Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 12:01   #13726
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Have a few question from experienced BHPians who have faced similar thing:
- Being a plastic part, can this be brought back in shape by pressure from inside ?
- If yes, will bringing back the bumper in shape cause any new paint damage ?
There is no scratch as a result of today's bang. The one that is present is from before.

You can try this thing if the pushing does not work and its hard to apply pressure from the inside since its hard to reach in

http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_sacat...20dent&_sop=15

The cheapest is around 250-300 bucks. Cheaper solution. I think it will be a cakewalk for this tool since its usually used for metal which is much more rigid than plastic!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 12:24   #13727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You can try this thing if the pushing does not work and its hard to apply pressure from the inside since its hard to reach in

http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_sacat...20dent&_sop=15

The cheapest is around 250-300 bucks. Cheaper solution. I think it will be a cakewalk for this tool since its usually used for metal which is much more rigid than plastic!
Aha, I have seen this on TV also.
I wonder if it would help my dent. The device needs two flat surfaces to be placed on and then the centre screw tightened so that the dent pops out.
The place where I have dent is curvy. So I am not sure if it would work out for me.
First, I'll try with my fist, else take it to a local garage guy to fix it.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:27   #13728
BHPian

Saw a terrible accident on W E Highway in Kandivali. The accident happened at the end of Thakur Village flyover while coming from North.

A truck had rammed into an autorickshaw. The auto was hanging on the left front wheel of the truck. It looked really bad. Hope the occupants made it.

The truck was in right most lane. Although I was not there at the time of accident, it looked like a sudden lane change by the Auto (nothing new for those folks) gone wrong. It may not be right to blame the auto guy without facts. But, I always have my heart in mouth during those rare auto rides. They love to drive very close to heavy vehicles, choose to overtake despite very limited power available and change lanes as if they own the whole road. Given the situation, it was only a matter of time that we saw such accidents

Last edited by Gotham_City : 1st August 2013 at 12:29.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:39   #13729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- Being a plastic part, can this be brought back in shape by pressure from inside ?
There is no scratch as a result of today's bang. The one that is present is from before.
Soumyajit - I had a similar case when my car's rear bumper got damaged and went out of shape when a 2 wheeler bumped into me. This was in Pune and I got it fixed back to how it was in mere 10 minutes paying as less as Rs 50 at an FNG.

You can try to push the bumper back but many a times it won't retain and again go inside. I tried this in my car and it failed. Finally the FNG simply used a Gas Cutting equipment, adjusted the temperature on the nozzle and blew hot air from the inside of the bumper for a few seconds and soon after this, he used a wooden piece to push the bumper to its original position and all was good forever then.

If in case you are unable to DIY this, the option I mentioned works without the paint peeling off.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st August 2013 at 12:44.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 15:26   #13730
BHPian

Saw these badly bashed up cars @ the service centre today.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_091337.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_091327.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_091404.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_091414.jpg  

Old 1st August 2013, 15:31   #13731
BHPian

This Indica was in real bad shape. Dunno what he must have banged into but the damage wass severe. I dont think the driver would have survived this.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_091849.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_091929.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_093025.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_093048.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_093034.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130801_093040.jpg  

Old 1st August 2013, 16:38   #13732
Distinguished - BHPian

One more rear-ending incident, this happened last week,

This incident was due to a senseless biker. This happened near apollo hospital - BG Road around 1:15PM, not much traffic with no vehicles in front of me for about 100M. I was on the right lane overtaking a Maruti Esteem and the speed was around 30-40Km/Hr. Now a two wheeler guy who was on the extreme left wanted to take a "U" turn, from his position he should have skipped the immediate "U" turn and proceed with the next one (OR) stopped and waited for others to pass. But this stupid, cuts across the esteem first and then me to take the immediate "U" turn. We both braked hard as there was no other choice. My bad luck, the guy behind me didn't even brake, he just smashed in to my rear bumper, lost balance and the pillion rider jumped on to the divider. Luckily they were not injured. On seeing this, the culprit guy fled the spot without taking the "U" turn he wanted to.

The biker who rear ended me said, he didn't expect me to brake as this is a straight stretch with free flowing traffic. Lucky for him that it was me and not a truck.

There was a big dent on the right corner of the bumper, the bumper came off and I had to push it back, dent on the boot.

He apologized and agreed to pay for the damages. I took his mobile number and left the scene immediately.

Took the car to Trend Automobiles today and got the dent on the bumper rectified.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dent1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dent2.jpg

The dent on the boot is still there and, I don’t want to do anything about it at the moment.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dent3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-d4.jpg

Quote:
You should be able to remove it without any damages. Lucky that there is no scratches.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:47   #13733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One more rear-ending incident, this happened last week,
Ouch. That looks like the one I got today, except that thankfully only my bumper was hit. So no other metal dents.

Looking at your and mine dents, I think that I would be able to remove my dent easily, because I can easily put my fist inside the rear of the bumper, whereas it would be difficult for you.

Where is this Trend Automobiles ? On BG Road or nearby ? And how much did they charge to remove the dent on the bumper ?
Just asking incase I am not able to fix it myself, I would prefer to take it to a FNG.

On a lighter note: High Five
Old 1st August 2013, 17:36   #13734
BHPian

The time was around 10:30 yesterday night and I was returning home with my family after attending a family function via the WEH. Just after the Tata steel fly-over and before the National Park one, I see some red lights in my(rightmost) lane. I had to apply brakes and the car de-accelerated faster than normal. For the sake of my bumper and boot, I switched on the hazard lamps for some time. Ahead of me, I see a force-one SUV moving to the left lane slowly and inching ahead, the traffic slowed down to 1st gear speeds.

Inching ahead, I see a milkvan on the rightmost lane and a blue car ahead of it. Some men getting down from the blue car and heading towards the milkvan. Going ahead I see the milkvan had rear ended the Blue car(a WagonR I later confirmed) and the WagonR in-turn had rear ended a white Chevy beat ahead. The WagonR had a broken rear bumper and a dent on the boot door. The milkvan had a bent in front bumper that the person would not even mind to get back to shape. Could not see the front of the WagonR, but the rear of the beat had a detached bumper and a hanging registration plate.

Yes, it rained minutes ago and the roads were slippery. Also, to those who know, that section of the WEH rarely has street-lights lit. Don't know why, but have always noticed that there is less illumination in that area. Considering these factors, I feel the car should have maintained sufficient distance taking into account the visibility and braking factors. Hard way to learn. :(
Old 1st August 2013, 17:52   #13735
BHPian

Well to continue the trend. I got kind of rear ended by a Police Amby a month back. This was basically a yellow plate Ambassador Cab hired by the Police department to ferry officials. The scenario can be understood in the picture below.

Name:  SCENARIO.bmp
Views: 5866
Size:  779.1 KB

I was in the Right most lane as I wanted to turn right. This Ambassador was in the middle lane. The Bus in front of the Ambassador stopped to alight some passengers while the signal was green (no surprise). This was blocking the Ambassador. Now this Smart Alec tried to change lane & come in between me & the vehicle behind.

In the process he didn't realize that he had no space & came very close to my car. As i was moving forward (green light remember) The Amby front steel bumper got stuck in my rear bumper & it came off. Picture below (Forgive Picture quality - Phone pics)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0657.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0659.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0661.jpg

Made a ruckus ther and then. After wasting energy for 10 mins. I thought there is no end to this discussion & I would file an MCR and will let him pay for the repairs.

On reaching home, got my Screwdriver, tried to put it back by hand (quite good force applied sensibly) & Voila ! it fits back into the clips. Right now it looks as good as new by so dropped the Idea of MCR.

Drive Safe
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 18:34   #13736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where is this Trend Automobiles ? On BG Road or nearby ? And how much did they charge to remove the dent on the bumper ?
Just asking incase I am not able to fix it myself, I would prefer to take it to a FNG.

On a lighter note: High Five
Regarding Trend Automobiles, you can check the below thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

It is on the Hosur Road, from silk board take the service lane towards EC, once you reach pillar 48( EC flyoveR) take left -> then first left -> another 30-40M and you will find this shop on the right side.

For me they had to remove the bumper as there was no other possibilities. Also, rubbing was done to remove the black marks. Will post the pics later. They charged Rs 600.

Kalyani MASS quoted Rs. 2500 for the same work. They said partial painting is required.
Mandovi MASS quoted Rs. 1500 with partial painting.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:39   #13737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
For me they had to remove the bumper as there was no other possibilities. Also, rubbing was done to remove the black marks. Will post the pics later. They charged Rs 600.

Kalyani MASS quoted Rs. 2500 for the same work. They said partial painting is required.
Mandovi MASS quoted Rs. 1500 with partial painting.
I have posted the pics here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3197031
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:00   #13738
BHPian

Nothing serious. Just a damaged front end. Found this VW Polo near Thenkasi. Was a case of a stupid biker changing lanes. The airbags were deployed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24072013833.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2013, 17:10   #13739
Senior - BHPian

Found this on FB

Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Facebook
Renault Disaster - Not Duster ( SAY NO TO RENAULT )
Dear Friends, I would like to share my recent and disastrous experience with Renault India, My newly bought Duster met with an accident on 21st March' 2013 and had gone for repair to authorized service centre - Divine Auto Tech (Renault Delhi West), on the very day. Since then its been close to 4 and half months and I have been following it up endlessly but always getting the same reply "YOUR VEHICLE IS UNDER REPAIR AND DUE TO UNAVAILABILITY OF PARTS WE ARE UNABLE TO DELIVER ATLEAST THIS WEEK". I have mailed my complaint to many senior authorities including MD India and other reputed official via mail as well as telecons, but there is no revert.

I am still paying my EMIs (for the vehicle I don't even have with me). This whole incident has caused me financial and mental harassment, hence I suggest each one of you to NOT trust any of the Renault after sale service and learn from my mistake. Think twice before you buy a Renault car.
Please share and like this page to spread the word. — with Adeel Khan.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-duster.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th August 2013 at 19:54. Reason: Putting quoted text in quotes
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 22:12   #13740
BHPian

Two days back there was an accident at Kandivali near Charkop where a lady driving a grey Civic lost control of the car and banged into a couple of rickshaws and a biker.

The biker died whereas the passengers of the rickshaw were injured and the the driver of one rickshaw was also injured.
I read somewhere that she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake and that's why this happened.

Most Viewed