Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2017, 22:37   #23686
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

T logo or not, it's prudent to leave a car in gear and with parking brake.

First gear isn't the norm. Reverse of the incline is.

I have seen drivers of global tees and global m s lacking in common sense.
Old 4th June 2017, 08:04   #23687
BANNED

Don't know if this was posted previously or not. But this video shows one of the biggest reason, for which the careless bikers do get crushed on the roads. Look at this man, he blatantly ignored the large truck, and then got what he deserved. Thankfully, no major injuries or loss of life.

VKumar is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 08:39   #23688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Don't know if this was posted previously or not. But this video shows one of the biggest reason, for which the careless bikers do get crushed on the roads. Look at this man, he blatantly ignored the large truck, and then got what he deserved. Thankfully, no major injuries or loss of life.
The biker got saved because of the front bumper, is it mandatory for all new trucks to have this design?
ecenandu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 09:01   #23689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3 IDIOTS

Poor truck driver and his owner will pay heavily in time and money because of these idiots.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 09:31   #23690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know if this was posted previously or not. But this video shows one of the biggest reason, for which the careless bikers do get crushed on the roads. Look at this man, he blatantly ignored the large truck, and then got what he deserved.
THIS, this is why I hate two-wheeler riders and there is absolutely no defence by even the biggest of bike lovers that can justify such behavior.

Its they way the bikers tease and taunt you on the road.. much of them have no protection (some lack even a helmet) and they emerge right out of a narrow alley-way into a major road like its their birth-right. Most of them are indirectly saying "hey, I'm a smaller motorist just trying to find my way and I shall go where I desire, if you run into my path you are at fault and you shall be punished for it and I'll do everything on earth to slap the blame on you".

Bangalore (the city with the highest concentration of bikes/scooters) is number one in such behavior, I've seen it all > under-aged riding, triple riding, quadruple riding, helmetless riding, wheelieing, random lane changing with reckless abandon, small-speed crashes after which they'll instantly throw the blame on the larger vehicle and come to assault the driver with their helmet or fists of fury citing the "vulnerable" defense and as usual the crowd there will cheer for the jerk. I've decreased my driving average by over 50% primarily due to these riders and also due to the auto-rickshaws. The risk of being blamed is simply too much for me to handle.
dark.knight is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 22:53   #23691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Look at this man, he blatantly ignored the large truck, and then got what he deserved. Thankfully, no major injuries or loss of life.
What a miracle that the two bikers got up and walked away from that. And what a nightmare for the truck driver.

(And I wish they wouldn't call the video "Live." It was live when it happened: now it's a video!)
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 23:13   #23692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
The biker got saved because of the front bumper, is it mandatory for all new trucks to have this design?
Amazing. I watched the video thrice. The low front bumper prevented the bike from going under. The crazy dude was pushed along with the bike.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 23:19   #23693
BHPian

This is called under Run protection, it is mandatory even on the sides of heavy vehicles & not only motorcycle but it also saves cars from going under heavy vehicle during an accident.
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 08:11   #23694
BHPian

Quote:
Just had multiple views of the video,. even the lady on the left of the truck has just about escaped, she was also way close to the truck at the time of Impact. Also, if you play it very slowly, you will realise that the truck could have easily toppled and over run the 2-wheeler. Indeed very scary...

When would these 2-wheelers learn that these trucks are not as easy to stop as their 2 wheelers especially when they are loaded.

I feel pity for the driver and the owner, for no fault of theirs, they would have been harassed (maybe driver even beaten up).
shantanumishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 09:29   #23695
Distinguished - BHPian

Tire burst @ triple digit speed.
Salem to Ulundurpet highway, around 10km before Ulundurpet. Fortunately all occupants were safe.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_4140.jpg

Piece of tire market in red and tire marks in blue.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_4143.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 09:53   #23696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have said it earlier and saying it now, in such situations its best to attack the tail than try to outrun the other guy. When the biker is so ignorantly crossing the street, it is also obvious that he will not stop his move or turn back. The truck driver should have simply continued straight and braked. If we initiate a turn in such a situation, it will be more dangerous.
  • Firstly, the truck cant outrun the bike and will rather hit him head-on
  • Once he initiates a lane change, there is loss of stability to some extent any sudden braking will lead to further loss of stabilty, increasing the potential for a roll over.
  • He will be risking the lives of other people on the road who had no role to play in the incident, thus inviting greater risk.
  • He will have to do a lot of explaining to do since people wont understand why the truck actually ended there.
  • Instead, if you see in the video, had the truck simply stayed straight and braked, it would have easily passed the biker, and worst case would have sent the bike flying out of control, as a punishment for his ignorance.
Be it a dog, a car or a human across the road, I prefer to aim at their backs rather than their heads
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 10:05   #23697
BHPian

Those persons on the bike should thank their lucky stars/guardian angel and what not for the narrow escapes they've had with their lives inspite of their carelessness and stupidity. All three did not have helmets on.

The other bike with the two persons were coming on the wrong side. This is very often the case with the bikes on Kerala roads. These hare-brained people think they are very clever and beat the traffic by riding on the wrong side and thus causing inconvenience to the other road users.

I hope that the three people on the bikes have gotten some minor post-traumatic stress so that they are careful next time when they venture on to the roads. I also sincerely hope that the truck driver did not get manhandled and beaten by the public as they did not have the recourse to the CCTV footage of the 'Live' accident.

Can we at team BHP make a basic idiots guide to basic safety on motorcycles, maybe include some drawings, pictures and circulate on social media like whatsapp and facebook?. This can be along the lines of the PDI check list that many find useful. It may not change the riding habits of the nation, but in this day and age of rapid spread of messages on social media, the reach will be great and at least a few road users will get some sense drilled into them.
Moderators, can this be looked into ?.

Cheerio.
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 10:06   #23698
Senior - BHPian

Bus vs Truck smash + fire in Bareilly on NH24

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/C5M...-truck-in.html
Old 5th June 2017, 14:29   #23699
BHPian

This happened in Jaipur on 4th June, a Horse broke into a car's windshield after collision between the two. The horse and car driver suffered injuries.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-horse.jpg  

amrutmhatre90 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 14:36   #23700
Senior - BHPian

Noticed a completely burned Ford Ikon on Banagalore NICE road after Benarghata toll gate while driving towards Hosur road. I could not take any snaps since I was driving. I could see only the shell is left, did anyone hear details about this incident

Most Viewed