Senior - BHPian

God, ishan- you are incorrigible.

Tyrewala rules.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:52   #1772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The Q7 is riding on incorrect tyres.
Only you could have find that. Do share why you feel its incorrect.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:59   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gawwd you and your never ending fetish for tyres .
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:04   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
You mean those tyres are too lopro or asymetrical?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Only you could have find that. Do share why you feel its incorrect.
No, because from the looks of it she's been fitted with tyres meant for Cars rather then much heavier SUV's. It's not very clear but from the looks of it, she's on Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's (could be wrong though, need higher-res pics for a definitive identification).

There's are a few reasons why there are separate designs for cars & SUV's and I believe that car tyres should not be fitted on to SUV's & vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
God, ishan- you are incorrigible.

Tyrewala rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Gawwd you and your never ending fetish for tyres .
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:23   #1775
Senior - BHPian

They're Maxxis MA-Z1s. Very popular in India as inexpensive upsize tyres. Quite good, too.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:49   #1776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
They're Maxxis MA-Z1s. Very popular in India as inexpensive upsize tyres. Quite good, too.
Sorry dude, but those are indeed Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's. The Maxxis have smaller more smaller treads.
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:08   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I though so too, but the I picture I had appeared a bit different. And they are ok, nothing spectacular. On m4ugr8's Civic, their lack of grip led to the ABS kicking in way too early.

And they're certainly not designed for use on a 2.5T SUV.

EDIT: Here are the pics I have:

Maxxis MA-Z1
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-maz1.jpg

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-gy_eagle_f1_gs_d3_rf_ci2_l__17744.jpg

Last edited by iraghava : 3rd March 2009 at 21:12.
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:47   #1778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...she's on Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's (could be wrong though, need higher-res pics for a definitive identification).
I think your identification of the tyres is spot-on. However, these ARE SUV tyres. I understand these tyres come as OE on the Q7, and the tread pattern is indistinguishable from Eagle F1s meant for cars. Please take a look at Goodyear.

It is sad to look at a majestic off-roader like the Q7 on its side, probably because of the sheer incompetence of the person behind the wheel.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 3rd March 2009 at 21:51.
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:06   #1779
BANNED

Great ! You are the resident Holmes, when it comes to tyres
Quote:
Old 4th March 2009, 01:12   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I think your identification of the tyres is spot-on. However, these ARE SUV tyres. I understand these tyres come as OE on the Q7, and the tread pattern is indistinguishable from Eagle F1s meant for cars. Please take a look at Goodyear.
My mistake in that case. I had checked the Indian site of Goodyear and that does not show the D3 being available in any size for SUV's.

Here: GSD3
Old 4th March 2009, 17:52   #1781
BHPian

Accident on Hyderabad-Bangalore Road

Yesterday (3 March) I was travelling from Kurnool to Hyderabad. On the newly laid Shadnagar by-pass, about 44 km from Hyderabad there was a horrible accident at about 6 pm.
A dirt-laden monstrous truck was hurtling down the wrong side of the road. Presumably the truck belonged to the road construction firm. I was on the proper lane and the truck passed along my car, on the wrong side of the road, facing the oncoming traffic. I could see more than five individuals inside the cabin, laughing and chatting away. There are new LED signboards fixed above the road, urging people to stick to one's lane and warning not to drive on the wrong lane! After a while I slowed down to take a phone call and when I regained speed and passed about 5 km I saw a small crowd of people running toward the middle of the adjacent lane. As I slowed down I saw a young man, may lying on the road, on his side. One look and I knew he was dead. Indeed he was. The same truck was standing at an angle about 20 meters from the body, swerved to right. Beneath its front wheels was the mangled motorcycle the young man was riding. By the time I reached the spot the occupants of the truck had fled. I thought of taking a photograph, but then decided against it. Spoke to one bystander and took the number of the nearby police station and made a call.
One witness told me the motorcycle was coming behind a truck and was trying to go ahead. But unfortunately for him this killer truck appeared suddenly in front of him and there was nothing he could do. His head hit the road and the death was instant. There was very little blood on the road.
Now that the road work is going on in the Hyderabad-Bangalore road, there are lot of diversions and one has to switch lanes. At several places one has to drive on single lane. In many places even though the double lane work is over there is no indication that one can drive through and unknowingly many drivers just drive along.
But in this accident there was no such excuse. After the newly put up toll booth, at a distance of 50 km from Hyderabad, road work is almost complete and there are two distinct 4 lane road for traffic. What the truck driver did was unpardonable. I don't know when these killers learn the right manners. It was so sad to witness the accident.
Old 6th March 2009, 09:11   #1782
BHPian

In today's TOI

6 vigilantes chase youths, 3 die as their car hits truck
RWA Men Objected To Drinking Outside Apartment

Medha Chaturvedi | TNN

Quote:
New Delhi: It was a community effort that went horribly wrong. Rattled by some thefts in their society and suspicious of some men drinking in a car outside their gates, six residents chased the car in the dead of night, only to collide with a truck in sector 21 of Rohini in north-west Delhi early on Thursday. Within minutes, three were dead while two are fighting for their lives in hospital.
Akash Ganga Apartments in Sector 24 was plunged into sorrow on Thursday. Residents swung from despair to anger as they blamed lack of policing for forcing them to tackle a law and order problem themselves.
According to the residents, soon after midnight, a watchman had noticed three people sitting in an Alto car outside the society gates, allegedly ‘‘drinking and creating a nuisance’’.
The watchman called the president of the society’s resident welfare association, Kuldeep Singh (42). ‘‘A few days ago, some car stereos had been stolen from inside the society compound and the thieves are yet to be caught. The watchman found the behaviour of the men in the car suspicious,’’ recalled Ram Niwas Solanki, a resident.
He said that when Singh reached the gate, accompanied by Pramod Rana (35) and Ajay Vishwas (35), and challenged the men, they were abusive and threatening. At this, Singh and Rana, both property dealers, and Vishwas, a businessman, called up three other members of the RWA — Naveen (40), owner of a gas stove factory in Nangloi, Praveen Tomar (47), manager with PNB, Rohini branch, and Lal Mani (45), a property dealer.
They were all woken up, and the six then got into Rana’s Verna car to chase the men in order to ‘‘teach them a lesson’’. Interestingly, the cops claimed to have recovered a licensed revolver belonging to Rana from the car. They were woken up for tragic end
New Delhi: The Rohini RWA members gave chase to the Alto but found themselves on the wrong side of the road. Both the cars were said to be at high speed. According to Vishwas — who was on the backseat, in the middle, and managed to escape with minor injuries — they had reached a T junction between Sector 21 and 22, 4km from the apartment, and did not notice a truck coming straight at them. ‘‘It was dark, the street lights were not on. The truck’s headlights were also off. While the Alto crossed it from one side, the Verna crashed into it from the left,’’ Vishwas recalled.
The impact of the collision was so strong that the car was completely wrecked. Rana, who was in the driver’s seat, suffered severe injuries and Singh, who was sitting next to him, died on the spot. The Alto managed to get away.
Tomar and Naveen died on the way to hospital while Lal Mani and Rana are still in a critical state. They are being treated at Jaipur Golden Hospital.
Cops say they could be registering a case of causing death due to rash and negligent driving against Rana for being on the wrong side of the road. ‘‘The truck driver is not at fault as he was on the right side and, therefore, we may register a case against the people in the car. Investigations are on and we are verifying the claims about the Alto. So far, no case has been registered,’’ said a police officer from Aman Vihar police station.
He added that while Rana’s blood samples showed no traces of alcohol, one person’s blood reports contained alcohol.
The families are still to come to terms with the tragedy. ‘‘My husband had returned home and and we were sleeping. He was called a number of times by these people and some of them came up to our house to take him away,’’ said an inconsolable Kamlesh, Tomar’s wife. ‘‘He was the kind who would stay away from trouble. Now, he is gone.’’
Singh’s eldest daughter, Nitin, said her father was a responsible person and always thought of contributing to society. Her uncle, Rajkumar, said Kuldeep rushed down to the gate only because the watchman would not have been able to handle the miscreants. ‘‘Had there been enough security or patrolling by the police in this area, we wouldn’t have to take matters into our own hands,’’ he said.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-verna.jpg  

Old 6th March 2009, 09:21   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
In today's TOI

6 vigilantes chase youths, 3 die as their car hits truck
RWA Men Objected To Drinking Outside Apartment
Medha Chaturvedi | TNN
Is this road single lane or two way? where both driving on the wrong side? Looks like the car went under the Truck. RIP
Old 6th March 2009, 09:25   #1784
Senior - BHPian

@-GS-:

Very, very sad incident. I am speechless. We need good people in the Indian society and they end up like this. Its shameful for Indian society and on the government's part that incidence like this has happened.

The verna looks horribly shattered. I wonder if a stronger car would have helped much. This was a very high speed crash into a relatively rigid object like truck. And the case is to be registered against Verna's driver ?
A tragic story to say the least.
Old 6th March 2009, 09:40   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Why blame government? I think we are to be blamed!! The guys in Alto are also irresponsible in thier acts!! So we as common citizens of the country do not have any responsibility and drink in cars outside residential areas!
Shame on the Alto guys!They have snuffed out precious lives of some people just because they want to drink!!!
RIP!!

How come the police do not book case on the truck driver as he is driving without lights?? that is also an offence right>?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks