Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:37   #17671
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram.soma View Post
Luckily no one was hurt. The cleaner had a minor fracture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Er... isn't that a contradiction?
I think he meant no one died
Old 23rd May 2015, 06:53   #17672
BHPian

A new case of a Honda City catching fire in Delhi. May the Soul rest in peace.

A 24-year-old hotelier was burnt to death inside his Honda City as it burst into flames after hitting a road divider near Todapur in central Delhi on Friday morning. Though the actual cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, police and fire officials suspect that a short circuit and a rupture in the fuel tank could have sparked off the blaze.

Source: http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi...w/47392212.cms
Old 23rd May 2015, 08:08   #17673
BHPian

Looks like it had quite an impact, before it caught fire I presume. This looks like either the New Honda City or the Facelifted NHC, both of which would certainly be more than 5 years old, contrary to what the article says. I think in this generation of the City the fuel tank used to be below the front passenger seat, not sure.
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:02   #17674
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Manza on side of the road near Tata Dealership at Kalali Area, Vadodara. Dont know any details but it seems the car took crash reall well. It seems a high speed impact though.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150523_160214.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2015, 21:17   #17675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Spotted this Manza on side of the road near Tata Dealership at Kalali Area, Vadodara. Dont know any details but it seems the car took crash reall well. It seems a high speed impact though.
The one really solidly built tata car - and a really comfortable drive too. Is the zest similar in build quality, I wonder.
Old 23rd May 2015, 21:37   #17676
BHPian

This was sent by a colleague through Whatsapp.
Apparently the Innova was taking a fast U-turn and dint notice the parked Swaraj Mazda on the other end it. The occupants (4 in number) were taken to a hospital promptly. No fatalities.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150523-21.15.39.jpg
Old 23rd May 2015, 23:47   #17677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
This looks like either the New Honda City or the Facelifted NHC, both of which would certainly be more than 5 years old, contrary to what the article says.
This is the Honda City 'Dolphin' as it was called. Was on sale between somewhere in 2003/4 to 2008 following which the ANHC was launched. That would automatically make it at least 7 years old. Don't know why those folks are telling lies. Maybe they mean they owned it for past five years :rolleyes: . And yes, this was the first iteration of the City to have it's fuel tank under the front seat/s, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 24th May 2015, 07:05   #17678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
This was sent by a colleague through Whatsapp.
Apparently the Innova was taking a fast U-turn and dint notice the parked Swaraj Mazda on the other end it. The occupants (4 in number) were taken to a hospital promptly. No fatalities.

Attachment 1373869
I doubt it to be a U turn. It seems to be too fast for a U turn or else how can Innova get such damages?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th May 2015 at 07:25.
Old 24th May 2015, 08:44   #17679
Senior - BHPian

Yet another accident near Annur. Crashed into the STC bus when overtaking. Report says the Swift bore temporary registration plates. 6 casualties.

Doesn't help in this case, but the accident exposes the flimsy front end of the Swift.

Image source: Dinamalar tamil epaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24_05_2015_011_002_001.jpg  

Old 24th May 2015, 10:04   #17680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I doubt it to be a U turn. It seems to be too fast for a U turn or else how can Innova get such damages?
Innova cannot take a U turn at speeds greater than 10 kmph. The damage inflicted clearly indicates Innova's speeds much much higher. To get the bonnet ripped in that fashion and damage extended till the windshield, it would be doing in excess of 80kmph at least. The bus ahead might have slowed down for a turn or some obstacle and the Innovas overtaking manoeuvre might have completely gone wrong.
Old 24th May 2015, 10:29   #17681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
To get the bonnet ripped in that fashion and damage extended till the windshield, it would be doing in excess of 80kmph at least. The bus ahead might have slowed down for a turn or some obstacle and the Innovas overtaking manoeuvre might have completely gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

As my friend witnessed the incident live (bus was indeed parked), this happened inside the tech park and there is less scope of travelling at 80 kmph inside due to the enormous number of turns and speed breakers. My assumption would be that the damage caused could be due to the angle in which the innova has rear ended the bus.
Old 24th May 2015, 12:06   #17682
Senior - BHPian

Yet another accident report from TN.

Punto (Active) smashed. The photo is gruesome so i am adding a link to the news site directly.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2830050.ece

Photo:

http://media.newindianexpress.com/Si...x%20Killed.jpg

Last edited by ramzsys : 24th May 2015 at 12:09.
Old 24th May 2015, 15:16   #17683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Yet another accident near Annur. Crashed into the STC bus when overtaking. Report says the Swift bore temporary registration plates. 6 casualties.

Doesn't help in this case, but the accident exposes the flimsy front end of the Swift.

Image source: Dinamalar tamil epaper.
Whilst I admit that Maruti build/safety is a whole topic all on its own, I can't help doubting, with this much damage, that any car would have fared much better.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 20:50   #17684
Senior - BHPian

Saw the aftermath of an interesting accident today - cement truck apparently swerved left to avoid a bump while overtaking past a honda city near the Bellandur flyover on the outskirts of Bangalore (near the central mall) - and bashed in a door + a rear fender panel. Kept driving on.

The irate City driver - a middle aged lady wearing a silk saree - chased him all the way to Sarjapur Road, about half a kilometer down from the total mall - so a 2.5 to 3 km distance - and managed to get him to stop. She was yelling at him, he was on the phone to his owner and denying that it was his fault. Of course, an interested crowd gathered to watch all the fun.

I told her to take a photo of the offending vehicle's license plate and the scraped paint on its side, the damage caused to her car, and then submit it all to her insurance - that she'd get nowhere arguing with the driver instead of the vehicle owner. Maybe not the best advice possible - but no cop anywhere nearby, the driver was getting aggressive (etc) so it seemed the best advice under the circumstances.
hserus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 00:42   #17685
BHPian

Came across this sad news.
http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi...w/47402048.cms

What made me very sad was that these young boys died for no fault of theirs and have left behind two sisters and a mentally ill father. These two were the sole breadwinners of the family.

Most Viewed