Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 00:55   #18466
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This is one accident happened near to my factory. A drunk truckiee rammed the Honda city from behind, but I don't think he can be at high speed since there are no roads!
Fortunately, there was no one in the car and it was parked there. The truck driver fled away from the scene, however I am not sure how people let him run away as it is a pretty busy area!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150805wa0014.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150805wa0011.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150805wa0010.jpg
parth.jain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:08   #18467
Distinguished - BHPian

Easy to blame others for not doing the right thing while you were clicking pictures. Number plate pictures would have helped.
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:22   #18468
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the pictures were clicked much after the accident and he wasn't around when the accident occurred. Let's not jump to conclusions.
honeybee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 09:33   #18469
Distinguished - BHPian

@honeybees the pictures show truck bashed in and then no truck. His post mentions the truck guy (delete this - drive) RUN away. So he was present when he reversed and drive away. Logical? Of course there could be other extenuating circumstances that only he can share.

Edit I mean run away.

Last edited by sudev : 22nd August 2015 at 09:54.
Old 22nd August 2015, 09:41   #18470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@honeybees the pictures show truck bashed in and then no truck. His post mentions the truck guy drive away. So he was present when he reversed and drive away. Logical? Of course there could be other extenuating circumstances that only he can share.
Do you see the truck driver inside that I can't?
What are you trying to say!
RavSam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:04   #18471
BHPian

Quote:
@honeybees the pictures show truck bashed in and then no truck. His post mentions the truck guy (delete this - drive) RUN away. So he was present when he reversed and drive away. Logical? Of course there could be other extenuating circumstances that only he can share.

Edit I mean run away.
The truck driver fled, i.e. ran away from the spot. The truck would have been pushed/moved backward by the people after the accident. Maybe the truck is still there but not visible in the pic.

Regarding this horrible incident, I am still thinking why the truck driver would have created this mess. I mean, rear ending a parked car with this speed/force and there was a wall just ahead of the car.
vin11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:11   #18472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the pictures show truck bashed in and then no truck. His post mentions the truck guy (delete this - drive) RUN away. So he was present when he reversed and drive away. Logical? Of course there could be other extenuating circumstances that only he can share.
The truck crashed into the parked car. The OP and others saw it at a later point of time. He clicked the pictures. The truck was towed away, and the last pic posted was clicked. Doesn't this sound more logical?

A relative of mine perished in an accident involving his Duke200 and a bus, near Ottappalam, Palakkad, Kerala last night. He wasn't wearing his helmet, which was hung on the handlebar, according to the people who took him to Valluvanad Hospital. The doctors at the hospital said he was brought in with a ruptured stomach and lung, squashed liver and severe head injury, to the extent that they found no brain inside the skull. The bike disintegrated, and only a bunch of wires remain in the front. Though my heart goes out for his parents, I don't have such a sympathy for the deceased - a classic case of what looked like undeserving power in irresponsible hands.

This has been mentioned time and again - wear a helmet, and ride safe - a 2-wheeler is a myriad times more susceptible to errors, whose error doesn't matter; and it can cause a lot of grief
silversteed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:24   #18473
Senior - BHPian

Sudev, it's inconceivable that the truck driver reversed the truck but fled without it. It's possible the driver fled as soon as possible after the accident, and photos were taken much after that. I have seen truck drivers and their companions making a quick getaway via ditches and fields on the roadside after crashing into another vehicle, to escape backlash. So why assume that the photographer witnessed the accident and let the driver escape?
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 14:35   #18474
Senior - BHPian

21 year old student dies after a jeep mows her down inside the campus during Onam celebrations. Note the extended bullbar of the jeep in photos. Murder charges have been framed against 12 students.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...her-down-33543

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/news/...w/48591229.cms

Last edited by sdp1975 : 22nd August 2015 at 14:40.
Old 22nd August 2015, 14:41   #18475
Distinguished - BHPian

Why the supposition and counter-supposition of what happened after the Honda was rammed by the truck? parth.jain can, if he wants, simply answer the question.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 15:57   #18476
BHPian

Dear fellow team-bhpians, I think I should clarify the following things:

1) First of all, I didn't click the pictures. I was not present during the accident. I was in my factory while the accident happened. The pictures were sent to me on Whatsapp by some known people. Therefore, I was not blaming other people while enjoying clicking pictures.

2) I came to know from the same source and my staff that the truck driver fled the scene, that is why I mentioned that the truck driver fled the scene.

3) Today, I got to know that the owner of the transport company was called in the presence of Police soon after the accident, and maybe they reversed the truck or it was towed. This is an industrial area, so labour, crane etc. could be arranged within few minutes, that's how the truck could have been reversed easily.

4) Police was called, insurance survey was also done, owner of the truck and driver was identified, and the case was settled. Therefore, I don't know how posting the truck number plate would have helped.

It's funny how conclusions can be drawn just from a statement and pictures I didn't mean to offend anyone!

And if I was present there, I would have tried my best to stop that truck driver from fleeing the scene!
parth.jain is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:32   #18477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
It's funny how conclusions can be drawn just from a statement and pictures I didn't mean to offend anyone!

And if I was present there, I would have tried my best to stop that truck driver from fleeing the scene!
Guess it was a misunderstanding from others, appreciate the clarifications from your side.

But sad, that car is a total loss
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:54   #18478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
A Kerala State RTC Ordinary bus lost control while trying to save a motorcyclist and toppled and fell on the car killing almost 8 people till this time.
This stretch is known for accidents and is a 2-lane road without divider in between.

See news in malayalam: http://www.mathrubhumi.com/story.php?id=570098
Its not 8 its just 4. Kindly be careful while posting info as it is clearly mentioned in the link about the number of people.
The incident also involved another car in white which while trying to save a biker hit the bus. The bus tire was punctured and lost control and toppled. The driver of the red car tried maximum to avoid the incident but the bus slid towards it and ultimately rammed into it killing 3. Other deceased was from the bus.

Last edited by ram_hyundai : 22nd August 2015 at 16:57.
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:05   #18479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Its not 8 its just 4.
We are talking about lives here. Lives that reserve the right not to be judged by us. The article was not in english so I wasn't able to read it, but from your post I understand that fewer lives were lost than initially reported on this forum. Still, it isn't wise to be referring to the loss as "just 4"

We must all really try being sensitive to the topic that this thread deals with, and must choose our words more carefully. Merely adhering to t-bhp rules like sticking to two emoticons per post and not getting into personal wars with other members, simply is not enough here and I hope everyone can understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks
IshaanIan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:30   #18480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
We are talking about lives here. Lives that reserve the right not to be judged by us. The article was not in english so I wasn't able to read it, but from your post I understand that fewer lives were lost than initially reported on this forum. Still, it isn't wise to be referring to the loss as "just 4"

We must all really try being sensitive to the topic that this thread deals with, and must choose our words more carefully. Merely adhering to t-bhp rules like sticking to two emoticons per post and not getting into personal wars with other members, simply is not enough here and I hope everyone can understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks
I hope you understood what you have told. My intention is clear here, to tell the actual story. A goofed up figure of 8 was right but my actual figures are seen as a grave mistake. I do respect not just t bhp rules but everything around me.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2015 at 14:08. Reason: Last line isn't needed
ram_hyundai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed