Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 07:07   #17701
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Accident: Etios Airport Taxi rear ended container truck

Situation: Didn't see any passenger or driver. Cops were present and tow vehicle was attaching towing rope to extract the cab from the truck. Traffic was building up.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg

PS: Pic taken at stop-go traffic.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 09:37   #17702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Accident: Etios Airport Taxi rear ended container truck
This is bound to happen. The tailgating by these airport taxis seem to be the usual cause of such accidents. Don't know when they will learn to maintain safe distance from the vehicles ahead. Hope no one is injured.
Thanks for the heads up. Informed my colleagues who travel to office on that road.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:03   #17703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
This is bound to happen. The tailgating by these airport taxis seem to be the usual cause of such accidents. Don't know when they will learn to maintain safe distance from the vehicles ahead. Hope no one is injured.
Thanks for the heads up. Informed my colleagues who travel to office on that road.
Just for the information, this is on the lane towards the City from the airport side.
I had posted the same in the Rants on Bangalore Traffic thread, but it was moved here. So yes, please inform others about this, so that they can be prepared to face some jams.

Cabbies - Never learn. Its a Do or Die for them. They do rash stuff and then die one day. There is no learning in between. I wish the driver survived to tell his story to others.

Today, I was driving to airport at around 80 kmph and these airport taxis zoomed past me and disappeared from the horizon. Must be doing 120 - 130kmph.
Half a year back, had encountered one of these idiots. He was doing 100s' and the overspeeding warning system started saying "Please slow down. You are crossing the speed limit". The bugger switched it off and continued. I had to intervene 6 times to make him slow down.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 10:18   #17704
BHPian

Quote:

Cabbies - Never learn. Its a Do or Die for them. They do rash stuff and then die one day. There is no learning in between. I wish the driver survived to tell his story to others.
Not all are rash sir, usually these guys (Airport Cabs, Meru,Ola.etc) dont drive too rash, because they want to save fuel. On the Airport road, they maintain regular speeds to avoid changing gears, braking and accelerating, hence they try to sneak into all the gaps, which I consider is quite rash & irritating.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:35   #17705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Not all are rash sir, usually these guys (Airport Cabs, Meru,Ola.etc) dont drive too rash, because they want to save fuel. On the Airport road, they maintain regular speeds to avoid changing gears, braking and accelerating, hence they try to sneak into all the gaps, which I consider is quite rash & irritating.
I return home between 9 and 10pm. At times, I return home after midnight and I can safely say that even with passengers on board, almost each of these Airport cabs are driven rashly. I drove along with them almost every day for at least 15 kms stretch (MG road to Hebbal).

Simply speaking, the stretch from Highgrounds to Hebbal is all it takes these guys to get a certificate in Rash driving!!

Whenever I am driving back home past midnight (EC to Vidyaranyapura), it is these Airport Taxis which I see competing with almost everyone on road, cutting traffic and obviously jumping all the signals, parking at an angle (if they ever stopped at a signal) so that they can cut you and jump ahead when that light turns green, constantly on high beam (It will be interesting to see that 100% cabbies drive on high beams, just peep into their instrument cluster next time).

Least to say, these cabs have Zero courtesy for long haul truckers who have a lot of patience that we all have known them for.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 10:45   #17706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are the last person on earth to be bothered about Fuel
The speed (120-130kmph) at which they drive, the last moment braking, the high revved pick up from standstill. Nothing indicates of fuel saving.

By the way, the ones who drive sanely, have a close look, they must be on cellphones, to be least bothered about what is going around.

Like Parag said, he sees the circus everyday to and fro work. Can't agree more with him !
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 11:01   #17707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Like Parag said, he sees the circus everyday to and fro work. Can't agree more with him !
Few times, I deviate from Raj-Bhavan (Chalukya) towards Seshadripuram and take the Sampige Road - Yeshwantpur option to reach home simply because I know I might end up raising my tempers. It has happened to me many times and I prefer simply deviating from my regular road and take the road less taken by these cabbies to reach the Airport. So much peace of mind that way and this practice helps me avoid getting into Road Rage type situations too!!

If I am leaving from work between 9 and 10pm, I plan to leave at 8:50 or after 9:20. That way, most of the cabs from various offices from EC would have already passed the Elevated Flyover while I peacefully drive back home but do encounter a few (though in lesser numbers now).

The reason I confidently rant about these cabbies is due to my timings. You normally don't see them during the usual 9-6 window (as most companies would have hired buses).
Old 29th May 2015, 11:13   #17708
BHPian

Quote:
According to what I knew these organisations pay the driver a salary plus an incentive per trip. So they drive as fast as they can to do as many trips as possible. I may be wrong though.

However, in my short trips to Bangalore when I usually head to the city from the airport I often see most of these airport cabs et al. driving at break neck speeds. They cross lanes without caring about traffic rule.

I am not surprised seeing this picture. A case of a powerful machine in the hands of the wrong people. Most of the cabs seeem to have upgraded from less powerful vehicles/autos that they drove earlier. A sudden feel of power makes them go overboard.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:36   #17709
BHPian

Two incidents:

1) When my brother-in-law hired an airport cab (Meru) when he was going on-site about an year back, I followed the cab in his Alto with the rest of the family members. And boy, someone had to keep calling my bro's cell to ask the driver to slow down, since I didn't want to drive rash to keep up with him. He jumped a signal too.

2) Two months back, my neighbour's car got rear-ended pretty hard by another airport cab (a Verito) when he had slowed down. I told him that whenever I see someone tailing me too close, I let them over-take me for my peace of mind.
Old 29th May 2015, 12:14   #17710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Two incidents:

1) When my brother-in-law hired an airport cab (Meru) when he was going on-site about an year back, I followed the cab in his Alto with the rest of the family members. And boy, someone had to keep calling my bro's cell to ask the driver to slow down, since I didn't want to drive rash to keep up with him. He jumped a signal too.

2) Two months back, my neighbour's car got rear-ended pretty hard by another airport cab (a Verito) when he had slowed down. I told him that whenever I see someone tailing me too close, I let them over-take me for my peace of mind.
I second your thoughts. While returning home in a MERU airport taxi after returning from Detroit, i observed many a times the warning message indicating that the driver was over-speeding but he conveniently chose to ignore them.
Fortunately it was raining forcing the driver to slow down wherever required.
Old 29th May 2015, 17:01   #17711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are the last person on earth to be bothered about Fuel
The speed (120-130kmph) at which they drive, the last moment braking, the high revved pick up from standstill. Nothing indicates of fuel saving.
Not to mention standing on the clutch at signals, to save the few seconds required to slot the car back from neutral to fifth gear.
Old 30th May 2015, 15:28   #17712
BHPian

Five doctors killed in a road accident in MP

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/47480148.cms

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nagpuraccis-1.jpg

Image source: http://www.ibnlokmat.tv/archives/170581
Old 30th May 2015, 15:47   #17713
BHPian

Accidents in India - PICS

Not recent pictures but last year's. I was riding my R15 from Anand Vihar, Delhi and this Wagon R close called me. After a kilometer ahead I decided to click it's picture while waiting for left-turn signal to turn green.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432978658.913492.jpg

As I knew the driver in Wagon R is reckless and going to turn left I decided to manage as much as distance from his car.

The light turned green, he drifted on turn as the left turn is usually empty. He was doing 90kmph+ even after knowing the fact that there's u-turn ahead.

Bam! Wagon R collided into white i10 on u-turn. Wagon R was almost a feet above air, rotated and went from extreme right to left and again hit a red i10.

This is just after collision.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432980699.405139.jpg

White i10 turned and hit divider. No injuries though but a teen kid hit his head on dash because he wasn't wearing seat belt.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432978795.583213.jpg

White i10 driver called the police and I witnessed the whole incident.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432979209.411446.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432979360.387221.jpg

Last edited by r.joshi : 30th May 2015 at 15:51.
r.joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 15:55   #17714
Senior - BHPian

Funny thing is the wagon R has a brahmakumaris logo on the rear windshield. Fellow should have done some of their meditation before going on the road.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 18:05   #17715
Senior - BHPian

Today morning 5 am accident on Faridabad bypass. Apparently an auto suddenly came from wrong side, driver swerved and hit the standing truck on the left at speed of 70-80.

My friend was sitting in the back seat and got a fracture on wrist. Driver and Co passenger got minor injuries which looking from the pics is a miracle. It was a brand new Innova bought a week back. Strangely, airbags didn't opened on a frontal impact.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1432989158427.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1432989171657.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1432989184060.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks