Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 09:13   #25141
BHPian

Spotted this in Marathahalli outer ring road one week back. Even the right fender area and engine looked heavily damaged. Looked like a self drive car. The car was dirty probably by parking on roadside for long duration.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1511926933916.jpg  

Last edited by aadya : 29th November 2017 at 09:16. Reason: additional info.
aadya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 09:29   #25142
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Finally I was one of the victim of the so called crushers/blasters around the Chikkaballapur.
Seeing the pictures it is quite nasty, glad you/family came out unscathed.
Was the tractor on the left lane or took a sharp turn from the leftmost lane?
What speed were you at?

I never drive on the right lane due to sudden poking of bikes and pedestrians from the median.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 19:41   #25143
BHPian

This happened near Alathur in Palakkad on the national highway. Got through What's app fwd, so no other details available.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20171129wa0000.jpg  

KVNair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:09   #25144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
This happened near Alathur in Palakkad on the national highway. Got through What's app fwd, so no other details available.
At first glance it looks like rest of the container is missing like it is photoshopped. On looking at it carefully, realized it's jack knifed.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 02:02   #25145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Spotted this in Marathahalli outer ring road one week back. Even the right fender area and engine looked heavily damaged. Looked like a self drive car. The car was dirty probably by parking on roadside for long duration.
That would be owned by Revv.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 06:09   #25146
BHPian

People have such a carefree attitude and total lack of common Sense, in this case the two wheeler rider at highest risk and so are other road users.

He has just passed under the hanging truck, what if something could fall of that vehicle.
He has no helmet.
He has just passed riding over the oily patch.

Pity them, thanks yo our licensing system, law and enforcement.
Bless these people with some common sense.

Last edited by Jr Godzilla : 30th November 2017 at 06:11.
Jr Godzilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:09   #25147
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That would be owned by Revv.
Damn ! this very car had helped me celebrate my B'day last year.

No wonder self-drive companies have stopped giving high-end vehicles in their portfolio because of such abuse by customers.

Saw this while picking up a Zoomcar in Delhi :-

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zoomcar-damage.jpg

Rust in Peace :(
Moto$apien is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:04   #25148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Saw this while picking up a Zoomcar in Delhi :-
Rust in Peace :(
Quote:
Spotted this in Marathahalli outer ring road one week back.
It's a really sorry sight and just annoying how we only equate high price vehicle with either speed or space. Personally I have noticed that we do not value craftsmanship, fit and finish, comfort, build quality, safety, durability, noise levels, handling, and a bunch of other things as part of a vehicle's experience.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 13:05   #25149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
It's a really sorry sight and just annoying how we only equate high price vehicle with either speed or space. Personally I have noticed that we do not value craftsmanship, fit and finish, comfort, build quality, safety, durability, noise levels, handling, and a bunch of other things as part of a vehicle's experience.
People do value and appreciate all the aspects you mentioned, the real problem is that they(most people) don't value other's property if they are given access to the same, use them carelessly and as abusively as possible.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 30th November 2017 at 13:20.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:43   #25150
BHPian

A motorcyclist had rear ended a Ciaz at Ramapuram Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ciaz-rearended-bike-ramapuramjpg.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 16:42   #25151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
People do value and appreciate all the aspects you mentioned, the real problem is that they(most people) don't value other's property if they are given access to the same, use them carelessly and as abusively as possible.
No offense here. As I see it.
It is the upbringing which develops this careless and carefree attitude.
If only good a few good habits could have been taught in early childhood we would have much less pollution this includes water, garbage pile ups, damaging public property and finally road manners.

It amazes me to see some of my IT colleagues how well they behave when they are in UK and the moment they land back home its a different person.

Ehh split personality.

Ohh yes and I forgot to mention - Respect for elders and the aged, especially on the bus.

Last edited by Jr Godzilla : 30th November 2017 at 16:46.
Jr Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 10:07   #25152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
At first glance it looks like rest of the container is missing like it is photoshopped. On looking at it carefully, realized it's jack knifed.
It isnt. You are looking at the container as it would look when you look at it from behind the cabin when the cabin and the trailer are in a single line. So the entire container is hidden from your view and you see only one face of it. Isn't photo shopped as per me
Old 1st December 2017, 10:36   #25153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
It isnt. You are looking at the container as it would look when you look at it from behind the cabin when the cabin and the trailer are in a single line. So the entire container is hidden from your view and you see only one face of it. Isn't photo shopped as per me
I think that exactly is what he meant:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackknifing
Turbopetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 10:38   #25154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Got rear ended by an indica today. I was making a right turn when he tried to sneak in with no space and so slowed but hit the side of my rear bumper. I slowed down and he then rear ended me. I am left with a damaged bruised bumper. Trying to convince the driver that he was at fault was impossible. Even the educated ladies in the car blamed me for slowing.... They called a lawyer relative and I left.
I think RTO rules stipulate that in case of rear ending, the tailing vehicle is at fault. You may want to check this.
Of course, there is no way that anyone can convince the other person in an accident. If you rear end anyone it is your fault and if anyone rear ends you, it is also your fault. People in numbers always win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
It amazes me to see some of my IT colleagues how well they behave when they are in UK and the moment they land back home its a different person.
Lack of relevant consequences, for one. No fines or social consequences for bad behaviour or breaking traffic rules.
And lack of respect for others here is the other. I am sure these people respect foreigners more than they would fellow Indians.
Old 1st December 2017, 11:25   #25155
BHPian

I was on a leisure trip in Mumbai last week. While strolling at Marine Drive, I witnessed an accident involving a biker and a pedestrian. The biker was riding fast, possibly around 60-70 kmph, when a pedestrian decided to cross the street coming from the jogging track end to the middle of the road. He was clearly looking at the wrong side of the road, away from the incoming traffic. The biker tried to apply the brakes but couldn't control in time and ended up hitting the guy. His bike crashed, his helmet got tossed over a few meters away and he got hit in the head and face. It was dirty, with a lot of blood. Though he was in senses, the injuries looked serious. He was immediately rushed to a hospital in a cab. The guy who was hit got fewer injuries, and was also taken to the hospital.
Having witnessed the scene in front of my eyes, I can tell that the jogging track at Marine Drive should definitely have a fencing around it. The traffic usually moves fast on that road and people crossing the road with little care definitely invites accidents. There are kids walking on that track. Having no fencing is definitely a big no for such a place!
meetgds is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed