Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 10:46   #7921
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Any news/pics on the mumbai -pune expressway pileup ? Heard 2 volvos and a couple of trucks along with a SUV were involved .Seems the road was closed for 3-4 hours!
Saw one more accident at the same stretch on Saturday. I think it was quite some time since it had happened and the Indica cab was being towed away. The cab was on the side going towards Mumbai. The Pune going traffic was stopped for the vehicle to be towed. The picture does not show the full damage but the front was smashed and the steering wheel was dangling down.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00033.jpg
Old 19th April 2011, 11:08   #7922
Senior - BHPian

Couple of high speed accidents reported in Mumbai last night. Sadly a 16 year old lost her life and her sister is in ICU. This was in Honda City.

The second accident involved a Porsche. It seems speeding and knocking down a motorcyclist.

Link below for details. Source: NDTV.com

Two crashes on Mumbai roads; one dead
Old 19th April 2011, 11:29   #7923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Couple of high speed accidents reported in Mumbai last night...
Saw this news report on NDTV just as I was prepping for office and the state of the Honda City left me . It must be doing very high speeds when the driver lost control.
Old 19th April 2011, 14:30   #7924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Saw one more accident at the same stretch on Saturday. I think it was quite some time since it had happened and the Indica cab was being towed away. The cab was on the side going towards Mumbai. The Pune going traffic was stopped for the vehicle to be towed. The picture does not show the full damage but the front was smashed and the steering wheel was dangling down.

Attachment 533101
Man !! Its the same notorious spot !! Cant they install some speed breakers / barricades to get the speed reduced or even have the interceptors there ? That will help reduce accidents and also will increase the revenue.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:42   #7925
BHPian

Spotted on NH-45 ( Trichy - Madurai), Sunday noon. Not sure about the details.

Sorry for the poor quality, taken from mobile.

In this picture, the rear of the tavera was smashed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img056.jpg

It's actually a container trailer which is over the the fly-over wall blocking the entry. Not sure how that happened. Both were spotted within 100 meters of each other.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img058.jpg
Old 19th April 2011, 16:46   #7926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Spotted on NH-45 ( Trichy - Madurai), Sunday noon. Not sure about the details.

Sorry for the poor quality, taken from mobile.

In this picture, the rear of the tavera was smashed.
I am confused why the truck is travelling on the wrong side of the road in the first picture?

The Tavera seems to have been rear ended which caused it to jump the divider.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:57   #7927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am confused why the truck is travelling on the wrong side of the road in the first picture?

The truck looks to be on the service lane on the left side and is not on the main carriageway.
Looks like a water tanker truck used for road construction. The roads looks to be still under construction.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:43   #7928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Man !! Its the same notorious spot !! Cant they install some speed breakers / barricades to get the speed reduced or even have the interceptors there ? That will help reduce accidents and also will increase the revenue.
Speed breakers?? On the expressway??? You must be kidding. They would cause more accidents than are happening now. Boards and markers, yes. Speed breakers?? Absolutely NO!

Old 19th April 2011, 18:51   #7929
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe because he already spotted the container blocking the bridge as truck and Tavera are not more than 100 meters apart?
Old 19th April 2011, 20:05   #7930
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for the confusion! I took the pic after crossing the truck. It's on the right (correct) side of the road alright, though not sure how it got into that position.
It was at the beginning of the over bridge and so we had to take the service road that goes underneath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
The truck looks to be on the service lane on the left side and is not on the main carriageway.
Looks like a water tanker truck used for road construction. The roads looks to be still under construction.
It was a proper container trailer and it was on the main carriageway blocking it. We had to take the service lane right from the place where the Tavera was found till we crossed the flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Maybe because he already spotted the container blocking the bridge as truck and Tavera are not more than 100 meters apart?
There is a slight possibility for it, good observation !
Old 20th April 2011, 10:22   #7931
BHPian

Spotted this Scorpio (or whatever is left of it) on my way to office (Faridabad - Gurgaon road) this morning. Seems like it toppled over the curve. A,B,C,D - all pillars crushed. The truck had no damage, so I guess it was just a break down case and nothing to do with the accident.

FBD-GGN road is being made a toll road and on this particular stretch, there is a steep drop of 5-6 feet on either side of the road. So I guess someone got too close to the edge. Hoping no major injuries but if there were any passengers, may the Force be with them. Sid
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011042000107resized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011042000108resized.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 10:41   #7932
BHPian

Miraculous Escape !!!

This is what happens when a Santro gets rear ended by a Tractor-Trailer in the Ghats downhill. The Santro coming from Bangalore to Palakkad topples several times & ends up facing Bangalore in a 6 lane road with divider.

Casualties:
The cleaner (assistant) of the trailer dies on the spot & driver is still in ICU.

Miracles:
All 3 (2 adults & 1 kid) escapes without any injuries.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0204.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 10:55   #7933
BHPian

Was going through the TOI today morning, and was shocked to see this accident.
e-paper Sign-in

Its very difficult to imagine how one can drive at speed of 120Km/hr on Pedder road that also at 10PM, where the road has reasonable traffic.

IF not able to vide the link, find the Pic, the damage is so much its difficult to Recognise, as per TOI its Honda City.

But i doubt, how can a car will get damage so badly on the Pedder road, it may be possible by mistke they have put Pic of other car, any one from that part of the City seen this Car..?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 11:10   #7934
Team-BHP Support

Re: Miraculous Escape !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
The Santro coming from Bangalore to Palakkad topples several times & ends up facing Bangalore in a 6 lane road with divider.

Miracles:
All 3 (2 adults & 1 kid) escapes without any injuries.
When was this?! I know of a friend with his wife and infant kid who were travelling from Bangalore to Palakkad, in a black Santro Xing, with non-painted bumpers! I pray it isnt them!

EDIT : Just called up and checked, it wasnt them. Phew.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th April 2011 at 11:24. Reason: Additional info
Old 20th April 2011, 13:11   #7935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Speed breakers?? On the expressway??? You must be kidding. They would cause more accidents than are happening now. Boards and markers, yes. Speed breakers?? Absolutely NO!

Actually, it helps for us Indians. At a decending Ghat section on NH7 near Dharmapuri, there are 8 speed breakers. Prior to that, there were too many accidents, typically overturned trucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks