his wife Sulthana and their ten-month-old child escaped with minor injuries in the accident that occurred around 4.30 pm.
The police said Faizal, a resident of Neelasandra, was heading to City Market along with his family when the speeding BMTC bus (KA-01, F-3191), going towards Bagalur, knocked them while taking a turn in front of the bus terminus.
Passersby and those waiting at the bus terminus got angry and threw stones at BMTC buses, which were completely damaged. The mob also staged a protest against the BMTC staff. The Shivajinagar crime and traffic police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The police have registered a case of negligence against the BMTC driver.
I can bet my money on this case and say strongly that the two wheeler fellow must have done some stupid act causing the accident. Hope it was a learning for the two wheeler guy.
Relieved that his wife and 10 month old kid are safe.

I feel sorry for the bus driver who has to go through all sorts of torture, including risking his job.
I have sat alongside the driver of my office bus and I have seen how much exercise he has to do to save the bikers who keep on coming on sides and front of the bus. Purely suicidal act of 2 wheelers.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 14:52   #13157
BHPian

Same story reported by Hindu with some additional details:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4663937.ece

I would say blaming he 2 wheeler guy based on your experience is not totally correct! Who knows he might have been genuinely a victim here. I do not resonate your thought sof making biased opinion without actually having a complete picture of the incident.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:06   #13158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Same story reported by Hindu with some additional details:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4663937.ece

I would say blaming he 2 wheeler guy based on your experience is not totally correct! Who knows he might have been genuinely a victim here. I do not resonate your thought sof making biased opinion without actually having a complete picture of the incident.
There is a saying "What we sow, is what we Reap". This 2 wheeler rider must have sowed what he reaped.

I will just explain a simple scenario that I faced about a month back in Koramangala, if it can be considered as an example of how bikers here are. I can well imagine how they would be in their local areas and market places. So, I was waiting at the St. John's signal. A Honda Activa was waiting besides me, with a lousy chap, obviously without helmet. The signal turns green and I slowly start inching forward when this guy decides to cut into my lane, just because his lane didn't move. He cuts, the car in front of me stops (for whatever reason) and the guy sudden brakes too. I had to brake hard to such a point where my nose almost touched the steering wheel. Else, I would have hit an innocent" biker. Isn't it ?

Like I said, I have sat besides the driver of my office bus. Two wheelers simply cut into lanes and stop bang infront of you. My car has a powerful brake, but a bus doesn't.

Who knows from where this guy appeared infront of the bus and upon seeing the hump, brakes down. C'mon, the bus can't just stop like that.
Like I said I can bet my money in this case.

And, apologies, if in anyway my opinion is biased. But again an "Opinion" is just an Opinion, not a Deciding Line.

Ohh, and yes, if he is a "genuine victim" - My condolences and apologies to the family.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 29th April 2013 at 15:07.
Old 29th April 2013, 16:37   #13159
BHPian

There was a car which turned upside down yesterday evening after villupuram on highway. Did anyone has details of it?
Old 30th April 2013, 11:22   #13160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Source: Kannada Prabha Newspaper dated 29.04.13........"10 People Died when the Tavera they were travelling in collided head on with a Fuel tanker truck.............10 people in a Tavera!! what is the maximum permitted assuming this was to be a yellow-board hired vehicle?
I am quite sure that these people were not belted. So often I see these people carriers, Trax, Tavera, Innova, Sumo, Jeep etc. crammed with people and all unbelted. And they zoom on the highway. When the bang, people have no chance and get knocked about, flying like rag doll. And injuries are often fatal. This is something to be looked into seriously and action taken against owners and drivers who do not ensure safety of their passengers by employing the minimum steps like making all wear seat belts.

BTW, the tanker seems to be on the right side, the driver must be absconding because of fear. Let them investigate, nothing much further is bound to happen.

harit

Last edited by harit : 30th April 2013 at 11:25.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:02   #13161
BHPian

Very bad accident in Talegaon, Pune. An OHC crashed into a tree. The person driving the car instead of braking pressed the accelerator pedal and rammed into the tree. Happened at 3pm.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130430_180148.png
Views: 7323
Size:  636.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130430_180215.png
Views: 8541
Size:  588.0 KB
Old 30th April 2013, 23:12   #13162
Distinguished - BHPian

The matchbox Omni (an Ambulance here) crumples- picture from South Kolkata

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kolkataambazarirallyapr2013-088.jpg
Old 1st May 2013, 07:06   #13163
Senior - BHPian

Accident on Kerala high ranges again. Car in which six trainee doctors of Kottayam Medical College were travelling fell off a cliff near Vagamon yesterday late night. Four of them died. Details are yet to be reported. Apparently these guys were returning after a pleasure trip.
Old 1st May 2013, 12:51   #13164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Accident on Kerala high ranges again. Car in which six trainee doctors of Kottayam Medical College were travelling fell off a cliff near Vagamon yesterday late night. Four of them died. Details are yet to be reported. Apparently these guys were returning after a pleasure trip.
Those are dangerous Ghats. I have driven many times over these places since my hometown is near to Wagamon. If you are not experience enough in negotiating these curves it is every possibility that you may end up in trouble. May their souls RIP.
Old 1st May 2013, 22:27   #13165
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Santro somewhere in the middle of Charmadi ghat on Monday. The Santro guy is indeed lucky. Notice that there is a very deep gorge just after the car. I think the passengers came out by breaking the rear windscreen.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0043.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 1st May 2013 at 22:31.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:54   #13166
Senior - BHPian

I saw a terribly sideways crushed car (probably M800) in Ghitorni, Delhi (MG road) today morning. The car seemed to br rammed by a heavy vehicle crushing it between the vehicle and DMRC pillar. The over width of the car was reduced to less than a meter between the real wheels.
Any idea on what happened?
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:39   #13167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I saw a terribly sideways crushed car (probably M800) in Ghitorni, Delhi (MG road) today morning. The car seemed to br rammed by a heavy vehicle crushing it between the vehicle and DMRC pillar. The over width of the car was reduced to less than a meter between the real wheels.
Any idea on what happened?
Off a friends facebook update he was out for his morning cycling round. Apparently the guy was coming from the wrong side and got hit by a truck so they said. Strange thing was no one knew if the driver lived or what .
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-m800.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-m800-.jpg  

dexter78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:57   #13168
Senior - BHPian

Couple of very sad fatal accidents occurred in Kerala this week.

First a well connected gentleman statione at New Delhi gor killed when the car he was driving collided head on with a Trivandrum bound Volvo bus.

In the second accident four House Surgeons of the Govt. Medical College at Kottayam lost their life when the car in which they were returning from Vagamon fell into a 1200 feet deep gorge. Another two persons were very seriously injured. The sad part was that though the accident occurred at 9 PM it was noticed only after 11.30 PM.

May their souls RIP.
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:30   #13169
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2013 at 13:06.
sujithpnair is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th May 2013, 23:09   #13170
BHPian

3 accidents over past two days that I' ve seen.
1) just after bangalore, on mysore road, Fellow TBhp-ian judging from stickers,Skoda Octavia, was rear ended badly,40%offset,rear right wheel was lodged in body.Guess he was braking for a hump.Hit and run.
2) same day, after mysore, a fortuner wrapped its front grill around a tree,on THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!
3) Next day, the tail end of the bus, that I was travelling in from coimbatore to walayar, nudges a TVS 50 sending a husband wife duo sprawling on the road.both safe.wife has scratches.
couldn't get pictures of any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks