Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 10:10   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
What ever had come out from Indica, sent back inside.
Haha! Exactly my thoughts.

The bumper and all are tied up. Looks like it happened while on a long trip.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:21   #1412
BHPian

Hi,

Did anybody reciding in DELHI/NCR see the honda city(New one) accident over the Mahipalpur Flyover today morning around 8:30 ? It was a brand new car mo9st probably driven by a lady as she was the only one standing near the CAR. The bonnet was badly damaged. The cabin was all safe. Noone hurt I guess. Could not take a pic as I was in my cab.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:57   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmax View Post
Hi,

Did anybody reciding in DELHI/NCR see the honda city(New one) accident over the Mahipalpur Flyover today morning around 8:30 ? It was a brand new car mo9st probably driven by a lady as she was the only one standing near the CAR. The bonnet was badly damaged. The cabin was all safe. Noone hurt I guess. Could not take a pic as I was in my cab.
Hey i witnessed that one, was a few meters away when this happened, couldnt take the picture as i was driving.

Four cars were involved in the accident, in the order as follows :

Wagon R ( the culprit ) >>> ANHC >>> Wagon R >>> Baleno

All four were following each other very closely at speeds of 80-90kmph, when this Wagon R in front jammed its brake, you know why, because he missed the right turn towards international airport on the flyover, without looking into rears he just jammed brakes, and there was this pile up behind.

ANHC was sandwitched between two Wagon Rs, the front part of the ANHC was completely damaged, at first i couldnt believe how much damage can rear of Wagon R do to the front ANHC.

The Wagon R in the front just had its rear bumper dislocated, though it was still hanging on.

Couldnt see the rear damage cleanly on ANHC and the second Wagon R and the Baleno.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:16   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post

ANHC was sandwitched between two Wagon Rs, the front part of the ANHC was completely damaged, at first i couldnt believe how much damage can rear of Wagon R do to the front ANHC.
The rear ends of cars are much stiffer than the front ends. The front end is made to absorb the impact in much more scientific manner.
Now in the case you have mentioned, lets say car no. 1 = culprit wagon r, 2 = G3HC, 3 = Wagon R and 4 = Baleno.

If you see the damage done to front end of car no. 3 by the rear end of car no. 2, you will realize the stiff rear ends. Similarly the car no. 4 will be damaged more due to collision with rear end of car no. 3.
Old 21st January 2009, 18:41   #1415
Senior - BHPian

spotted these at the back yard of KTC hyundai
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image000.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image004.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image006.jpg  

Old 21st January 2009, 21:24   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Do you have any details about what happened to Verna and Santro.
For verna, I think some tree or some other heavy object fell on the rear right side of the car and the entire C-pillar caved in. I hope there were no passengers in the car at that time.

For Santro, I think they rear ended a truck. But I think the chances of survivors are more and we can see that atleast the left front door is not jammed due to impact of crash.

EDIT : From the second picture, Verna has some damage to doors. I think this not case of tree fall or something, but it rather looks like the car rolled over.
I am now having serious doubts on verna's dynamics considering the cases of crashes of this car.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st January 2009 at 21:27.
Old 21st January 2009, 21:31   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Boy! Thats some serious damage to those cars. The Verna looks pathetic!
Old 21st January 2009, 21:50   #1418
BHPian

some accidents from vizag.

the innova was on the wrong side of the road when this happened, and a city bashed from the front and finally a testament to the civic's build quality. this guy took a turn at over 160, hit the divider, veered off the road and hit the sidewalk, was launched into the air, hit two trees and spun 4 times before coming to rest on its roof. none of the occupants except the driver had any injuries. the driver had a few stitches on his face.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2646.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2647.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2648.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2650.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1692.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1690.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-capture.jpg  

Old 21st January 2009, 22:07   #1419
Senior - BHPian

The Innova is now parked in an "official" parking space.

Taking a turn at 160 ? Damn! Thats scary.
Old 21st January 2009, 22:10   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Amazing that people actually survived the crash in the Civic.Apart from build quality,sheer luck!!
Old 21st January 2009, 23:05   #1421
Senior - BHPian

No Doubt driver is a complete moron in taking a turn at 160. People were lucky to escape it. IMO in such case with good build quality you need lots of GOOD LUCK.
Old 21st January 2009, 23:27   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
this guy took a turn at over 160
We are so fond of spicy food, aren't we?
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:52   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Rather than the build quality, it was luck that helped the occupants come out alive and remain alive after this. The Civic is badly damaged and the A-pillars have caved in, obviously due to high speed. 160 kmph is a very high speed and I wonder how on these sub urban roads, the driver was doing 160.
Its just Good Luck that saved them all.

The Innova is still relatively intact, but I expect suspension to be hit somewhat hard.
The city lies there as if it just got a small blow as compared to Civic.
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:15   #1424
BHPian

Train hits car at unauthorized crossing

Bangalore: An unmanned railway crossing in a busy bazaar in the heart of a city, and an accident is waiting to happen. Add to this

people crossing the tracks casually, and it is a recipe for disaster. In one such instance, a couple escaped sure death on Wednesday morning at the railway line, right under the Lingarajapuram flyover.

Driving a car, husband Pinchu and wife Shilpa were trying to cross the railway line under the flyover when one of the wheels got stuck on the tracks. The front wheels had crossed while the rear wheels were stuck so tight that no amount of revving the engine could pull the car over.

Just then a train approached, and the helpless couple had no way of getting out in time. The train hit the car right in its middle and dragged it along for about 15-20 metres, before coming to a halt.

Passersby ran to the car with hacksaws and hammers, broke open the window panes and the windshield and yanked the couple out to safety. The door on the driver's side was jammed into the train. That left the couple only the other door and the front.

The unmanned railway crossing under the Lingarajapuram flyover is a shocker: the line runs right under the bridge and is exposed to all and sundry, with no gates or any form of barrier. The point under the bridge is where vehicles take almost an entire minute to cross the track, as the rails are a little bit higher than the ground level.

While the incident happened at 8.30 am, the scene barely three hours later was just the same -- it seemed nothing had happened, people were crossing over the railway track at the very spot of the mishap, elders, school children, middle-aged, men, women, cows, dogs, what not. An auto with gas cylinders got stuck at the track at noon and took a whole minute to cross over from one side to another. Cycles, two-wheelers and a three-wheeler with textile loads were crossing the railway track all at once.

No one looked left or right. Nobody seemed to think a train would come as they didn't hear a horn or the sound of wheels. They were crossing out of sheer habit and a confidence that they'd get to know when the train came. One such mistake almost cost the couple their lives.

The road is not even at the point where it intersects the railway track, and is crowded most of the time with vehicles. There are shops just five metres away and a school for handicapped children, in the age group of 5-12 years. What can be more appalling than an elderly man walking out with a handicapped girl in a wheelchair, right next to an unmanned railway crossing that only has a few broken iron bars that were once a gate?

Source: Times of India
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage1.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2009, 08:56   #1425
BHPian

Passengers in this green palio will have more mental trauma than physical. One thing I don't understand how the rear wheel got struck on railway track because at crossing the tracks are on the level of road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks