Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 11:49   #25156
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
His bike crashed, his helmet got tossed over a few meters away and he got hit in the head and face.
If the helmet flew out of the head, it is quite possible that it wasn't strapped.

If it wasn't strapped, it is not surprising that the rider suffered a lot more head / face injuries since the person would have been carrying a lot more momentum.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 14:02   #25157
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend clicked this and sent this to me on Whatsapp today.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20171201wa0016.jpg
This was near RV road Metro station in Bangalore it seems.
He told me that there was a TBHP Sticker on the Verna. He doesn't have details about how it happened. but for the side airbags to deploy, the impact must have been pretty high.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 15:22   #25158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
He doesn't have details about how it happened. but for the side airbags to deploy, the impact must have been pretty high.
Looks like the Verna was trying to overtake the Manza around the same time that the Manza driver decided to turn right.
Or perhaps a case of oneupmanship?
Old 2nd December 2017, 09:42   #25159
BHPian

Don't know if this has been posted here before. But the ABS in his bike saved him from ending up on top of the Pulsar.

Looks like the pillion did bang his head on the road. The rider was lucky that his helmet stayed on despite it not being strapped.

Last edited by Shanksta : 2nd December 2017 at 09:45.
Shanksta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:15   #25160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
A friend clicked this and sent this to me on Whatsapp today.
Attachment 1701349
This was near RV road Metro station in Bangalore it seems.
He told me that there was a TBHP Sticker on the Verna. He doesn't have details about how it happened. but for the side airbags to deploy, the impact must have been pretty high.
Happened near 33rd cross Jayanagar. I was the unfortunate driver in the 3223 km clocked Verna that was side ended by a Tata Indigo which was turning to the main road from the side road at 50-60 km/hour. There is a T-junction just before the image where the Indigo came fast on a side road and turned as I was going on the main road. Due to the force, the car came to the full right - luckily I was in 2nd gear in low speed.

The driver apologized and accepted his mistake in writing to have hit my car in the police station. So I did not ask him for any money or damages caused due to his rash driving. I needed the complaint and FIR for insurance claiming

The side airbags and front two airbags inflated. However damages to the car is not much with the bumper and left fender needing replacement with the front headlight and fog lamp. Not sure why the airbags came off but would have been useful if there was a high speed vehicle that came front. For my good luck, there was no vehicle coming from front.

bumper to bumper insurance should take care of the airbags, fender, bumper and lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Looks like the Verna was trying to overtake the Manza around the same time that the Manza driver decided to turn right.
Or perhaps a case of oneupmanship?
No, The Manza hit the Verna on the side from a side road while the Verna was on the main road. Luckily no physical damages to any person

No major damage luckily.

Being a new car, the dealership may not have spare parts and has to procure from Chennai. So looks like it could take some time. Does any Hyundai owner have experience of how long it takes for spare parts like airbags to come from Chennai?

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 2nd December 2017 at 11:21.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:41   #25161
BHPian

Happened on the Ludhiana-Delhi Highway near Doraha. 3 occupants were in the car, 2 of them lost lives including the driver
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20171202wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd December 2017 at 19:35. Reason: Removing gory pic. Please be sensitive while sharing pics having graphic content. Thanks.
trinity0114 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 18:33   #25162
BHPian

Video of Brezza, watch the way truck calmly walks away

Last edited by aerohit : 2nd December 2017 at 19:02.
aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 18:52   #25163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
I hope that police managed to trace down the truck and put the driver behind bars. Absolutely no road sense - stopping in the middle of the road.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:12   #25164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
Happened on the Ludhiana-Delhi Highway near Doraha. 3 occupants were in the car, 2 of them lost lives including the driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Seems like the pictures shared by trinity0114 & the video shared by aerohit are of the same ill fated red Brezza. An overtaking manouver by the Brezza driver gone completely wrong. He was trying to overtake a truck traveling in middle lane that too from the left side assuming that left side will be clear, big mistake. Only at the last moment he might have realized the stationary truck in the leftmost lane. He tried to swerve to left to avoid the truck, but by that time it was too late. The right front have got ripped apart taking those precious lives.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:50   #25165
BHPian

I was hit by a driver that violated below.

Unregulated intersection

13.9.At the crossroads of unequal roads driver of a vehicle moving along the minor roads, must give way to vehicles coming on the main, regardless of the direction of their further movement

Idiot came so fast to intersection. I did not even have opportunity to brake.

Now with minor damages but inflated airbags, have to wait a few weeks for spares, this being a new car.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2017 at 17:00. Reason: SMS lingo
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 22:23   #25166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Happened near 33rd cross Jayanagar. I was the unfortunate driver in the 3223 km clocked Verna that was side ended by a Tata Indigo which was turning to the main road from the side road at 50-60 km/hour.
Indeed very unfortunate for such a new car, but lucky you and the other driver have come out of it scratchless

Quote:
The driver apologized and accepted his mistake in writing to have hit my car in the police station. So I did not ask him for any money or damages caused due to his rash driving. I needed the complaint and FIR for insurance claiming. Bumper to bumper insurance should take care of the airbags, fender, bumper and lights.
Hats off to your patience and handling the situation in a very matured way. I know you must be heartbroken to see your new car in such a situation for no fault of yours, but life is that way, full of surprises. You have to take it in your own stride, isn't it?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 22:47   #25167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I know you must be heartbroken to see your new car in such a situation for no fault of yours, but life is that way, full of surprises. You have to take it in your own stride, isn't it?
Yes, very heartbroken!
My regret is that I did not have the option of even braking - literally no control over preventing or avoiding it.

The car needs replacement of the following parts:
a) Windshield
b) Front bumper
c) Front headlight - left side
d) Front foglight - left side
e) Fender - both sides
f) bonnet - painting maybe?
g) Left side door - painting to remove 2-3 scratches
h) 2 curtain airbags, 2 front airbags and any associated wiring

I am hearing that these repairs might take 2 weeks as the spare parts come from Chennai. Does that sound reasonable or unlikely?
I have heard stories of these jobs being done in a week's time to more than 1.5 months based on spare part availability

Anybody with similar unfortunate experience as mine or have heard of time taken in such cases?

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 2nd December 2017 at 23:00.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:24   #25168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Absolutely no road sense - stopping in the middle of the road.
This is applicable to the Brezza driver as well. Less visibility, over speeding and then blindly using the left most lane to overtake. Unfortunately it ended up as a very costly mistake for him.
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:34   #25169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This is applicable to the Brezza driver as well. Less visibility, over speeding and then blindly using the left most lane to overtake. Unfortunately it ended up as a very costly mistake for him.
Yes. The Brezza driver is at fault here along-with the parked truck. He had no business turning at high speed to the left lane and should have slowed down when the truck at front was so slow
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:35   #25170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
.....Absolutely no road sense - stopping in the middle of the road.
Looks more like 3 lanes separated by a strip from a service lane, and the truck was on the leftmost lane of the active carriageway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
.... He tried to swerve to left to avoid the truck, but by that time it was too late. The right front have got ripped apart taking those precious lives.
The chap who walked by a moment earlier was lucky, could've easily gotten caught up in the accident, or collected by the swerving car if it missed the truck.

The video is grainy, but it does look like the driver is thrown around violently before being hurled out of the ripped RHS section. Seatbelts?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks