Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2015, 11:52   #17191
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
In the interest of safety for your loved ones, ENSURE YOUR LOVED ONES (FAMILY & FRIENDS) ATTEND A DRIVING CLASS, TAKE THE TEST, PASS IT AND SECURE A LICENSE TO RIDE / DRIVE rather than paying an RTO agent and securing a licence.

This has to change. I was reading about how touts have been asked to stay away from Delhi RTOs now that AAP has won. For that sole reason alone, I want AAP to come to power in more states. The lack of discipline on our roads has gotten way out of hand. We need to put a check on the casualties quickly. So many destroyed families, so many mangled bodies.

Not supporting the bus driver, but then sticking to the right lane and then turning right for a bus might be difficult if the lanes are narrow. But going from extreme left to right is absurd. I do not know about Pune, so have no idea what the junction looks like. I just hope the injuries were not too severe.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:05   #17192
Senior - BHPian

Re: Major Train Accident near Hosur

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Bangalore to Hosur stretch is a hilly terrain wherein trains generally go slow. Not sure how this accident took place
Hilly terrain starts from Hosur towards Salem.

Till Hosur or just before Hosur is almost a 90 Kmh limit line.
Boulder hit is what is being said at around 70 Kmh.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:09   #17193
BHPian

Re: Major Train Accident near Hosur

Quote:
Bangalore to Hosur stretch is a hilly terrain wherein trains generally go slow. Not sure how this accident took place
As per the latest TV report, derailment happened due to train hitting some rock boulder lying on the track. Exact location of accident is Anackal. Passengers on Seat Nos. 1 to 30 in D8 coach are the maximum injured.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:38   #17194
Team-BHP Support

Chennai: 2 persons dead and 3 injured when a VW Polo toppled multiple times after hitting a median. R.I.P the deceased.

But this one takes the cake:

Quote:
“Eyewitnesses said the car rolled over at least four times before it came to a halt. This suggests that the car was moving at over 100 kmph,” said a police officer.
Brilliant conclusion by the cop!

Source: Indian Express
Old 13th February 2015, 12:49   #17195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I got to see the photos that you mentioned. Gory is a conservative word to describe it.

You say this is a made up story? I think so, or it is a mismatch- because the graphic photo has the shops with hindi name in it while for the bike they used this photo in that i think?
Yes, They are being circulated with the picture of R1.
While the R1 crash had 2 guys on it.
I agree, the circulated pictures are really really bad, just thinking about it gives me shivers. May the departed souls rest in peace.
Old 13th February 2015, 13:02   #17196
Senior - BHPian

The train accident is about 8Kms away from my home!! Gosh, really sad and scary. Been riding that line at least a few times a year for last 30 years! Few of my friends ride that line to east bangalore the daily morning local Hosur-blore push pull train.

Hope to visit that place tomorrow. :(
Old 13th February 2015, 16:49   #17197
BHPian

A little off-topic but I am drawing a comparison with TATA Sumo. Friends of mine were traveling in a taxi when they were hit near the right hand side door by an oncoming bus. The driver died, my friend sitting just behind the driver died and the rest of the guys suffered very serious injuries. The roof of the sumo just blew off. It just emphasises the importance of side bar protection and air bags along with a generally sturdy construction.

I wonder when TATA will provide sumo's with such protection. Life in India is cheap.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th February 2015 at 03:08. Reason: Please run a spell-check before posting. Thanks!
Old 15th February 2015, 16:08   #17198
BHPian

CHENNAI: Two students of a private college in Vandalur on the outskirts of Chennai were killed when a car they were travelling in rammed a van near their college on Thursday morning.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46217257.cms
Old 15th February 2015, 16:17   #17199
BHPian

Guys, managed to survive a nasty bike riding accident yesterday, 8 kms before Polur, TN.

Was on my way to Yelagiri for the weekend with my buddy. Two Thunderbirds rolling relaxedly, when at a "Accident Prone Curve", a trucker almost hit me, coming on to my side on the two lane road.

In a bid to avoid him, flicked the bike left, only to have a pothole on that edge of the road.

The last thing I remember is letting go of the handlebar and rolling multiple times into the culvert nearby.

Only a sprained left knee for me, thanks to all the riding gear. Bike was intact and working, so was able to ride back home (200 odd kms with that swollen left knee)..!!

My friend riding behind me jumped to my rescue, so couldn't take a note of that truck's registration number..!!

All in all - a lesson learnt about riding in two lane state highways and a ruined weekend!
Surya-TJet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 23:57   #17200
BHPian

Witnessed an accident today on NH17 aka 'Notorious Highway #17' and now aptly named NH66 while coming back to Mumbai just near Kolad.

An autorickshaw (presumably a Force Minidor) locally known as tam-tams had rammed head-on into a tree either due to reckless driving or to save a biker who was also present at the accident site with a damaged bike. We slowed down to check on the occupants' condition and whilst most of them were safe although shaken, there was a guy who suffered a severe head injury and was bleeding profusely. Considering that there was a ditch/drain right beside the tree and the civilians helping him out of it, I assume he was thrown right out the windscreen upon impact.

I haven't traveled much along this route up until recently but I now realize how it earned its notoriety. Almost every single motorist, including us*, were driving haphazardly just missing each other by inches. These were, by far, the worst driving mannerisms I've ever seen. They really need to hasten up that road widening project on this route and turn it into a dual carriageway.

*I wasn't driving

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 16th February 2015 at 00:00.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 05:19   #17201
BHPian

I met with an accident on Saturday while taking a right. I had green signal whereas a Eicher came straight (even though he had a red) and hit my car in the front wheen arch. My car turned about 30 degrees and hit a BMW 520D face to face. The BMW guy was watching the whole thing and he was actually waiting for me to go since I had a green signal. Now have to suffer with an accident (mentally) for no mistake of mine.

Please wear seat belts. Just because of wearing one, I didn't even move a inch at the time of impact which saved me from banging my head on the window. Else, I'm not sure what would have happened.
Astonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 07:16   #17202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I met with an accident on Saturday while taking a right. I had green signal whereas a Eicher came straight (even though he had a red) and hit my car in the front wheen arch. My car turned about 30 degrees and hit a BMW 520D face to face. The BMW guy was watching the whole thing and he was actually waiting for me to go since I had a green signal. Now have to suffer with an accident (mentally) for no mistake of mine.

Please wear seat belts. Just because of wearing one, I didn't even move a inch at the time of impact which saved me from banging my head on the window. Else, I'm not sure what would have happened.
Wish you a speedy recovery mate. Also you have highlighted an important life saving point
WEAR SEAT BELT.
Old 16th February 2015, 09:11   #17203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post

which signal was this at?
Old 16th February 2015, 10:29   #17204
BHPian

Quote:
Wish you a speedy recovery mate. Also you have highlighted an important life saving point
WEAR SEAT BELT.
Thanks a lot. It happened at the signal outside SRMC.
Old 16th February 2015, 10:40   #17205
BHPian

Krishnagiri: Three persons were killed in a road accident after a carrier van rammed a parked truck near Burgur in Krishnagiri district on Thursday. The accident took place as the van driver failed to notice the parked truck on the road side.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46225152.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks