Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 19:01   #21181
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Remnants of two best selling cars after an accident near Srirangapatna. A BBMP corporator from Lakkasandra was killed in the incident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-171468754031lakkasandramahesh3.jpg  

Old 17th July 2016, 19:31   #21182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Remnants of two best selling cars after an accident near Srirangapatna. A BBMP corporator from Lakkasandra was killed in the incident.
One's Swift and the other one, I presume to be a Wagon-R !

Both of them speak for the Build Quality of the Marutis though !

I wonder how the accident took place and no doubt it seems to be a high-speed collision!

What made the Swift's Roof cave in !?

Did it turn turtle ?

Last edited by poised2drive : 17th July 2016 at 19:32.
Old 17th July 2016, 19:48   #21183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
I received the following pics over Whatsapp. The accident has happened somewhere in Mumbai/Thane suburbs.

It's said that the Hyundai (red) came in the wrong direction and rammed the Range Rover. After that the Hyundai rolled over a couple of times. No casualties but people in the Hyundai needed an ambulance, RR driver was fine.

A news report/someone else clarifying the same would be helpful.
OMG!
I was travelling with my friends in another car in the opposite direction of this car around Vasai yesterday and saw this speeding quite a lot on the highway. Cannot believe it landed up in this state just few hours later!
Old 17th July 2016, 20:32   #21184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

I wonder how the accident took place and no doubt it seems to be a high-speed collision!
Here you go,

http://www.starofmysore.com/main.asp...ews&item=47099
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 22:05   #21185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Looks like the Swift was t-boned by the Wagon R. Is it occupants wearing seat-belts versus not wearing seat-belts?
__________________________________________________ ____________
The impact was such that the occupants of the WagonR, BBMP Corporator and two others were killed on the spot, while another sustained injuries. Meanwhile, no one in the Swift car was injured.

All the four occupants of the Swift car escaped miraculously with only minor injuries as their car's air bags were deployed.
Old 18th July 2016, 08:59   #21186
BHPian

Saw two accidents on my way back from the Kempegowda International Airport today morning at around 545 AM.

1. The first one spotted was on the flyover and looked like an Indica Vista cab that managed to aquaplane on the thin sheet of water on the flyover and hit the left side retainer wall. Did not look like there were any casualties and the police were already at the scene.

2. The second one was another cab that managed to hit the median, and overturn and land on the opposite lane leaving a large trail of damage and carnage behind. This car was in a pretty bad shape and the make - model almost impossible to recognise. The car, white in colour had considerable damage to the front and back apart from being on its roof. There was a huge crowd gathered at the scene and the victims were already shifted out from the location from the looks of it.

Did not stop to take photos as I did not want to add to the chaos and confusion thanks to the onlookers.

3. Apart from these, yesterday, there are some reports of a Swift that managed to overspeed and loose control, cross the median on NICE between Mysore road and Kanakapura road exits and hit a Maruti Omni coming from the other side. The driver of the swift and a child in the Omni passed away in the accident.

Anyone here have any further details on these accidents?
Old 18th July 2016, 09:57   #21187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post

3. Apart from these, yesterday, there are some reports of a Swift that managed to overspeed and loose control, cross the median on NICE between Mysore road and Kanakapura road exits and hit a Maruti Omni coming from the other side. The driver of the swift and a child in the Omni passed away in the accident.

Anyone here have any further details on these accidents?
Regarding the NICE road accident;
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...s-collide.html
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 14:16   #21188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The number of unprofessional drivers is increasing day by day, it is so simple to get a DL nowadays in Bangalore. I have shared the photo of my beloved Rapid here which was a victim of bad driving by its new owner yesterday in Tamilnadu. The drivers easily get carried over by the speed of cars and lose complete control. It is unfortunate that the driver of Omni died due to negligence by a bad driver behind the wheels of Swift.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rapid_accident.jpg  

Old 18th July 2016, 16:23   #21189
BHPian

This is probably and fits the bad drivers thread but feel could go anywhere:

Seeing this thread only one thing comes to my mind ie. we have almost institutionalized bad driving across the country. None of the accidents raise eyebrows anymore. Earlier all of us would get worked up and take notice, now we just accept it as part and parcel of life.
To me, everyone is a bad driver unless demonstrated otherwise. And, my family's safety is entirely on me.

Drive safe guys, the road is no place for ego or proving any point.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 17:38   #21190

Spotted this crash somwhere on Sus road in Pune. Seems like the driver was over speeding and lost his control over his Suv. Thankfully no one was sleeping outside this house ..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468843409650.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468843431914.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468843465624.jpg  

rohitz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 18:13   #21191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitz View Post
Spotted this crash somwhere on Sus road in Pune. Seems like the driver was over speeding and lost his control over his Suv. Thankfully no one was sleeping outside this house ..
Its the normal case in Pune - Too Much and too little (or maybe none) brains. The real estate scene in Pune has seen a sea change in the last 5 years with every land owner taking in crores for a piece of land. Now what do you do when you have lot of money and nothing to do with investment. Invest in SUVs/Swanky cars, booze and drive. Probably this was one such idiot who managed to wreck a TFort
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 19:16   #21192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Both of them speak for the Build Quality of the Marutis though !

If you know nothing of the accident, then you know nothing of what it says about the build quality.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 23:57   #21193
BHPian

Just shocking. I couldn't even complete the video. PSA: You should always cross behind a large vehicle. Always. Especially parents should teach their kids that if the kids are going to cross the road after getting dropped by a school bus, wait for the bus to go and then cross. School children crossing from behind the bus is also dangerous as vision is obstructed by the bus.

searchingheaven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 01:10   #21194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Just shocking. I couldn't even complete the video. PSA: You should always cross behind a large vehicle. Always. ...
Didn't dare watch the video, but I didn't have to because, age about 15, I got off a bus and walked in front of it. The overtaking car actually swept the coat I was carrying over my arm in front of me away. I guess I came within mm of being possibly dead.

I feel bad that I must have really frightened the car driver. Sure, they shouldn't speed past a bus like that either: a big lesson for both of us. And the bus driver told me, "Just Never do that again." And I haven't.

And as a driver, I look out for people doing it. Fifty years later, I have not forgotten that lesson!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 01:56   #21195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Age about 15, I got off a bus and walked in front of it. The overtaking car actually swept the coat I was carrying over my arm in front of me away. I guess I came within mm of being possibly dead.
Specially for school buses, there are very strict rules for drivers. When a school bus is stopped on the road and is displaying flashing amber lamps and/or the red STOP signal, the drivers of vehicles approaching the school bus from the front or from the rear have to stop before passing the bus and remain stopped until the bus begins to move or no longer has the red stop lamps activated.

I was cited for this offence once and the fine was $200. I was completely ashamed that I did it, I didn't realize the bus was stopping to unload children until I was already passing it. But whatever be the reason, I feel sick just thinking about it. I never fought the citation in court, although I was not in a very good position financially at that time.

I remember the officer coming up to the window and asking me if I knew why I'd been stopped. I told him about the broken taillight and the crack in my windshield. The officer then said, "Son, I expect you to take care of those things right away, and I know you will. I’m not going to give you a fix-it ticket for that because that's not my main concern. I pulled you over because you didn't stop for the school bus that was dropping those little children. Those children, had they been 10 seconds early, would have been hit by your vehicle. If a $200 ticket is what it’s going to take for you to understand this, then we should both be grateful for it.” It did, and I was.

Last edited by searchingheaven : 19th July 2016 at 02:02.
searchingheaven is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks