Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 11:29   #13846
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

There was unusually heavy traffic at the Priyadarshini circle today morning around 8:00 am, looked like a two wheeler rider on a scooty was run over. Luckily the body was removed but certain stuff remained. Was a really sad sight :( do not have any more details. May the deceased rest in peace.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:23   #13847
BHPian

Re: Yamuna Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Makes me wonder sometimes if we deserve only 2 lane highways without a median separator, dotted with cattle, tractors, other slow moving vehicles, zillion potholes and speed breakers......
We are not fit for driving on world class roads since we all lack the driving etiquette. 90% of these accidents must have been because of overspeeding.
You spoke my heart out. Absolutely right!!. Most of our fellow citizens were not civilized enough for expressways / world class road.

In fact i myself felt safer while driving in 2 lane highways, its odd but i felt only this way. even at night.

I have a nightmarish experience once a fellow citizen jumped out of median on this four lane multi-carriage way, it was around 9 pm and most of the vehicles around are doing 90+.
Thank god that he falls on my vicinity, +
that i able to stop the vehicle without any lose of track and on time, +
and no vehicle behind.

If any of the above goes wrong, i might end up in hosp or in Jail.

Top gear once lashes out Driving pattern in India in one of their episode. Felt ashamed.

Road infrastructure has been grown up, but road sense of the people remains stone age.
Old 27th August 2013, 13:36   #13848
BHPian

Re: Yamuna Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
You spoke my heart out. Absolutely right!!. Most of our fellow citizens were not civilized enough for expressways / world class road.

In fact i myself felt safer while driving in 2 lane highways, its odd but i felt only this way. even at night.

I have a nightmarish experience once a fellow citizen jumped out of median on this four lane multi-carriage way, it was around 9 pm and most of the vehicles around are doing 90+.
Thank god that he falls on my vicinity, +
that i able to stop the vehicle without any lose of track and on time, +
and no vehicle behind
If any of the above goes wrong, i might end up in hosp or in Jail.

Top gear once lashes out Driving pattern in India in one of their episode. Felt ashamed.

Road infrastructure has been grown up, but road sense of the people remains stone age.
Rightly pointed out ! road sense , civic sense and common sense are three things missing the most amongst majority of us ( I am sorry to say so) when using the highways or for that matter city roads too. Here in Ahmedabad driving on the wrong side is considered correct ! , and is taken as a fuel saving measure as most major roads don't have opening at short distances. In fact at certain traffic junctions the Cops are compelled by the drivers to stop traffic and let them drive on the wrong side of the lane so as to avoid driving almost a km to take a proper turn. Breaking rules or brazenly flaunting them is taken as matter of pride by most drivers,never realizing that how dangerous it proves to themselves and to other law abiding drivers
Old 27th August 2013, 13:57   #13849
BHPian

11 people in Swift! Though it seems impossible, anything can happen in India. Stuff 4 people at the back, 3 in front, yeah I have seen people sitting between 2 seats in the front with one leg on passenger side and other on driver side besides the clutch . Plus 3 kids on laps, and I am sure the 11th person would have adjusted himself on lap of front passenger with his face licking the windshield .

I have counted 19 people in a jeep having a capacity of 9-10! Anything can happen! May their souls RIP!
Old 27th August 2013, 14:22   #13850
Senior - BHPian

first hand accident rescue experience

When : Last Friday around 1.15 AM

Where : Opposite to holy cross hospital , just near Chertala (The coffe joint in the 4 lane track)

What happened : I was waiting for my coffe , the shop was not much crowded. There was a typical truck parked in front of the shop carrying chopped timber suddenly one national permit lorry named Gayathri rammed at back of the timber truck. The cabin of the national permit lorry was totalled.

It took a couple of minutes for me to analyze what happened , suddenly I reached near the truck. The driver of the second truck was stuck inside , diesel and oil was leaking with some smoke coming.

The driver was asking for help , it was not easy to get in to the shattered cabin but the expression on the 60-65 year old mans face got me in to the cabin , then I realised the reason why he is not able to get out. He only had injuries on his legs , not on head or hand. there was also no helper/cleaner for the driver. The old man was driving alone an it was an empty truck.

I was totally helpless , then I saw people gathering near the truck some was busy searching for truckers goodies. But some good samratians came to help but no use.

I thought of trying for some external help and dialled 101 from my mobile , that worked and my call was connected to Chertala Firestation. After some formal talks which took around a minute they agreed that they will be at spot as fast as possible.

Then I tried 108 , The rescue ambulance also agreed that they will be at spot as fast as they can.

We waited for around 10 minutes , i tried to comfort him and gave water.

First the ambulance came then the fireforce.

Fire force rescued the old man by cutting the steering rod and few other iron bars and was rushed to the nearest hospital.

I went to the fireforce peson and asked that should I wait for any more formalities ? he just took my name and number just for formality and assured no formalities beyond that.

2 days later I got a call from the 108 Ambulance service to take the feed back , i was flattered !

Sorry for keeping it so long , I just wanted to share my joy that the govt. systems like ambulance,police and 108 ambulance service works fine.
foby.sebastian is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 14:44   #13851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Good Evening Team, saw these 2 vehicles i.e A fortuner and the other is unidentifiable car next to my sector's police station while coming from the market. I am afraid if the SUV's occupants survived.

AD
Sector 41?

The sole occupant did survive. This car hit an A-Star on the Greater Noida expressway, jumped the median and hit a Dzire and a call center Sumo. A-Star's occupants and Fortuner's driver were hurt badly but all survived.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:04   #13852
BHPian

Just read a Trivandrum bound Bangalore Bus met with an accident at Tirupur killing three people.

Any information about which travels and cause of accident?
Old 27th August 2013, 20:41   #13853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Just read a Trivandrum bound Bangalore Bus met with an accident at Tirupur killing three people.

Any information about which travels and cause of accident?
Even i heard from a friend that Kallada G4 met with an accident yesterday night killing 2-3 people (including the driver). But i am not sure whether both the accidents are same.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:04   #13854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Sector 41?

This car hit an A-Star on the Greater Noida expressway, jumped the median and hit a Dzire and a call center Sumo. A-Star's occupants and Fortuner's driver were hurt badly but all survived.
Pleasant Surprise to hear that. Given the account and the vehicle's condition i can imagine the scene. Sad but a learning for the drivers.

AD
Old 27th August 2013, 22:20   #13855
BHPian

Yamuna Expressway Once Again

8-month old Infant Dies as bus flips over on Yamuna Expressway,30 other injured. Driver and Helper fled the spot after the accident.

Expressway authorities alleged that despite speed warnings displayed along the route, motorists do not pay heed to driving with caution.

Source:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/22081740.cms

If i am not wrong, there are CCTV cameras installed at every 5 kms. What is the use of these speed cameras when the authorities are not able to penalize the drivers for over speeding at the exits or the toll gates? A camera installed every 5 Kms should suffice to track a speeding vehicle.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:29   #13856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamuna Expressway Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Expressway authorities alleged that motorists do not pay heed to driving with caution.

What is the use of these speed cameras when the authorities are not able to penalize the drivers for over speeding.
Hi Rishi, I believe you must also be well aware of the Mumbai Sea Link. Just wanted to share with you i.e On 20th August 2013 I just went to sea link for a drive and noticed traffic police challaned bikers/cars for over speeding and in the same time 2 bikers on a black pulsar just zipped passed my car and their speed too was very very high. They fled away by luck but honestly over-speeding bikes or car are a menace and a hazard for other motorists.

AD
Old 28th August 2013, 00:22   #13857
BHPian

Re: Yamuna Expressway Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
\They fled away by luck but honestly over-speeding bikes or car are a menace and a hazard for other motorists.
AD
Yes, I am very much aware of the Bandra Worli Sea Link. Good to know Chalans being issued for high speeding on Bandra Worli Sea Link. Same should be done on the Yamuna Expressway and on the Noida-Greater Noida E-way. Both these roads are in the news every second day because of some Impatient Idiots doing High Speeds and Loosing control.
Old 28th August 2013, 12:31   #13858
BHPian

Spotted this toppled white swift on BETL Flyover (Bangalore) yesterday (27.08.13) at about 11:30AM. None were in the car as I passed by it.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130827_115217.jpg  

Old 28th August 2013, 14:10   #13859
Senior - BHPian

@swifdeep, looks bad; I hope passangers are safe. Any Info on them?

AD
Old 28th August 2013, 19:21   #13860
Senior - BHPian

Good Evening team, saw this bike collison near spice mall sector 25A in afternoon. Nothing serious happened but the person who crashed from behind had minor injuries in knee. It happened as the front wheel of the fallen bike had burst suddenly.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident-near-spice-mall.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks