Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2016, 12:53   #20026
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Looks like over speed is the cause for that accident.

By the time when i saw they have towed the figo and started unloading the truck, They parked truck rear - rear and started unloading . When i saw that i was surprised no hazard lights/no signs

I think next to Shoolagiri, I saw another Figo grey color is fully collapsed(only front right side of the car remains) and parked road side. No information about that accident - any one does?
Old 7th March 2016, 13:01   #20027
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
My juniors met with a very bad accident at around 8 pm yesterday on outskirts of mangalore. One guy was serious and still under observation post surgery. It was a Honda civic.

http://www.coastaldigest.com/index.p...-dining-at-bar
I understand the driver passed away today
Old 7th March 2016, 13:03   #20028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I understand the driver passed away today
Yes, he had a severe head injury. I work in same hospital where those guys are admitted
Old 7th March 2016, 15:14   #20029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Spotted a ZoomCar Figo accident on Saturday morning near Krishnagiri.

The car had rear ended an eicher truck and there was a huge crowd and ambulances. Anyone have more info?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZRACER View Post
Looks like over speed is the cause for that accident.

By the time when i saw they have towed the figo and started unloading the truck, They parked truck rear - rear and started unloading . When i saw that i was surprised no hazard lights/no signs

I think next to Shoolagiri, I saw another Figo grey color is fully collapsed(only front right side of the car remains) and parked road side. No information about that accident - any one does?
One week back there was another Zoom Car Figo which rear ended a truck near Hosur. Zoom car accidents are really on the rise.

Last edited by arun_josie : 7th March 2016 at 15:15.
Old 7th March 2016, 16:13   #20030
Senior - BHPian

Was returning home in a cab after a night of partying with my friends when they noticed a bike on fire behind a truck. I was nearly passed out on my friend's lap so didn't see it myself but they all said it was very horrifying one of them was so horrified she immediately told me to get back to driving only cars and sell my bike off(I recently bought myself an RC390 ). This was on Saturday night maybe around 1:30am (technically sunday) opposite esteem mall before the big flyover. There were loads of cops and apparently the biker passed away. We did not want to stop and add to the scene so told the cab driver to drive away immediately. Anyone have any details about this?

Last edited by aah78 : 7th March 2016 at 18:51. Reason: Reference to alcohol removed.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 09:02   #20031
Senior - BHPian

Inquiry report is out. Some points,
  • Inquiry report on the accident by Satish Kumar Mittal, Commissioner of Rail Safety, Southern Circle.
  • The lorry carrying a single stone weighing 21 tonnes was overweight by 4 tonnes and driven by a person having no driving licence.
  • The driver disregarded warning boards placed on the road in compliance of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, and dashed the moving train disregarding the closed condition of the lifting barriers of the Level Crossing.
  • The driver was also riding over 40kmph the permissible speed near the level crossing.
  • The report has fixed the primary responsibility on the person driving the lorry AP16 TT9885.
  • None of the railway staff were held responsible for the accident,
  • The Bangalore Railway Division suffered a loss of `3.38 crore due to the accident.
Source: Truck Driver Caused Nanded Express Accident
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 11:04   #20032
BHPian

Two hurt after car veers out of control, hits Freeway railing
http://www.asianage.com/mumbai/2-hur...ay-railing-857
A 24-year-old engineer and his 23-year-old female colleague were injured after the Maruti Swift they were travelling in veered out of control on the Eastern Freeway and banged into a railing while coming down the flyover in the Bhakti Park area of Wadala in Central Mumbai on Tuesday midnight.
According to the Wadala TT police, the incident occurred around 12 am when the two persons Jayesh Nair (24) and Nazaneen Khan (23) were homebound after celebrating the former’s birthday party at the Trident Hotel. Nair was driving the car while Khan was seated next to him.
While Nair is a resident of Vashi, his friend Khan is a Nerul resident. Both work in Muscat, Oman and were in the city for a few days. “At 4 am on Wednesday, they had to catch a flight back to Muscat and seemingly were in a hurry to reach their respective homes,” said a police official.
“They were speeding on the Freeway. Nair said that he lost control over the wheels while coming down the bridge and he ended up banging the vehicle to the railing. No other vehicle was involved in the accident. He was not driving under the influence of alcohol. A medical test has been conducted at Sion Hospital,” said senior police inspector Sushil Kamble of Wadala TT police station.
The impact of the accident was such that the car’s front was completely damaged. Nair has suffered injuries on his fingers, legs and stomach. Khan has suffered injuries on her stomach and legs.
Both have been admitted to Kohinoor Hospital and shall be arrested once discharged from the hospital. They are out of danger. An FIR has been registered against them under Section 279 (rash driving on a public way) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the IPC.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc.jpg  

Old 11th March 2016, 21:24   #20033
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457711492.687608.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457711511.824466.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457711528.538541.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457711547.860115.jpg

Spotted outside Nerul police station. No injuries. Don't know how the accident occurred but I think the Ertiga fared quite well. Entire passenger cell looks intact. Also the debris was lifted off the road and put inside the cabin. Hence it might look like intrusions in the cabin, but the dashboard was intact.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 21:30   #20034
Team-BHP Support

If there's no cabin intrusion in the footwell & knee areas (impossible to tell from the pics), front crumple zones have done their job well.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th March 2016 at 21:32.
Old 11th March 2016, 23:29   #20035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Spotted outside Nerul police station. No injuries. Don't know how the accident occurred but I think the Ertiga fared quite well. Entire passenger cell looks intact. Also the debris was lifted off the road and put inside the cabin. Hence it might look like intrusions in the cabin, but the dashboard was intact.
As an Ertiga Owner I am glad to see that the cabin has held up well in the crash. As no crash test data is available was available for the Ertiga I had it on the back of my mind on how crash worthy the car was when I bought it.

But this crash seems to be a full head on one and not an offset crash like most car crashes are. So its not conclusive too.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th March 2016 at 13:59. Reason: Correcting broken quote.
Old 12th March 2016, 03:50   #20036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
...No injuries. ... Ertiga fared quite well. Entire passenger cell looks intact.
The vehicle passenger cage seems to have held up well.
Its great news there are no injuries.

The steering seems to be torn apart possibly due to impact of the driver on the steering. Also one of the front seat backrest is twisted due to the rear passenger falling on it (again possibly no seat belt was used).

However good a vehicle may be, not wearing seat belts nullifies all the passive safety features.

Not related to this incident:
Its quite disturbing to see people placing their kids on their lap between them and the steering while driving. Just imagine the hazard for the kid (trapped between the adult and steering wheel) during a hard braking or an impact.
Holding a kid in the front passenger seat is equally hazardous (more so with the passenger holding the kid being unbelted). Its high time the awareness of such hazard is spread among our masses.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th March 2016 at 03:53.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 19:13   #20037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Holding a kid in the front passenger seat is equally hazardous (more so with the passenger holding the kid being unbelted). Its high time the awareness of such hazard is spread among our masses.
It starts right here, on Team-BHP, making each other aware and spreading the knowledge to new members.

Holding a child in any seat, front or back, is lethally hazardous.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 11:25   #20038

Young avid biker dies in a tragic accident. Happens to be my colleague though do not know him personally neither have I met him in person. From his FB looks to be a guy with lot of life and enthusiasm. Heart sinks thinking about his family and what all this chap must have been dreaming for his life. RIP.

I do happen to see a lot of bike activity happening in the hoskote region, esp near adigas, during weekends. Anyone from that group knows what happened and how he lost control?

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/51386391.cms
Old 14th March 2016, 11:55   #20039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_555 View Post
Young avid biker dies in a tragic accident. Happens to be my colleague though do not know him personally neither have I met him in person. From his FB looks to be a guy with lot of life and enthusiasm. Heart sinks thinking about his family and what all this chap must have been dreaming for his life. RIP.

I do happen to see a lot of bike activity happening in the hoskote region, esp near adigas, during weekends. Anyone from that group knows what happened and how he lost control?

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/51386391.cms
I drive regularly on that stretch. There are a few dips and rises on the stretch between Hoskote and Kolar that can bottom out cars.

The highway is not perfectly flat. If a biker is not careful, he/she may end up losing control.

Maybe that is what ended up happening here. However this is just speculation - it could be something completely different.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:44   #20040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Both have been admitted to Kohinoor Hospital and shall be arrested once discharged from the hospital. They are out of danger. An FIR has been registered against them under Section 279 (rash driving on a public way) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the IPC.
Why arrest the passenger as well? A case of bad-reporting or is it because the co passenger egged the driver on to speed?

Most Viewed