Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 12:03   #14041
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post

The high spirited teens got away by paying bribe of RS 25000 and fled To Dubai. The vegetable vendor dint get anything and has to bear the losses.
This is the worst of it. For no fault of his a poor veggie vendor has to bear the brunt.
Couldn't those parents of those errant kids have at least given him some compensation?
Just ten thousand from each kid would have set that poor man up again! They can afford to bribe the scum-cops to get away. They can afford to run away to Dubai but they do not have the common decency to help out the poor guy whose livelihood they have destroyed by their unbridled high spirits and callous behaviour.
This country has no hope as long as these offenders keep being allowed to get away with such behaviour.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 12:21   #14042
Senior - BHPian

The vendor should ideally sue the insurance company for third party damages. The law does provide redressal but we don't follow the law, do we?
Old 15th September 2013, 12:47   #14043
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This is what we should expect from teens who commit a mistake and above that have the audacity to insult and misbehave with people.
Again, parenting comes to play here. Shows how they have been born and brought up. Bribing the cops to save the hassles was something they were always going to do, but helping the poor vendor is what a good human would have done.

This also shows getting away with such a case is easy with a mere sum of 25,000.

Vishbull, I seriously appreciate the way you handled the matter that night, but you should have left them at the hands of public, that was what they deserved. It may sound rude, but laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maante.
carzone is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 13:50   #14044
BHPian

Hi Vishbull
These kind of lunatic teenagers should get their due from the victims. May be the veggie vendor should have scrap sold the scorpio to salvage damages

Kudos to you for situation handling

Cheers
Dprasad
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 22:53   #14045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Five persons in a Swift Dzire were killed yesterday evening when their vehicle slammed into a BMTC bus about 30 KM from Bangalore. All fiver Re students just above 20 years of age were returning from Kanakapura after a picnic.
Here is the pic from DNA. It says that the cause of this accident was over speeding + Overtaking just ahead of a curve.

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/18...-rams-bmtc-bus

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1889085.jpg

Overtaking on a busy two lane and that too just before a curve or on the curve is like testing your luck. Sad that the passengers also has to pay the price.
Old 15th September 2013, 23:17   #14046
Senior - BHPian

@Shankar balan, @ honeybee @ Carzone; I second your views. The offenders forgot that the vendor is as much a human as they are. May be they had loads of money but they in no way seem to be "educated". Totally insane, and people like them are supported by those who claim to be "public servants" and assure of safety and protection round the clock. I feel this type of casual approach raises question marks on the profiles/authenticity of the concerned departments. As for the insurance, it is a sad state because the vendor in no ways shall further waste his time and effort considering the loss he went in. And honestly, seeing these careless buggers get off so easily it shows "money can buy you freedom". Very Very Pathetic and disheartening.

thanks

AD
Old 16th September 2013, 10:45   #14047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Overtaking on a busy two lane and that too just before a curve or on the curve is like testing your luck.
In yesterdays Hindu news paper it was mentioned that tyre burst caused the car to go out of control and hit the bus. Though we may not be able to conclude the reason of the accident from the pics it looks like the vehicle/s were travelling in high speed.
Have seen vehicles overtaking very recklessly on Kanakpura road jeeps / SUV's just muscle you out while overtaking another vehicle and have seen buses overtaking vehicles without any consideration of safety.
Old 16th September 2013, 11:01   #14048
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard from my colleagues that on Friday evening around 5:45 to 6 PM, there was a bad accident on NICE road between Electronic City and Kanakapura Road junction.

As per one of my colleagues..."A silver i20 went inside the centre ditch(median) at high speed.
Seeing the car, it must have somersaulted at least twice. The driver was also injured and bleeding badly"

This happened after I had passed that stretch and hence I haven't seen it
Anybody has got pictures or more details?

Friday the 13th was indeed unlucky for that guy
Old 16th September 2013, 11:14   #14049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
Fortunately no one was injured. The occupants of the car inspite of such a bad crash misbehaved at the scene..
The locals so wanted to whack the shit out of these guys but myself and some people maintained their cool and dint let that happen. Violence would not have solved anything but the way the guys behaved. The girl started randomly shouting and using abusive language. When some ladies offered to help, she denied and instead lit a smoke...
Anyways bottomline no one was killed or injured but the car was totaled. The occupants were taken away by cops, no clue what happened next.
Well no offences Vishbull, but just imagine somene sleeping unders those stalls, would have never woken up for sure. Most of the times its the families who run these stalls.
I agree that violence would not have solved the purpose but 1-2 or may 4-5 tight slaps would have definately solved the purpose. Reason for saying so is the behavior they showed post the accident.
They would be "let away" after some under the table transactions. My apologies to write this but this is a fact, as no one will turn up.

Appiciate your patience in the heat of the moment.

Saw you 2nd post late, hence edited:
As Vishbull said they paid some donations & fled, what did the grocer got. <Nothing>.
What a shame.

At least he would be satisfied he thrashed the culprits. On the lighter not, let the grocer have the totalled car, allow him to sell it & recover the losses.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 16th September 2013 at 11:18. Reason: Saw Vishbull's update after posting initial comments.
Old 16th September 2013, 11:27   #14050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

I agree that violence would not have solved the purpose but 1-2 or may 4-5 tight slaps would have definately solved the purpose. Reason for saying so is the behavior they showed post the accident.

Appiciate your patience in the heat of the moment.
Thank you and I understand from where you coming from , and honestly even I felt that a slap or two wouldn't be wrong. But imagine if I had let loose one two blows then seeing me the 40 odd crowd would have done the same. That was something I wanted to avoid, The crowd turning into a mob would not have spared anything. I am only happy no one was injured.
Vishbull_6157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 12:05   #14051
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this is the right place to post this piece of news. Mods, please move if found irrelevant to this thread.
My Faith Restored in Humanity.
Quote:
Couple saves life of mishap victim, pays for teen's surgery
Complete news article HERE
Soumyajit9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:00   #14052
BHPian

Brand New Stingray

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_000845.jpg
Old 16th September 2013, 14:24   #14053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Brand New Stingray
Stingray welcomed by the unruly traffic. Very bad to see but the damage seems to be controlled. Any info how it happened and where?

thanks

AD
Old 17th September 2013, 09:04   #14054
Distinguished - BHPian

Heights of stupidity!! Sad that the family had to pay the price for one man's idiotic actions.

Quote:
7 die in road accident on way to Hardwar

LUCKNOW: In a road accident a family of seven including three kids died on way to Hardwar late Friday in Meerut district. Harendra Prakash, a resident of Sector 18, Noida left his residence with seven family members in the evening in a car to take a dip in Ganga in Haridwar via Meerut. Around 9.50pm, Prakash opened the door of the car to spit. At that time he was crossing the Gangnahar (canal) and lost control on the wheel.

"The car smashed the bridge wall and plunged into the river while Prakash somehow slipped out of it before the collision," said S S Yadav, in charge of Jani PS. All the seven that included Prakash's mother Rakesh Devi (53), brother Sachin (29), wife Manju (28), sister-in-law Suman (25) and his two kids and niece were feared drowned. The three kids were under five years of age.
Source - http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...war-three-kids
Old 17th September 2013, 09:16   #14055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Heights of stupidity!! Sad that the family had to pay the price for one man's idiotic actions.

Source - http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...war-three-kids
Extremely sad news. What a price to pay for show off. I know some drivers who do that and mostly for show off. Have told them multiple times about the risks but no use. Will show this news, this might wake them up. But very sad to hear about the kids, what was their fault? May their souls rest in peace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks