Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:47   #2881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

Mrinal really sad to see that accident. How does the loss come to that six figure amount? The Accent is not much damaged to be needing that huge sum.
Even I feel that the estimates are on the higher side. Please See the quote:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-est1.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2009, 20:51   #2882
BHPian

Sad to hear that Mrinal, but i dont understand onething from the quote, if they are going to change the bumper, fender, bonnet hood, etc, why are they charging for painting? could someone please enlighten me?
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:55   #2883
Senior - BHPian

New body panels come unpainted.

I see that the drive shaft will make a big hole in your pocket.

Commiserations.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:55   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Sad to hear that Mrinal, but i dont understand onething from the quote, if they are going to change the bumper, fender, bonnet hood, etc, why are they charging for painting? could someone please enlighten me?
Usually Bumper will be in black plastic.. This is how they get it from the factory. Later on, they will do the painting based on the car color.
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:07   #2885
Senior - BHPian

@MrinalSinha - there are lot of parts which can actually be repaired instead of replacement. As long as you have insurance it should not pinch much, with replacements.
labour would be covered & some depreciation (% increase with years) on metal parts & 50% for plastic/rubber etc.

Why have they mentioned dashboard?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd July 2009 at 21:09.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:52   #2886
BHPian

You better stay with the company repairs, else the local guys will only spoil the car. As long as you have the insurance i dont think it will be too much a cost.
Old 24th July 2009, 00:17   #2887
Senior - BHPian

My two cents:

The initial estimate provided is normally on the higher side to cover for all possible damages and may not necessarily match with the final amount that is being charged. The final amount is normally lesser than the estimate given as the customer is billed on actuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Why have they mentioned dashboard?
That is for labour charges towards removal and refitment of the dashboard

Last edited by rr_zen : 24th July 2009 at 00:18.
Old 24th July 2009, 09:18   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Even I feel that the estimates are on the higher side. Please See the quote:
Mrinal sad to see your accident.

Is the list an estimate or has already been approved by Insurance? If your vehicle is 5 Years or older, depreciation on metal parts would be 50% (IIRC) and depreciation on plastic components is standard 50%. Also someone recently told me that painting is not included ( I might be wrong here). I feel you should ask your workshop fellow for repair of the hood and few other parts that be salvaged. Also IMO insurance will reduce this bill by atleast 40%.

Please let us know once the insurance approves the estimate.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2009, 09:36   #2889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even I feel that the estimates are on the higher side.
If your car is less than 1-2 years old, then the depreciation (which you pay from your own pocket) is 5-10% for metal parts - and insurance pays 100% for repairs/denting, all labour charges and painting. Over 4 years: you pay 40-50% anyway for replacement parts. Plastic/rubber/glass parts, they only pay 50% at any time - so you bear the brunt of the replacement cost of the bumpers!

Just painting cost for the bumpers and panels works out to over Rs.15,000 - of course, insurance pays 100% for this. Why do you need the rear buper painted? Tyre and rim cost of Rs.5,000 seems too high. The rim is steel, and doesn't seem damaged. You might want to check out prices of tyres, bumpers and panels in the open market. Accent panels are easily available, at least in Delhi.

What is the item called "mirror roof"?
Old 24th July 2009, 10:20   #2890
BHPian

Thanks guys for the concern. the details are:

1. The car is 13 months old.
2. Depriciation on metal part is 8%.
3. Plastic and rubber 50%.
4. Mirror roof is the rear view mirror installed on the windsheild. Due to the impact the pin which holds it to the windscreen has bent. The pin is not available separately so they will replace the whole mirror assembly.
5. The moment I was hit from the wrong direction, a biker has hit the rear bumper and the tail lamp. So they are also getting replaced/ repainted.
6. All labor, including paint job is 100% paid by insurance.
7. Because of the impact the Tyre has burst and the rim has bent considerably. So that has to be replaced.
8. The bonnet hood has been holed as several places due to the impact, so I will prefer that to be replaced.
9. What the *** had informed is that all the parts will come in black color and they will be painting them to match the car color.

I guess I will stick with what Hyundai provides me rather than buying an after market product.
Over all, my gut feeling is I will be paying in between 15-25% of the total losses.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 24th July 2009 at 10:23.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:33   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear and see that Mrinal. Looks like a The insurance company is going to make good hay (& stack) out of it. But what the heck, as long as you are not paying the enitre bill, relax!
Old 24th July 2009, 10:36   #2892
BHPian

Safari in Pune

This Safari was parked at the river bank in Pune. Unsuspectingly heavy water flow came down from the dam (they opened doors) and some such vehicles got trapped in water, which were pulled out later.

Screenshot from TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-spm_a0101.jpg  

Old 24th July 2009, 12:53   #2893
BHPian

Quote:
Dont Ask for details....
Was this in front of the TCS/E-Park Building in Kondapur?
Old 24th July 2009, 21:06   #2894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for the concern. the details are:

1. The car is 13 months old.
2. Depriciation on metal part is 8%.
3. Plastic and rubber 50%.
4. Mirror roof is the rear view mirror installed on the windsheild. Due to the impact the pin which holds it to the windscreen has bent. The pin is not available separately so they will replace the whole mirror assembly.
5. The moment I was hit from the wrong direction, a biker has hit the rear bumper and the tail lamp. So they are also getting replaced/ repainted.
6. All labor, including paint job is 100% paid by insurance.
7. Because of the impact the Tyre has burst and the rim has bent considerably. So that has to be replaced.
8. The bonnet hood has been holed as several places due to the impact, so I will prefer that to be replaced.
9. What the *** had informed is that all the parts will come in black color and they will be painting them to match the car color.

I guess I will stick with what Hyundai provides me rather than buying an after market product.
Over all, my gut feeling is I will be paying in between 15-25% of the total losses.
That maybe some Rs 25K or less for you to bear. Since its needs replacements of many parts its the best to rely on genuine company spares.And the car is insured - so need not have major worries. Had it been insured as 3rd party where no such reimbursements are allowed, one could think of bonnet and fender (L/H) denting rather than spend Rs 9K + Rs 2.2K and so on. But many spares whether comprehensive or 3rd party, will have to be totally replaced like balance rod, axle, wheel rim, headlight assy and its paraphernalia (all appear too costly) , mirrors etc.
Can only wish that the car gets back fit'n fine on the road as soon as possible!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th July 2009 at 21:11.
Old 24th July 2009, 21:50   #2895
BHPian

Accident that Happened near Infosys, Mangalore Police in Urva station said that brake failure led to the accident. the public who gathered on the spot had alleged that the bus driver was drunk and was driving negligently!!! Now do you smell a rat ??? Luckily No casualties! thanks to My friend Daya Kukkaje for the Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks