Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 02:05   #17311
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
A video of how useless and scum-of-the-earth people have become. This does not seem to be a major crash and there is hardly any damage to either of the cars.
But the reaction by Innova guy is horrible. Speechless. There are people who are working real hard to support the economy and the Innova guy seems to have a lot of free money.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1033155173365971

@mods: Please remove this post if found inappropriate.
I was not sure if this could be a part of road rage thread, hence posted it here.
Man, he is just plain lucky that he did this to a cold-headed Wagon-R owner, and not me. Otherwise that would have been the last day of his existence on this planet, consequences being damned.
Usually I consider myself a cold-headed person, but times like these provoke me to break someone's head. Videos like these show the extent of hooliganism in our country. This isn't road-rage by any chance, this is simply mental-sickness!!
And did someone notice, the person who took that child in his arms also kicked the Wagon-R. What kind of upbringing are we expecting here for the child??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 08:50   #17312
Distinguished - BHPian

Barbarians. He does not love his car forget what he is doing to Wagon R. And in presence of wireless wielding police guy???!! Would surely want to know what happened next.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 09:28   #17313
Senior - BHPian

Name of the individual driving Innova : Yogesh Pujara.
Incident Date : 23-Feb-2015.
The lady driver of Wagon R was inside the car when Innova was deliberately rammed into Wagon R.

Another News Article : http://www.business-standard.com/art...2801388_1.html

I used to frequent the place where incidence took place. The video is in Gujarati.
Have to appreciate how brave the lady is.

EDIT :
http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/ahmed...w/46402295.cms

The article has more details. Driver of Innova tried to take out ignition key of Wagon R. Good that the lady did not come out.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th March 2015 at 09:43.
Old 6th March 2015, 10:00   #17314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Would surely want to know what happened next.
+1

I am sure some action or the other would be taken only because the video went viral on social media.

It was clear that the guy has some connections or he himself is a big shot or considers himself one, as despite cop's presence, he behaved that way.

Imagine if the lady in the Wagon R had small kids or a patient with heart problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Name of the individual driving Innova : Yogesh Pujara.
Incident Date : 23-Feb-2015.
The lady driver of Wagon R was inside the car when Innova was deliberately rammed into Wagon R.
Please do update if you come across any further news on this episode.

__________________________________________________ _

I dunno, but if some one hit my car, I will shrug and move on, simply because no amount of quarreling/fighting will reverse those damages.

Maybe if it is some one's mistake, he/she realizes and wishes to compensate, then maybe...else not worth bother.

People have become too short tempered. They seem to vent out everything on the road. Angry boss/wife, honk more. Be late deliberately and drive fast to make it up. Else, how can you explain the incessant honking, no discipline or following of any traffic rule on the roads?

What is the need to honk when the lights turn green? When the toll operator hands out the receipt + change? And at fuel pumps? The pump stops and the guy in queue starts honking. No one is building a house there and everyone will move, just be a bit more patient. Start early. Don't get irked.

Talk politely, does wonders.
Sheel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 10:08   #17315
BHPian

Accidents in India - PICS

What difference is there between the guy who ran over the security guard in Kerala and this Innova guy! If he could do this in broad daylight in front of everyone including a Cop (BTW for what reason is that Cop there?), he could be as bad as the killer down south if the situation was same as what happened in Kerala.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 10:10   #17316
Distinguished - BHPian

How do such people face there society, family and friends after doing such a thing? It really amazes me. What if next time it is a municipality truck that is on the other end and he too decided to take the same action on the Innova? The biggest concern for me is that he did this in front of the Cops and hence shows clearly no signs of fear of the law whatsoever. And don't blame this on anger issues. This is clearly criminal intent and assault.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 10:51   #17317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
BTW for what reason is that Cop there?
This is a crunchy situation for a policeman, especially if she/he holds a low rank, isn't it?
If the policeman acts against that rowdy and if that rowdy has contacts, the policeman will get in a big trouble. He may get suspended.

If the policeman doesn't act because of this fear and also that he doesn't know that a video is being recorded, and that video goes viral, he is still in big trouble. He will get suspended for not performing his duties.

I only wish that all actions of police are constantly recorded for their own good. But I know our police will be against it, because then they won't have freedom to do certain things
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 11:08   #17318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How do such people face there society, family and friends after doing such a thing? It really amazes me.
Quite proudly, thumping their chest & their illusive biceps in the process. Some strata of society sees them as hero.

Mohit and others, it will really be a long discussion, but you know as to where our society is heading. Instead of stopping rapes, educating our society, politicians want to stop airing that video which spoke the truth. Believe me, after hearing all that, I am going to abide by what he says. Sorry, went a bit OT there.

Quote:
What if next time it is a municipality truck that is on the other end and he too decided to take the same action on the Innova? The biggest concern for me is that he did this in front of the Cops and hence shows clearly no signs of fear of the law whatsoever. And don't blame this on anger issues. This is clearly criminal intent and assault.
I really wish someone asks him that. I bet his answer will be - " I will block his path, pull him down & beat him black & blue"
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 12:44   #17319
BHPian

TRICHY: Four people, including two kindergarten students were killed when the school van in which they were travelling collided head-on with a speeding limestone-laden truck at Kallankurichi intersection in Ariyalur district on Thursday evening. Four UKG students sustained serious injuries in the accident. In the impact, the van fell topsy-turvy into a pond near the road. Police arrested the driver of the truck.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46473334.cms
Old 6th March 2015, 13:11   #17320
Senior - BHPian

From that article:

"The van driver, in which 11 children from various villages were travelling, lost control of the vehicle and collided with the truck coming in the opposite direction."

and

"Police said the rash driving by truck driver Sasikumar, 30 of Lalgudi in Trichy district, led to the accident."

???
Old 6th March 2015, 13:22   #17321
Team-BHP Support

That video is SICK! What is a law-abiding citizen in a country like ours supposed to do? Just stand and watch his property getting willfully damaged, or risk intervening and getting assaulted, all this is full-view of the system and its cronies who are supposed to protect us?

I don't have a vigilante mindset (yet), but I find it increasingly hard to condemn people who take unto themselves to get even, instead of awaiting justice the 'prescribed' way, which often remains undelivered.

It could easily be me and my family in the same situation someday. Should I just sit there and get assaulted (possibly murdered) because I believe in a civilized society and not 'eye for an eye' barbarism?
Old 6th March 2015, 13:50   #17322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
From that article:

"The van driver, in which 11 children from various villages were travelling, lost control of the vehicle and collided with the truck coming in the opposite direction."

and

"Police said the rash driving by truck driver Sasikumar, 30 of Lalgudi in Trichy district, led to the accident."

???
Whom to blame? Van driver or the truck driver. I suppose the van driver was also driving fast.
God give courage to the parents of the deceased kids.
Old 6th March 2015, 13:53   #17323
Senior - BHPian

That was a sick video of 2 hoodlums threatening a lady. Any updates on the case, what sections on the IPC are being applied ? The cops should put an attempt to murder charge on those 2 men. Had it not been for the video, nothing would've happened.

EDIT : Read that those 2 men were arrested and also got bail because the charges were diluted !

Last edited by sdp1975 : 6th March 2015 at 13:56.
Old 6th March 2015, 13:58   #17324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Whom to blame? Van driver or the truck driver. I suppose the van driver was also driving fast.
God give courage to the parents of the deceased kids.
These guys are absolute monsters on the road. They drive with absolute impunity and it seems as if there is no one to stop them.
Not just the truck drivers but the school us drivers too.

It is high time, the Govt started licensing school bus drivers atleast. They carry the future of humanity.
As for the parents, there is absolutely nothing that will set thing right. No word or emotion can possbily capture what those parents feel.

But are we doing the right thing? Just yesterday, I saw a man carry 4 - yes 4 children on a bike, that too crossing a busy intersection with potholes (Brand Factory, Marathahalli, Bangalore). I feel bad for these kids.

It again boils down to the scant respect that we have for life and people in general in India.
Old 7th March 2015, 18:18   #17325
BHPian

Saw this banged up Etios on Marathalli road towards HAL. Not sure what had happened, it was lying in the opposite direction of the traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150305_165302.jpg  

Most Viewed